Chapter 132

Her blade that never fails to rise against any foe before refused to aim it at her. Wanda Maximoff, her youngest and most beloved disciple. It is not that she did not love her other disciples but Wanda was her most beloved.

She is someone who needs her constant attention and care. Both Thor and Loki are already 'adults' despite not acting like it. After all, they are both over a thousand years old.

They have already found their style and has little need for her training other than increase in power and mental capabilities. Their futures has already been decided.

Wanda on the other hand, needed her constant attention and care simply due to the volatility of her power. Chthon would not let go of any opportunities to possess the little girl. So, her constant attention towards her eventually turned to adoration for the girl.

From what she can see, Wanda had no irises in her eyes clearly indicating that her disciple is no longer there. It is for Chthon to control as he pleases. Even knowing that, her blade has never felt so heavy in her hands.

For her to win this competition, the souls of her opponents must be transported into the kingdom of death. Meaning, she will have to kill her disciple with her own hands. Her brain formed rapid thoughts to avoid this.

"How is it? Happy?", asked the demon in a mocking tone. His voice dripping with malice and sarcasm.

She gripped her scythe so tight her hands felt numb yet she did not let go of it one bit. She simply stared at the demon gloating while flying in the sky. Chthon smiled even more seeing veins becoming more visible on her forehead.

"O Keeper of the First Flame. I can understand your anger and recognizes it. After all, this is not the first time, is it? Wait, you still have yet to experience it in your time. No matter, don't worry. You shall experience it soon."

She did not know what he was talking about and she did not care. Right now, every single cell that made her up was screaming, demanding that she kills him. They were screaming at her to obliterate him.

The sky itself turned crimson as flames dance around. The ground cracked as screams from the victims of the first flame leaked through her soul. Boiling lava and magma occasionally sprouts out from these cracks.

Sulphuric smell starts to fill the entire arena as the whole place becomes inhabitable for mortals. She would not merely sent Chthon to the kingdom of death. She would make him her source of fuel. An immortal, perfect for burning eternally.

"Oh it reminds me of old times! Not bad, not bad at all. But did you forget? I am no mortal!", he exclaimed while still flying above but Wanda had started to move. Chaos energy danced across her finger tips beings of the other planes were summoned into existance.

The denizens of hell, beings with no soul causing them to long for more. That was a bit weird. She noticed that even demons look different but it also made sense when she thought about once again. Demons are beings manifested by the emotions of the universe itself.

There were around four types of demons she could distinguish each more disgusting than the last. Pure heresy runs rampart here in this arena.

She looked at her nonexistent hand as she healed them back. That is why she was so unconcerned over the loss of one of her hand. She could always heal them back. With the new hand, she summoned her old severed arm and the stick she threw away.

She first summoned a giant flame snake that wrapped itself around her vigilant for any threats. It was a forbidden sorcery of the Abyss invented by the warriors of Carthus. Giving life to something with no life is clearly taboo in Lordran.

Unlike the warriors of Carthus however, the snake she summoned was extremely realistic with scales visible. But it was clear that it was constructed of magma due to it dripping down from everywhere from its body.

With the stick, she stabbed it down towards the ground she stood on. Whit her still standing, it formed a huge crack right at her feet that extends in all directions like roots of a tree. After that, she held her own severed arm above the crack as she recited something.

She has used the powers of the witch of Izalith as mostly reflected in her flames. She has used Gwyn's lightning bolts that brought down the everlasting dragons. She has also used the dark of the Furitive Pygmy to some extent. There was only one left. The dead of Nito.

"Come out, o undead of Lordran. Accept this sacrifice and I shall present thee more alongside a moment's joy of battle. Fulfill thy duties to humanity and have a taste of the first flames."

Her hands turned into a dark sticky liquid matter as it fell down the cracks in the ground. It was a piece of soul used to entice the undead. They would rush out like bugs smelling honey. A blood sacrifice if you will.

The demons of course, did not stood still to watch. They were already rushing over at her but could not get close. The giant snake rampaged all around her as it protects her against anything it can. This included a few angry blasts from both Wanda and Chthon.

It would not have last this long if it weren't for her personally healing and empowering it whilst completing the ritual to call forth to death to her aid. Her empowering only became stronger as she finished the ritual.

'Plop', a sound that disturbed the battle causing everyone to stare at the source.

They were met with a skeleton dripping with blood crawling out of the crack. Another sound, this time another skeleton with flesh still hanging. Another plop this time a clear corpse already being eaten by maggots with rotting flesh still hanging.

A sound after another from all directions as the death starts their ascend to plane of the living. She knew Death would not like this as they were out of its authority but she could care less. These souls from her lands were her responsibility.

The demons reacted quick and started stomping down on what seems like brittle skeletons but these were the first undead to reach the surface from the world of the death. How could they be weak? A huge fight erupted between the demons and the damned.

It was anything but glorious as intestines and organs flew around. Both bones and blood flowed like river. Everyone's attention was on the battle with the exception of two beings. Chthon and the fire keeper stared at each other as their desire to kill each other only rose.

.

.

.

.

.

This is chapter 132.

I took inspiration from Yamamoto from Bleach as he is one of the best fire users.

Tell me what y'all think.