Chapter 46

"Hey! Let us in!", screamed a voice from another ship that approached them once they were near the planet. It looks like someone revived a dead ship. It was as if they made that ship from a scrapyard.

"A little help here?", the same voice. The ship looked to be on the verge of just exploding. And apparently, a 'nearly there' for Yondu meant a few hours. She could also sense two beings inside the ship. They were strange lifeforms she had difficulty understanding. They share similarities with the life on Earth.

"Let them in.", she commanded Yondu.

"Really? They might be other pirates."

"No, for I can sense only two beings inside the ship." Yondu just shrugged at this and opened the hatch as the ship went inside.

"Thanks man, a few more minutes we would've been a goner!", sighed one. Coming out was the one of the most bizarre things she had ever witnessed and that included the abominations of Lordran.

Coming out was a talking racoon and a walking tree. It wasn't a very strange thing. It was just bizarre to see a talking racoon and walking tree far out in the cosmos of space. Although, Thor and Loki didn't seem to be surprised by the look of it, Wanda's eyes were bulging out.

She then thought about it again. She recognized the tree as one of the species out in the universe, but she could not recognize the talking animal.

"Yondu?", asked the raccoon clearly recognizing who Yondu was.

"Rat? That you? Where's Quill?"

"My name is Rocket and Quill went off with his old man."

"I am Groot.", said the little tree. The little tree seems to be very interested in her. Perhaps it was because of the aura she gave off to natural beings.

"Ego?"

"Yeah. It's a day for dumbass names." He then started cackling.

"You're smiling. And for a second, I got a warm feeling. But then it was ruined by those disgusting-ass teeth."

"You like a professional asshole or what?"

"Pretty much a pro. Why didn't you deliver Quill to Ego like you promised?"

"He was skinny. Could fit into places we couldn't. Good for thieving."

They both seemed to be off in their own world.

"Oh and ... who is this?" asked rocket as he looked at them.

"You're on our ship, you little rodent. Yondu is our captive so, show us some respect.", sneered Loki. He seems to exert his authority as much as possible since he had the lowest hierarchy on the ship other than the ravagers.

The 'rodent' then jumped on his face. She didn't stop it as seeing a 'god' struggle against a 'rodent' was a tad bit amusing. Rocket may not realize it but he is bringing a lot of joy on this ship.

"Uhh... I will be doing jumps with this ship."

"Why ask me, my dear Yondu? Thou art the helmsman as of this moment."

"The thing is it ain't healthy for a mammalian body to hop more than 50 jumps at a time. And we are about to do 700 at the same time. I am worried for my boy. This way, we'll reach there in an instant."

Just as he was speaking, rocket jumped at the control panel and did the jump in an instant. The ship sped off. She used her arcane to protect the ship and everything inside it. She only did this with her disciples. She supposes they needed a little lesson.'

Their eyes, mouth and other parts of the body started bulging like balloons.

During those 700 jumps, just for a brief moment, she sensed something of incredible power. A being so strong that it could probably destroy her with but a single thought. The everlasting ones also sensed it from the looks of things.

"WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING, BOY!?"

"I could tell by how you talked about him this Ego is bad news! We're here to save Quill!"

"For what? Huh? For honor? For love?"

"No! I don't care about those things."

"I wanna save Quill so i can prove I'm better than him! I can lord this over him forever!"

She could easily tell that this was a lie, and it looks like Yondu can tell it too. She looked at her disciples. Thor and Loki were looking around like headless chickens while Wanda was holding onto her. The two dragons however, looked bored as they watched the chatter.

"What are you laughing at me for?" Rocket scowled.

"You can fool yourself and everyone else...but you can't fool me. I know who you are."

"You don't know anything about me, loser."

"I know everything about you."]

"I know you play like you're the meanest and the hardest, but actually you're the most scared of all."

"Shut up!"

"I know you steal batteries you don't need, and you push away anyone who's willing to put up with you, 'cause just a little bit of love reminds you of how big and empty that hole inside you actually is!"

"I said shut up!"

"I know them scientists that made you, never gave a rat's ass about you!" So, he was made, not born.

"I'M SERIOUS, DUDE!"

"JUST LIKE MY OWN DAMN PARENTS, WHO SOLD ME, THEIR OWN LITTLE BABY, INTO SLAVERY! I know who you are, boy...because you're me!"

"...what kind of a pair are we...?"

"the kind that's about to go fight a planet, I reckon."

"All right, okay! Good...wait...fight a what?"

The two continued bickering as the ship rapidly made its way to the living planet.

"Doth thou see this, Wanda?"

"Yes, teacher."

"Thou must always remember that even rocket, who came out of nowhere has years of his own history. Everybody is the main character of their own story. I do not like this but thou art someone who tends to go to the extreme.

Maybe, one day when thy loved one dies, thou might be influenced by Chaos. There is a reason thou art chosen by Chthon. Always remember that just as there are always people who have a better life than thee, there are also whose life art worse than that of thee.

Thou may not realize it but, thou art much more sensitive to emotions with thy magic."

"There!", shouted Yondu as they got onto the planet.

Rocket then said a few things with his friends and they got ready to get there using a pod.

"Wait, she's coming along?", asked rocket.

"I will, thou hast a problem with it?"

"No, the more the better.", he said as they closed the lid and flew off.