Valt Aoi: The Battle for the...

By --DevolosBlader--

THIS IS BOOK 3 so please go read book 1 and 2 first so you're not confused! After the events of Book 2, Fubuk... More

Ep 1: Remembrance
Ep 2: Campfire Tales part 1
Ep 3: Campfire Tales part 2
Ep 4: The Airport
Ep 5: The Homecoming
Ep 6: The Comeback
Ep 7: The Chase part 1
Ep 8: The Bakery
Ep 9: The Chase part 2
Ep 10: The Shadow
Ep 11: The Chase part 3
Ep 12: Hide and Peak part 1
Ep 13: Hide and Peak part 2
Ep 14: The Speech
Ep 15: The Spy?! Part 1
Ep 16: The Spy?! Part 2
Ep 17: The Mole within the Mole
Ep 18: The Gift
Ep 19: The Project
Ep 20: Part 2
Ep 21: The Road Trip
Ep 22: Settling at the Inn
Ep 23: Old Rivals
Ep 24: Old Rivals part 2
Ep 25: Phoenix's Trap
Ep 26: The Cliffhanger
Ep 27: Curtains Rise! The Tournament!
Ep 28: The First Day!
Ep 29: The Phantom Meanace
Ep 30: The Talk
Ep 31: Phobia Doomscizor
Ep 32: Phobia Doomscizor part 2
Ep 33: Challenges
Ep 34: The Mysterious Emerald Eye
Ep 35: The Copycat part 1
Ep 36: The Copycat part 2
Ep 37: Battle of the Stars
Ep 38: Phoenix or Phi?
Ep 40: The Basement Part 2
Ep 41: The Basement part 3
Ep 42: The Basement part 4
Ep 43: The Assembly
Ep 44: The Shadow Phoenix
Ep 45: The Rematch
Ep 46: The True Lord of Lies
Ep 47: Learning from a Legend
Ep 48: Hyde vs Phi
Ep 49: The Winter Knight! Free vs Lui
Ep 50: The Reveal
Ep 51: Alone Together
Ep 52: The Fall and The Rise part 1
Ep 53: The Fall and The Rise part 2
Ep 54: The True Villain
Ep 55: The Darkest Dawn
Ep 56: The Party

Ep 39: The Basement

433 19 12
By --DevolosBlader--

One will make a fatal mistake...Fubuki or Free (Free for going into the Snake Pit in book 1 or Fubuki for trusting Valerie)

One will make a sacrifice...Fubuki (for staying behind in book 2)

One shall betray...

One must choose sides...

One shall fall...

And one villain will rise above the others....

******

This chapter/ parts I've been looking foreword to for a very long time and it's one of my favorites out everything in this book and the other books but anyways hope you guys enjoy...

After getting back to the hotel everyone split off to go do their own thing. After relaxing by himself for a while Valt decided to finally go downstairs and see where everyone was at with the party.

Shu, a while back had already left to help Sasha set up the decorations meanwhile Valt had been relaxing upstairs because Sasha had mentioned she had a surprise.

So sitting upstairs, laying on the hotel's bed Valt had been wondering what the surprise was for at least an hour. Like everyone else he was expected to be at the party but he knew they probably wouldn't mind if he showed up a little early...

Hopping off the bed Valt turned off the TV and closed the curtains. Going to the end of the hallway Valt looked out the window, the sky was beginning to get dark with the sun painting beautiful colors in the sky.

Right as he grabbed his key card something caught his eye. Valtryek was lying on the nightstand sparkling in the light. Grabbing his bey and key card Valt closed the door behind him.

The hotel was quiet this time of night and with not many people around it only made it feel even more eerie.

As Valt walked across the hallway toward the pool room peeking inside, the large room had people in the pool and a large table full of snacks. Most of BC Sol was in the room either swimming or just talking.

Valt also noticed Lui was there too leaning against the wall acting like he was too cool to dance.

Meanwhile in the center, Sasha and Honey were dancing.

Smiling at the sight of his friends Valt was about to walk in when he realized he forgot his swim trunks. Turning back around Valt sprinted back down the hallway towards his room.

But just as he was about to go in his room, he noticed that the basement door was open. Closing his door he slowly approached the door.

Usually the corrupted bladers left the door closed or sometimes even locked but the way it was cracked a little slowly moving gave Valt chills.

Ignoring the small window into the pool room Valt passed it getting closer to the door.

As he turned the handle he cracked the door open a little bit more and to his surprise it wasn't locked. It opened just a little bit more leading downstairs to a dark staircase.

But something stopped him.

This is just what Theodore wants...

Letting go of the door handle Valt looked back at the window.

I could just go back and make up a lame excuse about being late...or...

Valt turned back at the door.

He knew it was stupid to go down there, even going alone was risky enough. But he knew this was his chance, he could end everything now while still protecting his friends.

It was his fault he didn't deal with Theodore last year and it was his fault he didn't confront Phi after he destroyed Fafnir.

Looking back at the pool window, Valt went downstairs into the dark basement.

With each step Valt wanted to turn back but something drew him in.

These are my friends! Why should I be afraid of them?

As Valt was about to open the door, when the one behind him slammed shut startling him a little.

Turning back to the door Valt cracked it open, it led into a dark room that was overlooking a single lit stadium in the middle.

On the other side of the room was the catwalk Valt remembered Lui describing.

Sticking to the shadows Valt made his way closer to the railing separating the first and second floor. Below a single blader stood launching into the stadium but Valt could barely see who it was.

Valt quickly ran behind one of the pillars and peeked out, leaning against the pillar Valt tried to conceal his breathing.

Looking back down the figure, it was now recognizable as Free. His mask was off on the ground next to his feet but his back was to Valt.

Just as Valt was about to call out Free whipped his head around at Valt. Valt quickly scrambled to get back to the pillar.

After standing there for a minute the launching continued.

Valt let out a small sigh of relief as he quickly ran to the next pillar and the one after that. But as he was sneaking around his pocket started glowing causing him to pause in his sneaking.

Leaning against one of the pillars he pulled Valtryek out of his pocket and looked down.

Something's not right here...

Looking around Valt noticed that it was kind of strange that nobody else was around at this time of night but Free was his main concern. Putting Valtryek back in his pocket Valtryek's warning screamed in his mind.

Pushing the thoughts out of his head Valt continued sneaking behind the pillars.

By now Valt was on the other side of the room right next to the other entrance and the staircase leading down the first floor.

Last chance, I can easily go back upstairs and go back to the party or...

Valt turned back to Free and nodded his head.

The closer he got to the bottom the more uncertain he felt.

"Free."

The launching stopped and Free turned around to look at Valt. His eyes were glowing faintly golden but other than the emotionless look in his eyes it was still Free.

"Where's everyone else, all the other corrupted bladers?"

Free said nothing, only staring right into his eyes.

Valt should've been happy, he should've been bursting into tears and hugging Free and escaping this place together.

But Valtryek was screaming in his mind: This is all wrong!

"What are you doing down here alone and where's Theodore?"

Again Free only said nothing looking at Valt.

Valt studied Free while pacing around him.

Valt took a step forward but as he was about to take another something made him stop.

This almost seems too easy...

Valt turned away looking into the shadows thinking, every part of him desperately wanted to release him and take him away from this horrible place. Valt had sacrificed many sleepless nights, friendships and time just so he could free his friends.

And yet it was all wrong.

"Free are you there or is this Phi?"

At the mention of Phi, Free tilted his head looking back at Valt. His resonance began to take form. But there was something else.

Instead of Fafnir, a large Phoenix made out of pure energy stood floating behind Free, it looked more ghostly than anything but the most solid thing were its eyes. So full of ancient anger and hatred.

Valt widened his eyes backing away from Free.

"What did you do with him!"

"Perhaps maybe I can answer your questions Valt."

The infamous Theodore glass stepped out of the shadows wearing a smirk while adjusting his collar and cuffs.

Looking back at Free, Valt reluctantly followed Theodore into the shadows of the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 934 30
Valt Aoi X Reader After losing to Aiger, Valt journeys back to Spain and becomes a mentor for new BC Sol members After some time off, a certain girl...
7.9K 177 44
"At the heart of every legend, there is truth." Two years have past since the International Bladers cup where Sora became world champion. All was goi...
11.3K 446 34
(Completed) Book 2: Fubuki's Tournament Trip Ever since the events of Book 1 things have calmed down quite a bit. But bladers are still missing. With...
3.5K 154 15
After Aiger broke Valtryek valt was determined to get his title back and defeat his opponents,after this fight some of the others were a little bit h...