Chapter 67

"It has been quite some time, keeper. I see that not everything is going well."

I said with what sound like a small smirk on his face. Whether he was showing it or not, she could not tell. After all, she was no expert in dragon faces. But, just simply seeing him fill her heart with happiness.

"I promise thee, my dear Alduin that tis be the last time I call upon thee for assistance."

"Well, indeed. All I did was buy some time and I do have some things to inform you."

"We both have unspoken words to say, it seems."

"Indeed, my dear keeper, indeed."

They both looked upon the horizon as the grandmaster was instructing the surviving citizens to rebuild civilization from scratch. Both Selph and Falkor was beside the grandmaster. Mostly, it was Selph as she looked keen on advising the grandmaster to build new things.

The guardians were talking with her disciples. Siegward slowly walked up to them carrying his storm ruler. His armor has already recovered from her powers. Now that, she was taking a rest, the knight of Catrina could use her flames to recover.

"Pardon me. I was absorbed in thought. Look at me, useless like a rat. But you needn't worry. I've just been sitting here, weighing my options. The moment has almost come."

"Will thou be going to slumber once again, my dear Siegward? I could allow thee to walk under the sun once more."

"Ah! You are a saint! You are my valiant savior from my burdens. I, Siegward of Catarina, express my deepest gratitude. But no go ahead. You have your road to take, and I have mine.

After all, I am but a ghost of the past. But who would expect that I would gaze upon the everlasting ones after dead. Life truly can be strange."

Saying that he looked upon Alduin right in the eyes. The everlasting dragons were legends among legends back in her homeland. Alduin however just grunted without replying. She smiled at that. The everlasting ones were left alone for so long that they barely knew how to communicate.

"I am in your debt Ms. Keeper. Call upon me if you require any assistance but for now, I too shall take a rest. But a toast if you wouldn't mind."

She sat down on the ground and Siegward followed. Alduin flapped his mighty winds and flew off stirring dust all around them but she blew them away with a gentle breeze.

"It seems I'm in your debt once again. My thanks, I could not have kept my promise without you.
Now, for a final toast."

He raised his cup of mead, and she followed along after he filled her cup. The way they both raised it touched upon the sun's rays. She gazed upon the sun from another planet.

No matter what world, the sun has always been magnificent. So bright and mighty as it has always been. In time, they shall fade but new ones shall form once again.

"To your valour, and my old friend Yhorm. Long may the sun shine!"

"Long may the sun shine."

Saying that they both drank their toast in one shot. After that they sat their cup down and just sat quietly looking down at the hardworking mass as they got a chance to build their home. Home has never been an actual word in Lordran so seeing them rebuild them was unfamiliar.

"Well, I'm going to have myself a little nap. The only thing to do, really, after a nice toast. You are a true friend. Best of luck with your duty."

Saying those short words, he slowly fades away. May he escape from the madness of the dark and find peace within it for the first time.

"So, there he goes.", said Alduin as he came back down again.

"Thou needn't dodge the encounter, my dear Alduin. I am sure that Siegward would have loved to toast with an everlasting dragon."

"I don't like drinks. But anyway, I have some news for you. It seems we are not the only beings to have set foot in this world. I learnt of Yharnam from Odin and there are traces of the Abyss among it. And lately, Odin and I have encountered Abyss Watchers rising in Asgard."

"I hold the same news to share, my dear Alduin. I have encountered an entity by the name Red Hood, and he reeks of the Abyss. I may also have some need for more help in the future."

"Help will always be provided to you, my dear keeper. But now I must return to my land once again. My time here is almost up. I will leave a physical mark with you."

Saying that, he manifested a talisman in his palms and let it float towards her. It was a plain wooden board with nothing special, but she could feel something akin to a locator on it.

This would allow Alduin to get to her location quickly. Not instantly but it would take a few minutes at most to summon him in his full strength. Holding a thumbs up again, he disappeared. Ah, she forgot to ask him about the thumbs up but there will be further opportunities.

Now, all urgent affairs were done, and she have to go visit her disciple once again. She will have to check up on her soul once again to ensure that it does not happen again.

She teleported right beside her instantly. Her disciple would run away anytime she got near her but now, she could no longer run. She instantly walked away but the keeper held her down and forced her to sit.

"Why art thou turning away, my dear Wanda?"

She just hung her head down not daring to look upon her master's face. She could easily sense her guilt that was penetrating through her heart, but she could also sense another feeling that has been there for a long time.

"I do not blame thee for anything my dear girl. But I know that thy demon would not have taken advantage of thee without some gaps in thou'st mental state."

She still did not say anything keeping her head lower. She felt like she was talking to a doll. The guilt that came out was even worse than before. It increased alongside another feeling. She would have to say it straight.

"Does thou forget, my dear Wanda that I am a master of emotions. I can easily sense any emotions from thee. I suppose some blame lies within me for not addressing it sooner.

Let it out, my dear girl.
It is not good to bottle up all those feelings. After all, do people not prefer to be straightforward? At least, I prefer it that way. I wish to address about those feelings thou hath for me."

Now, all she could sense was a blank. Gone was the guilt. Gone was that feeling. She could tell it was straight shock to her soul once again, but it is not good to let it on hold longer.
.
.
.
.
.
This is Chapter 67.

I think it is time to address Wanda's feelings that I have put on hold for some time.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know.