Chapter 94

She stepped backward as fast as possible and looked around to search more of them. She spotted three of them watching at her with one more who swung its sword at her. In total, there were four Abyss Watchers.

As far as she could tell, none of them were corrupted but she doubts they would listen to her. Just as she taught Wanda, she must first 'empty the bowl' and beat them up before saying anything. Besides it is not as if she got time. They were already rushing straight at her.

They all wore a distinctive armor consisting of leather over chain mail, a long cloak, and a distinctive, pointed helm. Known for combating and ridding the world of the Abyss, and whatever comes from it; there was no denying that they were excellent warriors.

All of them use a great sword and carved dagger. The dagger is not primarily used for offense, or even parrying, but as a hook for the Watchers to utilize their wild, unpredictable fighting style.

The Abyss Watchers themselves sought to utilize the techniques of Artorias and partook of wolf blood to do so. Now equipped with the strength of Artorias, they became intensely strong and agile, fighting in a coordinated and sporadic pack akin to that of wolves.

Though the Legion was not inherently evil or overtly violent, at the slightest threat of the Abyss the Watchers would go so far as to decimate an entire territory. Their distinct outfits, topped off with a tall, pointed helm, became an ill omen for any who saw them.

Their wolf-blood fighting style was enhanced by the revolutionary use of a great sword modeled after Artorias' sword along with a carved dagger, utilizing the dagger as support for them to develop their own unique, highly agile fighting techniques that were even more unpredictable and vicious than their predecessor.

In a way, there were even harder to deal with then Artorias. Artorias may have the strength of a wolf, but he did not have a pack whereas the Abyss Watchers would slaughter their prey with no honor and tear it apart to pieces using their superior numbers. As far as she could tell, they disdained the use of shields and preferred a constant offense with no rest.

Hawkwood the Deserter was a former member of the Abyss Watchers, and it is speculated back in Lordran that he eventually deserted the Legion in part because of the mockery he received for his shield.

Even the mighty warriors of Carthus who lust for victory were destroyed by them with basically no chance of fighting back. Keep in mind that these were warriors of Wolnir who nearly conquered the world of Lordran.

It was Wolnir, the high lord of the ancient kingdom of Carthus who defeated them with his final breath by corrupting them using the Abyss. Even then, they continued to prevail for some time before sacrificing themselves and returning as rightful Lords of Cinder.

Favoring speed over strength she had very little time to cast any spells. It was also a tactic utilize by them to face against sorcerers and it was useful. She had already taken out her scythe when a sword slashes her from the back of her knees.

The blow to the back caused her to fly to the sky. She stepped on air and land down again only to have another one slashing open her shoulders. She was now bleeding like never before and they did not look like they were going to stop.

She moved back again when another great sword thrusted straight in her face. She parried it with her scythe only to be sliced open once again by the dagger in the other hand.

Her opponents were not exactly the most powerful foes she had fought but they were without a doubt the deadliest with every slash aimed to kill and with no room for hesitation. With the discipline of a trained warrior, they were very efficient. One more blow and she would be dead.

A pillar of fire rose around her and this forced them to get away. It gave her little time for healing herself. Although she had not gone back to full health yet, she was in a proper condition to fight.

She separated her scythe into a blade in her right and a staff in her left. The scythe was fast, but not fast enough to deal with the likes of the Abyss Watchers. Another great sword came to her legs once again intending to flip her like a rag doll.

She shoved the staff to the ground stopping it in its tracks, but a dagger followed again shortly after. She coated her arms in fire and used it to parry it. She still got wounded but the two blows she delivered afterwards was worth it.

She failed to finish him off as another one stabbed down from above. The sword already had flames coming out of it. She rolled to dodge it when slashed horizontally at her once again. Because one being out of commission, it was a lot easier to deal with them afterwards.

Furthermore, these weren't the Abyss walkers weakened by the corruption of the Abyss. They were still in their prime and were way stronger than the Abyss Watchers that the Ashen One faced. The only reason she was winning was because there were only three of them here.

Soon, more would start showing up and she had to render them unmovable fast. This time, she attacked first. She did not use any weapons, but she used sorcery to keep them at a distance. Small fireballs generated only to harass them.

Even while they were busy dodging the fireballs, they did not forget to come close to her. The rest was easy work. All she had to do was get close to one and break his legs. Of course, it wasn't painless. She still ended up with major gashes of blood.

The remaining one did not try to leave as she expected but stood on business standing his ground fully intend on dying with her. But it was not as bold as before. Holding a great sword in one hand and a dagger on his other hand he slowly circled around.

This gave her some time to summon Sif. The transmission of Sif was not instant. That was the problem with summoning Sif right at the start. All three of them would interrupt it immediately. But with only one left in a condition to fight, she could defend against it.

A howl emerged from the blinding light as Sif came out in all his well-deserved glory. He may be a tad bit dramatic with his howl as if he was waiting to be teleported. With the eyes of a predator and grey fur he looked at everyone with caution as he stepped out.

The last Abyss Walker stopped his fighting stance immediately. He slowly walked and knelt before the great grey wolf. Even if she didn't tell them, their blood demands that they obey him. The Abyss Watchers were created in honor of Artorias, and they did not exclude Sif.

The two who were injured slowly dragged their wounded bodies only to stand up and knelt once again. She would be lying if she said she was not surprised at this. They bowed so easily. But that was because they know that it was the actual Sif and not a random great grey wolf in front of them.

They could not be deceived. The very blood the flows in their undead bodies knew it with complete certainty. They had zero doubts and therefore chose to kneel. Now, all she had to do was gather them and bring them in front of Alduin.