Chapter 3

"No pyromancers? Truly, pyromancers do not exist here?", this sends the firekeeper into a confusion. She could clearly see that this strange land was more advanced in terms of crafts but to not have ever heard of pyromancers? It was far too strange for her tastes.

"Nope, there are pyromancers, but they only exist in children's stories.".

"Children stories? What of wizards, dragons, undead or knights?", she asked as a small amount of despair cracked through her voice.

"Knights do exist, but the others are simply stories as well.", Nat replied as she was starting to get confused on why she looked hurt.

'Children stories', the firekeeper thought to herself. The sufferings of various lords of cinder, the corruption of the abyss, the tragedy of the common folk, the madness that permeated the very souls of countless beings were but mere stories here.

She felt a pang of pain in her heart. There was not a single being who didn't suffer in her lands. Even a legendary king like Gwyn was known as history and never a mere story or legend.

A world has ended only to end up as mere stories told to children. Her shoulders felt heavy as she realized the history of her world is now only known to her.

Mighty beings who had done great things, legendary lords who sacrificed themselves, even common soldiers who fought in battles untold were now all but dust in the mere history of time.

'Wait', she thought to herself. The world was supposed to end, but why are there other people. She immediately grabbed Nat's hand to confirm that she existed. Nat flinched but did not take her hand back.

"I implore thee to allow me to leave and see the surrounding areas.", she requested as she felt the warm flesh of a living being.

"I'll try to ask if you can, but you should rest for now.", she replied as she left in the same fashion as she came in. As she left, she prayed in all ways she can for them for them to reunite with the gods they worshipped after death.

She prayed for them in the Way of the White.

She prayed for them in the Faiths of Gwyn's Children.

She prayed for them in the Faiths of the Dark Soul.

She prayed for them in the Faiths of Chaos.

She prayed for them in the Faiths of Dragons.

She prayed for them in all Miscellaneous Faiths she knew.

She prayed for them in all Henotheistic Faith she knew.

She prayed for them in all Cultists religion she knew.

Some religions tend to be more extreme than others while some are outright demonic, but she prayed for all beings to find peace in their death no matter what they might be during their short durations of being alive.

Being a firekeeper meant that she was immortal too although she has never been resurrected. She was supposed to died alongside the world but here she was, still alive. All she could do for those deceased souls was pray and she will pray for them as long as she lives.

[Nick Fury POV]

"How is it?", he asked as the female agent known as Black widow entered his office.

"Not much, but it's clear that she is not from around here. She seemed surprised when dragons don't exist. But based on what she's asking me, I think it has lower tech with magic as a substitute. And she changed her clothes too. Don't know how though.".

"What did her clothes look like?", asked Fury.

"Old, but you could have set up cameras.".

"We do not know her capabilities.", Fury retorted immediately.

"I will not risk angering some random alien. The last alien spat wiped out a town from New Mexico.".

The both of them went silent at this. Fury then thought about how to reveal her true character. If she is deemed fit, she will join his group of "Avengers". He hadn't founded it yet, but he will include her in the 'waiting list'.

More and more strange things have been happening after Tony Stark got kidnapped. Random superpowers have been appearing almost everywhere.

There is almost no 'superhero' like Tony Stark who relied solely on his brains and assets. However, if she proved to be threat, she must be terminated by all means necessary.

Her mere appearance caused a military base to shut down. No one knows what might happen if she released all of it. She seems harmless right now, but no one can tell the future.

[Ancient One POV]

She has been checking constantly for threats from all over the multiverse when she noticed a shard of fire arrived by her protected area, Earth. She prepared to banish it, but it communicated with her in some form she couldn't quite recognize.

But she got enough information from it. It was a 'refugee' and would die down if it had to go any further.

The flame materialized itself in the form of a girl. She watched from her mirror dimension and left after confirming that it was no threat and had pure intentions. Powerful beings from outside other multiverses knew rarely to lie.

Not because they were honest but because they were powerful enough not to do so since they were born. There were some exceptions like Mesphisto but he was a devil and this, however, was a pure soul.

A very powerful soul that contains the ashes of a burnt-out world. The flame appeared to materialize itself in the form of its keeper.

She would have continued to watch it but there were other actual threats waiting for her to solve. She sighed thinking about the time she will take in her new successor.