Chapter 57

She stepped into the cube where Loki was located with the Grandmaster. It appears that the Grandmaster was already ready for her visit. He had driven out his guards and the other people that surrounded him.

Even Loki had been driven out of the room. By the looks of it, Loki failed his test. The grand master noticed his illusion but pay no heed to it. After all, to ageless beings like them, it matters not whether you are near or far.

She too, did not bring anyone apart from the two everlasting dragons. After all, they too had the right to know about what happened to their home world.

"So, you come to me seeking answers for your old world." Gone was the frivolous game-obsessed elder of the universe. Speaking to her was one of the oldest beings in the universe. One of the first intelligent beings to ever evolve.

She had no doubt that they were cruel existences. She knew beings like the Grandmaster very well. He looks ridiculous, feels like a clown or a whole circus but that was no reason to underestimate him.

"Yes, though I wonder how thee realize these questions of mine." She did not give any indication that she was going to ask this question, yet he knew. He even knew of the fact that she did not come from this world.

"Oh, they tell me everything or perhaps many things but yes, there are very little I do not know. It gets boring living for a long time. But, I am not exactly supposed to tell you that. But, I could for a price."

"What doth thou wish for?", she would first see his offer for a bargain.

"These two, they are like us. Give them to me." The words that came out of his mouth resembled that of a lion. He wanted as much as he could. But if he knew her, her answer would be clear to her. The two everlasting leaked part of their might in anger but it did not faze him.

"Choose another thing of your choice, Grandmaster, If thou knew what I am like, thy would also know mine response. And be not mistaken. They are no property of mine or anyone's."

"Very well, I was just trying anyway. Don't mind it. Then, I want you to join our side."

"Our side? I'm afraid I do not understand, Grandmaster. Do explain what thou wish of me."

He got up of his chair and stared at his window.

"We are one of the very first species in this universe. Our life endless. We are untouchable by common beings, untouched by disease or plague.

Yet we will come to an end one day. Yes, we do not age, but we can be killed easily. We wish to get rid the weakness of death."

"So, thou wish to become immortal. To be everlasting. To never enter the sweet embrace of death. There are far too many beings back in my homeland who got thy wish without even asking and they face the morning sun suffering every day."

"Does the two beside you look as if they were suffering? There are flaws in your immortality. What I meant is true immortality.

We do not wish to prolong our short lives. We do not wish to beg Death for another day. We wish to reject death herself of our own will."

"And pray tell me, how can I even help in this situation. I find myself no use of thy plan to rid the pleasure of death."

"Oh, you will come in! Just not now, and I am not the only one who wishes the reject the kingdom of death. There are more elders like me who do not wish to end.

One day, I shall play a game with death. A game I shall win, and you will be my ... what do you call it ... wild card."

"Then, I hope thou can start with telling me some information about what thou know."

"Impatient, are we. Well, where do I start ... " He was interrupted in the middle by a smiling face with a red hood. A smiling face that only appeared in the reflection of the window. She did not see its body or even sense it but only from the mirror. It reminds her of ghosts.

"En Dwi Gast ... En Dwi Gast ... you shouldn't really be sprouting nonsense right now." It was surely the red hood. She got ready to use her powers. The two everlasting ones also went on guard.

"En Dwi Gast ... ", the grandmaster held a finger to his chin.

"That is my name! Oh, forgive me! After all, it has been a few millennia since anyone called me by my name.", he went off again in is childish tone.

"Are you sure your lady is okay with these people seeing you?" He pointed at them. She however, did not say anything. She wanted to watch first before making a move.

"She will never know if you are not there to tell her.", he replied grimly.

"Oh! Don't you dare underestimate this world, 'alien'. There exists beings who could easily kill your lady. And you are but a mere brat in my eyes. Do you think you scare me, red hood? Know that I am no easy prey for you."

"Not easy prey, you may be but a prey, nonetheless. I agree that there exist beings who are more powerful than my lady, yet they are utterly helpless against her. And even you do not know why."

"Enough, red hood, tell us why thou art here to interrupt our bid'st?"

"Of course, of course as the keeper wills. After all, our 'hero's' journey cannot be so easy. We will come find you when the time wills it but for now, please refrain from asking further questions."

"Thy true body cannot descend upon this plane, can it? Then, tell me why thou can do to stop it?"

His eyes turned dangerous at this.

"You are right. I can't, but he can", he spoke of his declaration before disappearing. A giant blade divided the room into half.

She moved back. The grandmaster was gone. He probably escaped. She looked upon who or what it was. This time, it was not a dream world but the real world itself.

Many species were running away from the abomination summoned by the Red Hood. She did not know where her disciples were right now, but the two dragons have run off to them after she instructed them to bring them to this battlefield.

She then spoke to the Red Hood, but she wasn't sure if he heard it.

"My dear red hood, thou art not the only one who can summon the dead."

Ever since she saw Gael again, she has also been working on bringing out old souls from the first flame. She knew who to summon for this foe. She summoned him as his voice came out.

"Yhorm, old friend. I, Siegward of Catarina, have come to uphold my promise. Let the sun shine upon this Lord of Cinder!"

.

.

.

.

.

This is Chapter 57.

One thing you should know is that I have buffed the world of dark souls to match with the marvel world.