Chapter 81

[??? POV]

Ever since my old world ended, I saw ... truth. To 'them', we are but entertainment to be viewed upon. The cycle goes on and on. Over and over. Again, and again. Yet they never get bored of it.

'They' can be sympathetic yet so cruel. All I know is that we are nothing but mere source of entertainment to 'them'.

I could have painted a new world to get out of their control, yet they will just watch us in 'different' ways. The same version over and over.

There are no worlds that are not under their control. Make, break, fix, they are free to do whatever they want with no consequences. I cannot even imagine something they can't do.

Even as I am thinking right now, I am sure they can see it. Even then, it is still entertainment to them. Everything in our life, all struggles, all sorrows, all happiness, all sufferings, all achievements, everything is but a source of entertainment.

If they took a particular interest to one world, they start creating different versions of it. To try and fight against this, I could no longer paint a new world for that too will be a new source of entertainment. They will start creating multiple versions of it.

I had to narrow it down. I merged three worlds. I tried to add more worlds but that is the extent of my abilities. I found out about the outer ones. They were a good source of entertainment. We too were a good source of entertainment.

I was searching for more when I came upon this world. There are so many different versions of it to the point where it is almost impossible to find the original.

I will end their control over this 'new world'. I must end their source of entertainment. The 'story' must end for them to lose interest. And only then, will they move onto another source of entertainment.

We have no ways of fighting against them. Absolutely no ways of opposing them. I am not sure if my thoughts are even mine or just one of theirs as another source of entertainment, but this shall end with me. We shall be free once more.

But I am not absolutely helpless. I managed to drag smaller pieces of 'them' from the other side. It was pure luck 'they' did not held their memories. They shall all go mad eventually. It did not help me in any way, but it is a source of pleasure.
.
.
[Firekeeper POV]
.
She arrived straight on the surface of Nidavellir where her crew was surrounding Eitri. She realized that the weapon was already done. There were different time zones with Asgard and Nidvallir.

"Here you are, keeper. The weapons are already done.", he said as he brought out a box.

Everyone crowed around to look at Loki's personal weapon. Eitri opened the box and what she saw was bizarre to say. It was a weapon she has never seen.

It was just pieces of small blades. They were in green color that suited her disciple. There were no handles to the pieces of the blades. It was just multiple small blades and nothing else.

"What is this?", asked Loki.

"I know you would be confused. It is a special weapon I have had in my mind for a long time. It is a crafty weapon to wield. It is also powerful. It demands blood. Give it your blood.", said Eitri looking completely serious as Loki paled.

"My blood? Perhaps we can come to another arrangement." Everyone rolled their eyes at this.

"Come on, it's not that hard.", said Gamora as she drew her dagger and grabbed his hand.

"Ouch!", he screamed as blood felled from his palm.

"I did not know you were a coward Loki. It's just a little scratch."

"A little scratch? She could have cut my thumb or something ..."

"Shut up and look!", said Rocket as they all watched.

The tiny pieces of blades were flying towards Loki. It then floated around his hands in a circular motion like fish circling around a lake.

It did not stop for one moment as it circles around curiously. Loki then lifted his hands. The tiny blades follow his arms. He waved his arms. The blades would follow his commands.

It would have been a useless weapon for a normal person, but for one like Loki who likes to do things in the dark, it was perfect. A weapon befitting an assassin.

"I call it Kingsbane. The bane of kings for no king shall wield a weapon as cowardly as this. Forged from the soul of a corrupted king. There is a curse that any king who wields this weapon is destined to fail. But for those who are no kings, they will fit like chisel and a hammer."

A weapon for a man who can never become a king. Truly a perfect fit for Loki. She counted the tiny blades that were circling around Loki's hands. There were thirteen in total.

"So, this is mine.", said Loki as he looked at his weapon, entranced by its beauty. Loki should know how to control it so now, it was time for testing. What testing is there other than combat.

"Eitri, is there a place for us to spar?", she asked.

"Uhh, we do have it although people rarely use it."

"Anywhere is fine, my dear Eitri.", she said as she hugged Loki's arms.

'Teacher, what are you doing?"

"To ensure that thou shall not escape."

Saying that she dragged him to the place Eitri prepared. She took out her scythe and wave it around. She smashed it into the ground so hard it cracked. She then picked it back up and pointed it straight at Loki.

"To get use to thy weapon, thou shall experiment with it in combat. Attack me first or I shall come for thee."

He did as he was told. He went invisible immediately and so did his weapons. She could sense him but not his weapons as they were special.

She blocked right in front of her face as a blade shot towards her. Then another one from the back. Another one from the sides. It came one by one from everywhere. She blocked it all.

Just then, she sensed the blades multiply. At first there were 13. Now, there were 130 blades flying in a circular motion all flying straight at her. It was unblockable using the burial blade. Moreover, these were not mere illusions. Each one was a physical blade.

She turned her back to the arcane as a pillar of fire rose around her. Mere flames would not be able to block her disciple's blade. After all, it was HER disciple. She do not have enough time to block them all perfectly.

So, what she did was she thicken some areas to cause the blades at that part to slow down. She then slashed between the gaps and rush out of the storm of blades. Tendrils of flames then rose of her sleeves and they grabbed onto something invisible.

It was Loki. He was hiding using his blades all along while hiding himself. It did not work on her but it would work against many other opponents.

"I accept my defeat." He spoke in a gesture of surrender.

She gently put him down as she stroked his cheeks. He looked confused at this.

"Uhh what are you doing, teacher?"

"I know I can never replace the lady that is thy mother but I wish for thee to show thy happiness more outwardly."

She could easily sense the fact that he was filled with pride at being praised. But, he did not show it at all. Whether it be positive or negative, holding too much of them by yourself is never a good thing. They should be let out.

"I will try.", he just scratched his head awkwardly. She smiled at this. She then looked at Quill.

"Quill, has thou been to thy homeland after all this time?"

"No, why would you ask?"

"Because that is our next destination."