Chapter 109

"Well, hello, Mobius. I have a few questions that need to be answered. But first, art thous't the one who trapped me in the flow of time?"

He appeared scared but still tried to wriggle out of her hands. She could also clearly see that he was attempting some sort of signal for help. She put an end to it but wrapping him around in whips of fire. He gave up after struggling for a while and gave her an answer.

"Yes, it's me."

"Why would thee do that? I do not ever recall offending whatever organization thou art currently at."

According to what she knows so far, she still could not tell what sort of organization this was. What she was certain was that it was no 'SHIELD'. It was way stronger. If the two organizations would go to war, it would have been a dimensional blow.

She spread her senses as far as she could yet there was no end to what she sensed. It resembled an infinite space of office with workers to no end. She did not know what kind of organization would need such a large number of workers.

Those billions upon billions of workers alone could crush to Avengers to death under their sheer weight. She has no information on this organization, and she did not wish to antagonize them for no reason. All that said, she was a little angry for being trapped for no reason. Just a little.

"You did not offend us, but your actions are breaking the sacred timeline. Ever since you appeared, it has been out of control."

'The sacred timeline?', that was a term she has never heard of before. But judging by the words, it was quite obvious. He sounds like they were some sort of guardians maintain time itself. But she was willing to bet her left hand that they were not at all.

The guardian of something as grand and large as time would not be a bunch of office workers no matter how many there may be. The everlasting dragons or the Lords might barely qualify for some grandiose job. But she sensed no lies in him meaning he fully believed it to be true.

"So, where art the rest of the group?"

"They have been pruned. Erased alongside the rest of the timeline."

'Erased alongside the rest of the timeline?', she raised an eye brown. She did not think mere office workers would be able to deal with an entire universe. Even if they could by some miracle, she was just talking to the everlasting ones before she teleported over.

Either they were delusional, or the erasure of the timeline could be done very quickly without her even realizing it. She could still sense the bond with Artoras, her disciples, and the everlasting ones. Everybody was still alive and well according to her senses so, what truly was going on here?

She will find out soon but first, punishment was due. Although she quite enjoyed the fact that she could be alone for years once again, she would have never gotten out without the help of Morris. Now that she recognized 'the way' out of time, she would not be trapped again.

"Doth, thou fear death, Mobius?"

He went pale and started nodding very quickly. By now, other people have noticed the commotion and are starting to gather. People with glowing yellow sticks that assumed were guards were quickly advancing towards their position.

"Yes, I prefer being alive over dying ... if it's possible. After all, killing someone is a pretty evil thing to do."

"Death—the most dreadful of evils—is nothing to us, since while we exist, death is not present, and whenever death is present, we do not exist. It is nothing either to the living or the dead, since it
does not exist for the living, and the dead no longer are."

"What ... does that mean?"

"It means that thou shall be experiencing death soon, so my advice is 'be not afraid'."

"Wait wait wait"

He started to go on, but she had no desire to listen to his meaningless ramblings that will only serve to irritate her further. But before she could finish the job and grant this man a peaceful death, a green bolt of magic accompanied by a dagger was shot at her way.

She did not even have to let go. Flames flared around as it protected her. Such attacks were much too weak for her to even consider personally dealing with them. However, the sorcery had a familiar aura.

She turned her head around and was not so surprised when she interpreted whose magic it belonged to. Standing in front of her was Loki but he was nearly unrecognizable and might as well just be another person.

He too was wearing a suit for some reason. But he looks ... older. She did not want him to look older. He did not simply grow old. He grew up. She did now want her disciples to grow up. She simply wants them to become older, but she supposes that's life.

It is how it was and how it will be. Everybody grows up sooner or later. He looks so tired. Gone was the smirk that was ever present in his face. Gone were the silly pranks and fun he used to have in his head of tricks.

"I don't know who you are, but I assure you that you will regret it if you don't put him down."

It seems like Loki did not recognize her for some reason. She spread her senses all over him and discovered something. He was Loki but not 'her' Loki. It was another one. Still a Loki but not one from her timeline.

She let go of Mobius as he asked. He slammed into the ground as he grabbed his neck and started coughing. Guards circled all around her with their glowing sticks raised. Loki held the man up and stared at her getting ready to gesture the guards.

"Getting bold, I see but I will not hold thee accountable so why don't you explain what is going on here?"