Chapter 133

Chthon did not move from the sky as he stared at her. He presented nothing other than that mocking smile on his face. Her disciple rampaged amongst the undead that she had summoned although it did very little to diminish the sheer numbers.

"What? Want me to come down?", he asked.

Despite all the sound that comes out from around them, his voice was loud and clear. She head it well enough. She summoned her lightning spear as it made no sense to conserve power at this moment.

"No, stay there. I shall come for thee.", she replied as she teleported right above him.

With lighting bursting forth from her spear, she thrusted it right below her. Chthon merely avoided the spear. It was obvious that this would never hurt the demon at all. Also, she was aiming for the area below Chthon.

The spear hit the ground as lightning. Tendrils of pure lighting extended through it forming what was essentially a cage. It was a spherical shape ensuring that Chthon would not escape from her. It also rendered her teleportation useless. But, it was worth it.

She did not take out her scythe or use her 'magic' as Chthon calls it. It would have been useless. This is not the first time she has faced Chthon before. All 'natural' magic is useless before him meaning magic native to this world is completely harmless.

He also have the ability to sense 'unnatural magic' allowing him to dodge anything she throws at him. The best way to battle him was easily using hands. She created a foothold in the air and rushed towards him.

The demon still did not dodge or attempt to make a move. His smile still on his face. She did not know what he was attempting to do but she did not stop. Raising her foot, she brought down upon the demon.

A blur of red flashed through her eyes and she stopped her advance immediately. Wanda was there right between her foot and Chthon. She knew her kick would kill her disciple immediately and it won't be a pretty sight to watch.

Her disciple raised her hands as red energy flare around it. She was attempting to change reality but it is impossible to do so in the presence of a firekeeper. A fire keeper keeps a place safe from all harm. It protects reality, time or space from being tempered in their domain.

And that is also why every champion in Lordran had their firekeeper to return after their painful deaths and long quests. The firekeeper keeps them safe and impervious from all harm in their area. And right now, the lighting cage was her domain.

She pulled back and looked outside and saw that Wanda was no longer there. She was never there in the first place. It was simply an illusion created by Chthon. The demon still did not make a move and continued watching with a sadistic glee.

Joy. he was getting joy out of this. A master and her disciple killing each other. She was already well aware that killing Wanda was unavoidable but she still did not want to flatten her like a pancake with her insides spilling all over. It shall be a 'clean' death.

Perhaps he thought she would have been trembling at the thoughts of killing her own disciple. True, she did not feel good at all in anyway but she was not one to shine away from doing necessary things. That does not mean that she likes him using her disciple as a shield.

The only reason she even withdrew her foot was out of respect for her own disciple. Even if she must die, she should not go over to the kingdom of death by getting cleaved on half by her teacher's foot.

She would deal with Chthon later. Now, she shall deal with her disciple first. Wanda would be a great nuisance in her battle with Chthon. Also, she was clearly weaker than her controller. Dealing with the weak ones first has always been an optimal strategy.

But, she couldn't make it too obvious. She went straight for Chthon once again without hiding her intentions of killing him. If anything, she flared it around, clearly telling the demon that she was dead set on killing him.

She made a gesture resembling a dragon's claw and went straight at him as if she wanted to rip his heart and drink his blood. The lord of Chaos only flared his powers back in return. He did not say anything but even an animal will get what he is trying to do.

He was clearly trying to challenge her. Similar behaviour can be observed in many animals when they try to appear bigger and flex their powers. This has gone beyond talking it like civilized beings. It has become a primitive battle for killing and nothing more.

Killing for the sake of killing.

She could only respond in kind. With small flames dancing between the tips of her finger to boost herself. Wanda appeared right in front of her with her eyes regaining clarity. Her body could not be said otherwise.

The demon had allowed Wanda to come back to her senses. But her body still wan't under her control from the looks of it. This complicate things.

"Teacher!", she called out.

Her eyes panicking by looking all around her. Perhaps it is not the best thing to say but, this .... disappoints her. She could understand the panic but she could see the fear in her eyes. This was not the Wanda of her time. She was supposed to be more mature.

She could understand if this was the Wanda from her own time but this one was already a full-grown adult. She should have taught her better.

"He he he... What will you do now? Show me, keeper! Will you kill your own disciple? Or will you cower before her? Show me the keeper I know!", Chthon declared.

"Wanda ... my dear disciple.", she ignored Chthon's taunts and calls for her disciple.

Her disciple's panic eyes look all around before settling at her. It turned into reassurance as she saw her but this quickly turned into despair. She did not wish to do this but only the death of her disciple can move things forward.

"Brace thyself.", she reminded her a final time before jumping into action.

The demon merely smile at this occurring right in front of his eyes.

.

.

.

.

.

This is chapter 133.

Bet you didn't think this would happen. Tell me what you all think about this.