Chapter 136

Wanda did not come straight for her. Smart girl. That was probably the worst decision she could have made. To come for her when she resembles a mage with a fragile disposition. She was glad her disciple was not an incompetent person.

Her surroundings started to glow red as they begun their change. Ah ... very smart girl. Very smart indeed. Not even Chthon could use his powers directly on her, much less his chosen vessel. So, she resorted to changing her surroundings instead.

She could not interfere with her own surroundings since they were not part of her. And by now, she has given up on trying to monitor Chthon. She knew he would not interfere. He wishes to see them kill each other with glee.

She looked at him as he watched with insanity brimming in his eyes. Eyes gleaming with joy at this 'offering'. Why would he not kill her yet? Why continue watching when he could have joined hands with Wanda to kill her? He wanted something else.

"What dost thou want, Chthon?", she gazed upon the demon as her surroundings got darker and darker. Shadows fall upon her as more and more of her slips into the darkness.

"I already got it, my dear keeper. You and I are not so different after all. A pity we just happen to be on opposite sides."

"Similar? I beg to differ.", she replied to the voice of the demon.

"Look at you pretending to be someone you are not. Pretending to be a saint when you are far far worse. Not even hesitating before deciding to kill your own disciple with bare hands."

"I was doing what is necessary. I do not condone killing but if I can save a timeline by killing a life, I would not hesitate to do so."

"Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about! Do you not see this keeper? Both you and I are beings that would do what we deem necessary!", he said as he spread his arms out.

"Not even I can decide the future of this twisted world. This abomination that was never supposed to exist. Combining three worlds that has nothing to do with each other? Ridiculous!"

So, even Chthon knows something. Makes sense due to the fact that he is in the future. She hated the fact that she still remains ignorant of the affairs that is going on. Usually, it was her providing people with information. Not the other way around.

"Oh, you can't stand it, can you? It's normal for the keeper of the first flame to have this amount of pride. Don't you worry, my dear keeper. I am merely doing what is supposed to happen. Now, go ahead. Show me something I have never forget."

'Have never forget?', she pondered his words. Was she creating a new future or is she repeating the same past? Time travel... is this something that was meant to happen or is this something that happened due to it. Far too complicated.

"I have seen your past and can foretell your future. No worries, keeper. Before this universe was formed, there was nothing but Chaos. And in the end of time, it will become nothing but Chaos.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Starts with fire and ends with fire. Starts with chaos and ends with it.

We will always meet again so go ahead and do what you were always meant to do."

Chthon declared as darkness has now completely taken over her entire body. Nothing was left visible under the reality altered by her disciple. Several rods came at her all aiming for the vital parts of her body.

The first flame was a direct counter to the chaos that Wanda wields. Altering reality is strong but it does not work on anyone stronger. Thus, she can only use mundane ways of the arcane. Runes that she hold knowledge, powers that alter reality, most were pretty much useless here.

Only the most primitive form of magic is available for use. She liked the fact that all the rods were meant for a killing blow. She blew them all away with a surge of fire. She stepped straight at her disciple and made a front kick to her stomach. It went through all the way before she disintegrated.

A clone meant for tricking her. Two giant metal braces closed in around her in a similar fashion to a bear trap. It worked causing her to stop for a brief moment but it was enough for her disciple to come up with ways to kill her.

Red walls starting surrounding her in a similar fashion to looms. It was flickering and glitching like an old television. Reality was getting twisted and distorted all around her as it attempts to kill her. Reality itself was trying to kill her.

Water stated rising from below as she stood as a giant eye opens up in the sky as it stared straight at her. She did not know why it was there but the eye did not belong to anyone or anything she knew. But, it was old and remnants of ancient magic floats around it.

So, she assumes it was something forgotten in time that was called forth by her disciple. In the corner of her eyes, she saw 'nothing' tearing off like paper stuck on the wall. Again, this was reality. Her disciple was peeling reality like a skin off a potato.

The torn piece fall over her head. It was heavy. Far heavier than anything she thought possible. The weight of reality is unbearable by many and she was starting to sink. She noticed it was not water as she starts sinking in it.

It smelt of blood but was denser than that. It felt like oil or mud judging by how dense it was. But the smell threw her off. She could only assume it to be a dense liquid that smelt of blood. Her disciple was trying to seal her in this knowing it is far too hard to kill her. How could she let this happen.

She tried to move her leg but it was impossible due to the liquid. Fire flared around her but it was not yet ready to burn through fabrics of reality. Lighting flared around her yet it did nothing. She could not called upon the death for they are outside of this domain.

Facing her disciple was starting to become more troublesome than she thought.

.

.

.

.

.

This is chapter 136.

Sorry for the long disappearance. My finals are coming up.