Chapter 118

It was during these wars that she discovered evidence of the arcane. She could not deem it sorcery earlier due to insufficient evidence. The Holy Blades took down their opponents as a disciplined army.

They encountered 'keepers of the old lords 'capable of repelling a strong surface dwelling intruder, but not an army. Keepers are Pthumerians, burned body and soul, destined to guard the 'Great Ones' for eternity.

The long, pointed hat is a symbol of the old keepers and is considered evidence of their companionship, forged in a certain sin. They were a communal based society; individual property does not appear to exist.

As the holy blades moved closer and closer into the heart of the Pthumerians, they were left with no choice but to surrender with their Queen Yharnam in chains.

But why did the Holy Blades accept surrender; why not kill every single last Pthumerian? The Holy Blades weren't after the physical wealth the Pthumerians possessed and they weren't after the extinction of their race.

Then what were they after? Was it to protect mankind from other humanoid enemies? Were the Pthumerians using humans as their source of food? Or are there some more complicated political factors?

No, these were answers far too noble for the likes of bloody Yharnam. The answer was pretty simple and plain. It was this answer that has started wars in every civilization.

It was greed. Greed for the Pthumerians themselves or rather, what ran in their veins. It was blood. They weren't interested in the Pthumerians for experimental purposes, for that you only need a few.

They weren't interested in slaves as they suffered horrific casualties of their own. They wanted their blood and for that they needed a lot more than just a few Pthumerians. They want them alive to keep pumping blood.

They would hang them upside down as blood rushed to their face. They would dangle them bounded and alive with their hearts still beating. And that was where the mark of the hunter came to be.

Their very mark represented torturing another sentient being and thus, they were already destined to never be innocent with their bloody past. The Holy Blades were the first hunters, they hunted Pthumerians and they drank the blood of their prey.

The Pthumerians, who unlocked the eldritch truth, were an enlightened race of humans – not blood drinkers. They were conquered by an unenlightened race of humans – blood drinkers.

And so, the once might race that served the very gods had fallen. The Great Ones did not respond to their plea or sufferings. And that was where these magnificent of Yharnam came from.

The mythical city of Yharnam, with its Grand Catherdral, beautiful town squares, fountains and gorgeous sculptures were built upon slave labour. The Holy Blades were the first hunters, they hunted Pthumerians and they drank the blood of their prey.

It is from them that the hunters mark originated. They were Yharmanites ancestors. They even named the city after the holy blood, the blood of the queen – Yharnam the queen of blood. Such ominous name.

And so, she came towards two very interesting term.

The Vilebloods and the Cainhurst castle where they dwelled.

In those memories, she saw golden statues of a Pthumerian female smiling. The exact statue can be found anywhere in the Cainhurst castle, the grounds and on the Queen's throne itself.

She is standing proudly amongst all the other statues of surface dwelling humans. Pthumerians and surface dwelling humans co existed in Cainhurst.

Vilebloods is the term used for humans born from a mixed race. They are simply people of Pthumerian and surface dweller human decent. A very racist, derogatory term signalling the dislike of humans for that race.

The Vilebloods were some of the most beautiful race she has ever seen. They were tall with their pale skin with no blemishes and hair that was white as snow. It is also evident they valued knowledge from their civilization.

They were also powerful beings. With the knowledge of the Pthumerians and the craftiness of the humans alongside their blood magic, their lineage was a power one.

The nobles of Cainhurst without a doubt held the highest position in the society. Some were even students of Brygenwerth, it seems.

The memories were suddenly cut off from there. She only knew about the history of the Pthumerians and nothing more afterwards. Maybe, the corpses did not have enough knowledge or maybe it was something else that cut it off.

She knew there were still a lot of information missing among these memories. It did not describe anything about the Healing Church, Brygenwerth or anything about the Vilebloods and Cainhurst.

Yet, she seems to hear a voice in her ears. It was telling her to go to the Astral Clocktower to seek more answers. Many of her answers will be answered there.

But, there was a problem. She did not even know what the Astral Clocktower was or where it is. There was nothing but bare land all around her. She had already burned down everything and is still trapped in a nightmare.

She looked down when she felt something tugging at her feet. She did not expect in any way to see him again. It was Morris. The faceless creature had somehow travelled through time and the nightmare to reach to her.

How he reach to her, she still have no idea. She knelt down and rub him on the ground for a while. Morris was the perfect thing to clear her mind when she just witnessed a series of bloody events.

Morris rolled around on the ground squealing in happiness. She smiled at this. Maybe she should have gotten a dog or a cat back on Earth. She slowly let him go. Morris tugged at the helms of her dress trying to get her to follow him.

She did. It was amusing to see him trying to walk as fast as he can with those small legs. She paid attention to the surroundings as she saw the change rapidly. She was walking through dreams where reality itself was unstable.

Morris appears to have the ability to travel anywhere he wishes to. He was a miraculous creature just as Yang Li told her. She walked like that for a few weeks before coming face to face with an enormous clock tower.

.

.

.

.

.

This is chapter 118.

Sorry for not updating yesterday as I forgot with the midterm exams coming up. Its midterm season for us right now.

This is a rushed job and I will continue updating them.