Chapter 138

She had been careless. There was no other explanation. It wasn't that her disciple decided to strike like this using tricks. No, no, she did not mind tricks or any other 'despicable' methods. It was of no concern to her.

After all, she should have been careful from the start. She had been acting like an inexperienced novice letting her guard down and getting too full of herself. She was acting ... arrogant. How unbecoming of a fire keeper to act arrogant.

Has she forgotten her origin after gaining power? Has she grown complacent thinking herself above others after becoming something more powerful?

The blow reminded herself once again that she was but a useless little girl who had her eyes pulled out. It was the Ashen One that made all these possible. Has she grown too detached? Was she becoming a god? Like Gwyn? She needs to be humbled.

She did not even realize it herself just how much more prideful and arrogant she had become over the years. She was sure her past self would be looking at her with disappointment. She has grown in power but has receded in the mind.

'Pathetic...', she thought to herself.

To doubt herself just because she got hit by one blow? It was unprecedented. This was probably the worst injury she has ever received since coming into this world. Not just because of her intestines were about to fly off.

It was also because this injury was caused by her own disciple. It was not one's fault but hers. To be careless and ignore the fact that her opponent has yet to surrender to perish and arrogantly went in as if she was already victorious. This behaviour was vain for her or anyone.

Wanda did not follow up after that blow at all. Instead, she moved away from under her and got back up with a flip while she was left clutching her wound. Despite her physical features being only as good as an average human, it seems she was far more capable with it.

She pressed one finger to her nose and breathed out loud as blood came out of it like a clot. No, she had already enchanted her own body to not die in an instant. She took all her hits as a bluff for this moment. Truly a bold bluff.

"So ... even you are not untouchable, my dear teacher.", her disciple said as she gathered energy in her hands no doubt to finish her off.

She seemed to be taking her sweet time to finish her off instead of just getting it over with. She stood up despite the fact that her insides were held together only by her hand. Blood still flow freely from it with the wound unable to heal in a short time.

Ignoring the girl in front of her, she raised one hand and created a cloth made of fire. It resembled a bandage with the exception of it being piping hot and glowing. Bringing it down on her wound, she wrapped it around the slash tightly as if nothing ever happened.

'It needs some moisture.', she thought to herself. In fact, she should have done it at the beginning but she did not envisioned being cut open in the stomach. It was better late than never.

Picking up the liquid that Wanda created with her open hands, she splashed it above herself allowing to come down on her like rain. It wasn't a short action that occurred in an instant. It was not something that went by really fast.

It was done at a pace in which a normal person would have done. There were no tricks and she did not even attempt to make a move. Wanda also did not for some reason. Probably because she feared it to be another trick or a bluff that she could be caught up in.

It was fair and reasonable to be afraid of the unknown. Imagine cutting a person only for that person to stand up and start wrapping bandages without saying a word while completing ignoring you. She was certain her disciple has yet to seen it.

Of course, this could not be compared with the man Alduin told her about. At least she did not swallow over a dozen cartwheels of cheese to heal herself. Still, that was not a normal sight to see. But, it was here that Wanda lost her last chance.

"I have gotten prideful and bolder ... ", she started the conversation.

"But my dear disciple, have thou gotten more timid? Might thee be afraid of this wounded woman with no guard? Indeed, it was a wise choice to stare and watch me bandage myself. Do not worry for this is completely normal when facing the likes of me."

She still did not make a move as she walked over to her scythe and picked it up normally. At this moment, in the eyes of Wanda, every move she made seems as if it were made to kill her. Nothing but her exists at this moment.

Not the blood splattered around, not the shattered reality, not the borders of chaos and not even Chthon was on her mind at his moment. She watched as the woman she called teacher doing casual feats yet it kept taunting her as it her teacher wanted to make her the first move.

"Thou wield reality itself. A boring power but undoubtedly one of the greatest ones. Still straightforward and simple despite its complex nature. One of the six great powers alongside power, time, space, mind and soul yet thou refused to move when I did.

Art thou restraint thyself due to the overwhelming power thou wields?

Or is it simply because thou art weaker than this little old me?

WHAT IS IT?!", she screamed out the last words bringing Wanda out of her stupor.

The dancing lights in the eyes of her disciple died down as she stare at her approaching her in simple steps. Her eyes revealing hatred only now. She knew that her teacher was looking down on her, mocking her.

"You demand an answer ... ", she only said this before letting loose chaos energy from her hands.

It seemed like a simple beam of power yet it could not be more different. Even back when she was but a child, this was more than enough to destroy an infinity stone. Now that she has bloomed to her full potential, it would only be more powerful.

Despite this, she walked forward confidently with not an intent to dodge.

.

.

.

.

.

This is chapter 138.

Hope it is good but tell me what you think of it anyway.