Chapter 7

Fury told her that he would be sending someone to pick her up tomorrow. This gave her a chance to think about his words.

He seemed to mention 'god'? This might explain why he asked her for help. The weapons in this land have extremely strong destructive power but no amount of firepower can even slightly hurt a god.

This was where Earth was inferior to her world. Once a being of higher dimension, they had no way of hurting them. She had seen the bomb called nukes devastate entire cities. They could pour every amount of firepower they could muster.

She had no doubt that entire countries could be levelled by the amount of power they hold. Yet, all those tools of destruction would not even scratch a god-like being. However, back in her homeland, you could slay a god with naught but a dagger if it was to be enchanted to kill a god.

She wondered how it would feel to witness a 'god' in person. The longer time flows the more she could feel the old Lords of Cinder still barely sentient, eager to walk in the sun once more. This caused her some discomfort as she felt like an usurper to their sacrifice.

The next day, Coulson came over and took her into 'Lola'. The name 'Lola' still baffled her to this day. He did not choose a majestic or mighty but settled for 'Lola'. Why? She never knew.

As, they went on their way, she contemplated on Nick Fury's words once again. This time she reflected not on the situation, but about comments on herself. They wanted her.

She had heard of tales of guardians defending their land. However, she has no idea of whether she would be well-fitted to go.

Usually, the ashen one was the being saving the world while she was his helper; more on the sidelines rather than personally to the field.

She was a guide for lost heroes. She was there so the ashen one would always see a familiar face once he inevitably gets revived once again.

She had made him stronger, healed his wounds, strengthened his armor and sharpen his weapons. But it would be the first time for her to go out there in the field. She felt unworthy of such honor when she was but a simple firekeeper.

Furthermore, she did not like the word "Avengers". It is as if they would fail to protect what matters most only to avenge it later. There were many a tale of vengeance back in her homeland.

They always end in misery and death. Well, death comes for all, but why not an choose an easier death? However, she is not one to judge for she was amidst strange beings in a strange land.

She finally arrived on a metal construct they called a quinjet. It was magnificent piece of craft built to resemble a bird and imitate their features. Humans truly had come far by building something beings in her old world would have never thought of.

She once again reminded of how helpless they are despite all their technological advances when facing a god. This is the fragility of mankind. The ashen one once told her that he relax before a fight not because he was confident of winning but because he can never truly die.

'Relax', she thought to herself. She prayed once again this time for all the Lords of Cinder who sacrificed themselves to keep the fire burning, fueling the very world itself.

The fire that is now her. She muttered softly, "Noble Lords of Cinder... the fire fades, and the lords go without thrones. Surrender your fires, to the one true heir. Let them grant peace in death to the old gods of Lordran, deliverers of the First Flame.".

Nobody heard her but she once again felt the comfort of the bonfire. It was as if the remaining pieces of the Lords of Cinder has finally passed on.

After some time, the quinjet landed in what is known as a Heli carrier. It was an even larger piece of machinery than the quinjet. It looked like it could host well over a thousand men.

She got off and was greeted by a man. Personally, she had never even talked to the man, but she could easily recognize who the man was due to him being present in the history books themselves.

"Nice to meet you. Steve Rogers.", said the man. She did not know his personality, but his soul seemed as if it was filled to the brim with kindness. 'A man who would make a fine lord of cinder', she thought to herself by judging the way he would sacrifice himself to keep the flames burning. At least, this is what she learnt from how books would describe him.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, my dear Captain. You may address me as firekeeper.", he merely nodded without so much as judging. She had seen many a people who would wonder why she would use a name like that.

The same way Coulson named a car 'Lola' when it held no life of it's own.

"Over here, Ms. Keeper, you can call me Natasha Romanoff or Black widow", another one chimed in. It was a familiar voice and she turned to see Nat once again after weeks.

"Clint Barton. Call me Hawkeye", said another one. He looked like a man of short words. This one was more familiar to her as he had bows and arrows.

The name 'Hawkeye' reminded her of another archer back home. He was one of Gwyn's knights. Only this one has eyes and is the size of an average human rather than a giant.

The Hawkeye back home would usually contemplate about life and other philosophical states. She doubted this one does the same as he still is in his prime.

She had seen them in the files Fury gave her, but nothing comes close to seeing the real one. They then spotted a man looking confused. He wore grey clothes and was looking left and right with his messy hair.

Steve and Nat walked over to him while she followed Barton into the place she was supposed to go, wherever that may be for she would always by their side as long they would work to protect their land.

She is a firekeeper and her job was to always make sure that 'heroes' will always have a home to return.

A guide to help them when they get lost.

To ease their worries when they feel doubt.

To save them when they would save everyone other than themselves.