Vampire Knight (Kaname Kuran...

By myrakkuran

Her mother Reira Hanadagi was the youngest daughter of the Hanadagi pureblood clan. She was given to Rido Kur... More

Prologue- Her Birth
Life with the Kuran Family
Chapter 3 Life in the Shiki Household
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Kaname's perspective)
Chapter 8
Special Chapter 7.5
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 37

1K 45 26
By myrakkuran

Aiyora came up behind Senri and threw her arms around pulling him tightly to her. The plan was to bury her face at the crook of his neck but due to difference in height that prospect remained unfulfilled. However, that doesn't mean she couldn't just hold him while letting her face rest anywhere behind his back.

It's been almost a week since Kaname made the last minute announcement before the switchover where he declared appointing Senri as Aiyora's personal guard. Like most people in that meeting, Aiyora herself received quite the shock. She never expected a move like that from her older brother. Nevertheless she was happy— thinking all trouble is finally coming to end. Starting from now they'll be closer than ever.

Sadly her naive mind failed to understand back then, that the real problem actually lay elsewhere...

"Ri-chan..." she called him happily.

"Why are you whispering when we're the only two individuals in the kitchen."

Aiyora pouted and crunched her brows at how cold he sounded. This wasn't her usual Ri-chan. However, since becoming her bodyguard he hasn't been any better.

"Rude!" She commented crudely after releasing him and walking towards the direction of the refrigerator.

"I'm making grilled cheese sandwich... you want some?"

"...Sure."

Leaning back against the counter Senri quietly watched Aiyora take out all the ingredients from inside the fridge. She was humming a soft tune to herself and slightly swaying those small hips to its own rhythm. Everything about her still appeared... so innocent. It made her look like a child who's isn't capable of doing any of those vile acts that Kaname has mentioned.

Senri gave his head a vigorous shake. No! He didn't want to think about it. But it was easier said than done. He could not bring himself to stop thinking about it. His mind conflicted with his heart. Causing his head to get thrown into a spiderweb.

"I couldn't decide between cheddar or mozzarella. So I'll be using both." Aiyora returned to his side with both the cheese and a loaf of bread.

She gathered all the ingredients to one place. When she finally start to prepare the sandwich, Senri brought up the topic he has been wanting to discuss for a while now. But did so very cautiously.

"You know people are wondering why your engagement broke." He threw in the words to taste the water. Keeping a watchful eye on her reaction. But to his utter dismay, she appeared least bothered. Acting as if the sandwich she is making is more important than their topic of discussion.

No reaction from Aiyora's side prompted Senri to push her for more.

"They're having hard time digesting it. And to be completely honest I am also on the same boat."

For a moment Aiyora paused in action. It only lasted a mere second before she went back to slicing the cheddar cheese.

"What could have gone wrong? He looked so much in love. Some would argue he was crazy about you—"

"That's the thing Ri-chan! I'd prefer to be with a normal person not someone crazy. Doesn't matter how much he loves me. For all you know relationship with crazy's could be very risky." She muttered the last part putting a tiny block of mozzarella into her mouth.

"You're right they could be dangerous. Dangerous enough to relentlessly rape you." The word 'rape' was emphasized. And in seconds Senri got the reaction he was so eagerly waiting for.

Aiyora choked!

Rushing over to the sink she coughed convulsively till whatever she put into the mouth came out. The blood inside her veins ran cold, along with her feet and palms. Clearly she hadn't been prepared for this.

Out of everything why did Ri-chan mention that specific term? Could Takuma-nii have told him? Would he though...?

"Ai-chan! Are you alright?" Senri too rushed to her side and slowly slapped her back till she regained her composure.

"...No! My snack went down the wrong pipe. Thanks to you." Aiyora snapped.

He poured her a glass of water. Aiyora accepted, thanking him softly. It was after she was done draining the glass that he gathered her into his arms and gently rubbed her back.

The sandwich she was making, now sat on the counter top... left forgotten.

By far this was the most awkward embrace the half-siblings shared. Although they were tightly locked into each other's arms, it did nothing to change the fact that there was an invisible wall standing between them, which was successfully pushing them farther apart mentally.

*************************************************

Over the passing days Aiyora made quite a few attempts to get close to the Shiki heir. But it was all in vein.

It wasn't like he was disobeying her. As a matter of fact he was following her command word by word. However, somewhere down the lane he appeared lost, dazed and completely out of touch. For example— he would listen to her rant about her friends or talk about other things but his heart was far far away from those conversation.

At first Aiyora tried to ignore the obvious signs telling herself constantly she was over thinking for nothing. But days later came to realize that her earlier intuition was right— Senri was indeed distancing himself. Whether it was knowingly or unknowingly that was yet to be discovered.

Within days it got to a point where not just Aiyora, others were starting to take notice of it as well. Even Hanabusa once conversationally mentioned how weird Senri was behaving these days.

That's when alarm rang inside the younger pureblood's head. The person she cared about the most in this world was slipping out of her hand. And whoever thought that Kuran Aiyora would just sit tight and let the matter slide was wrong! Spectacularly wrong!

************************************************

Senri opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom with no clothes on; only a grey coloured towel wrapped around his hips. And a smaller towel hanging by his shoulder which he was using to dry his hair.

His pyjama-set was neatly folded and placed over the bed. Usually he dresses up right after stepping out of the bathroom. But today he made a little detour and walked across the room towards the dresser to brush his hair first. Senri was just about to put the brush on his hair when he caught a glimpse of another reflection in the mirror.

What is she doing here? The thought crossed his mind.

"Ai-chan...?"

She smiled, addressing him in an overly sweet voice. "...Ri-chan!"

Something was off about her. Senri noticed it immediately. Although he couldn't exactly point out what it was, but the bizarre gleam in those royal blue orbs confirmed his suspicion and made him taste his own bile in turn.

Her gaze, in that moment, eerily reminded Senri of his estranged father. A frightening shiver ran down his spine. But he tried to keep his fear concealed... for as long as possible.

"What's the matter?" He continued to brush his hair and tried to appear unaffected.

"You've been ignoring me." She stated at first, then demanded. "And I want to know why?"

He put the brush down on the dresser and turned back. "I don't know what you're talking about."

She took a step closer and his heart skipped a beat — not a good way!

"You've been deliberately ignoring me for sometime now..." She stated her point clearly closing all rooms for arguments. "At first I thought it was all in my head. But soon I was proven wrong. Even others are starting to notice the distance between us."

Before Senri could say something in his defence Aiyora approached him in few long strides and engulfed him into her arms.

"Why are you doing this, Ri-chan? Why are you ignoring me?"

He did not respond.

"Do you not care for me anymore...? Do you no longer love me...?"

Senri tried to break away from her arms. But found himself unable to do so. Her grip wasn't tight but there was an invisible force holding him back. He understood, she was using her powers on him.

"Let me go." He finally found his voice.

"NO!" She almost roared. Her voice startled him. "You're not going anywhere unless you explain yourself. Tell me honestly has Takuma-nii told you something?! Is he putting words in your head against me? Do you want to have a separate room? I can talk to Kaname onii-sama and have that arranged."

Her eyes reflected an all too familiar emotion— insecurity. Senri wasn't sure how to feel about that. However he understood this small moment of Aiyora's distraction was his opportunity. And he utilized the opportunity to break free from her grip.

"No one told me anything. Stop being so paranoid... unless you have reason to feel that way."

She glared at him. "What are you implying to?"

"I simply want to know what happened between you and Kuran Kaname. It's a simple question, yet you don't seem to have the answers for it."

"How many times do I have to tell you—"

Senri cut her off. His eyes dead serious.

"Don't tell me anything unless you're ready to tell me the truth." His voice was calm. The dangerous calm that lingers before the storm.

"Trust me Ri-chan, it was a mutually agreed upon decision."

"I'm getting tired of your lies Ai-chan."

"I'm telling you the truth."

His face fell as he looked at the floor. Then a moment later...

"...Please leaves..." he told her in freezing cold voice.

"What?!" Her pride was hit hard. Even after desperate search she could not come up with anything to tackle that.

"Please leave... leave my sight before your presence starts to disgust me!"

Her eyes winded in absolute horror. Ri-chan disgusted by her presence... is that even possible?!

.

.

.

Takuma was walking along the dark corridor, on his way back to his room. His footsteps came to a halt when a crying Aiyora ran past him. He turned around to check where she was heading. Much to his surprise... it was definitely not to her room.

*************************************************

Aiyora examined her reflection in the mirror. Proud of what the end result turned up. Face fully fresh and free from makeup. Hair cascading down in big sultry waves. The leather dress was short and fitted. Even though she has no breast but the bodice did a splendid job of pushing up whatever small mounds she have to make it look like she has decent cleavage.

"How do I look Maria-chan?" Still, for a second opinion she asked the girl who was sitting by the window all this time, tolerating her obnoxiousness.

The two girls have discovered interesting common grounds and have been spending a lot of time in secret.

"Well... if dorm president Kuran walks in through that door— this time you'll truly get raped."

Aiyora turned to the other female and shot her a 'stop it' look. She was ready to throw a perfect comment that would match what Maria just said. But was interrupted when a knock came on the door and alerted them both.

Aiyora quickly signalled Maria to leave through the window while she sprayed a spritz of perfume and checked herself on the mirror for one last before asking the person outside to come in.

The door opened and Senri's head peeked in.

"You called m—" but didn't get to finish his sentence, as his breath got caught in the middle of his windpipe, once he registered what he was seeing.

"How do I look?" The pureblood twirled around showing him all sides and angles. Acting as if everything was normal between them. Like their conversation yesterday, where he asked her to 'get out of his sight' didn't even take place.

Senri gulped, he couldn't ignore the uneasy feeling building up at the pit of his stomach. After all this was his first time seeing his Aiyora look so provocative. She had on an extra fitted black leather dress which was so short that all she has to do is slightly bend over and everything would be on display.

He understood her game. She was trying to seduce him. But he was determined to remain firm.

"Why did you call me?"

Instead of answering, she beckoned him come closer. "Close the door and come here. There's something I'd like to show you."

His uneasiness doubled. Warning him to get as far away from Aiyora as possible. But he found himself doing exactly what she has just commanded. Senri felt his panic begin to rise, now that he let the situation sink in— Aiyora was using her powers on him without giving a damn about the consequences.

"What is it?" He asked, nearing her. But made sure to stop at an ample distance, beyond her reach.

"I've discovered a new ability and I'd like to experiment it on you..." she closed the gap between them and urged. "...May I?"

Senri took a quick step back feeling uncomfortable and uncertain about her proposal. Nonetheless ended up nodded his head in agreement.

Aiyora remained where she was, while he slowly tried to move further away from her till a hand grabbed hold of his right arm. He looked to his side and found Aiyora...? Except for in a different dress. Before he could fully grasp what was going on another hand grabbed hold of his left arm— Also Aiyora, dressed in her night class uniform with hair tied up in sleek ponytail.

Two Aiyoras? What the hell is going on here.

Confused, Senri looked at the main one, who was still standing on the same spot. Smiling at him innocently.

"Don't be afraid Ri-chan these are my familiars..." She boasted. "... a part of me."

"Weren't your familiars just kittens, chickens and snakes?" Senri asked while the familiars dragged him towards the bed, threw him on it and climbed on top of him.

"It depends on what I want to create Ri-chan..."

Aiyora took the nearby couch to enjoy the direct view of the scene. One of the girls was taking off his full-sleeve t-shirt while the other was kissing the expanse of his chest.

"...These ones are very new. It's been months since I have learned how to make my familiars according to our shape. I can only create two so far."

"If one is yourself, what's the other?"

"Let's spice things up a little... shall we?" Aiyora smirked mischievously. Senri wasn't quite sure as to what that meant. Regardless, he had a bad feeling about it.

In second another figure appeared in front of the bed, which made the pair of greyish blue eyes go wide. It was Kuran Kaname, that too shirtless, who was weirdly and wickedly smiling down at him.

Senri lay on the bed, surprised and aghast by whatever madness was taking place. There were two Aiyoras occupying each of his side and a half naked Kaname in front. At this point he has no clue what would come next. Fortunately for him before it could get any crazier the original Aiyora twisted her fingers and all three figures vanished.

"...Is that it?" He asked. Sighing out of relief and finally managing to catch a breath.

"No..." Aiyora rose to her feet and was approaching the bed. "...there's one more."

Seductively she climbed on top of him and settled down straddling his hips. Then, took his hands in her and placed them first on her face and slowly let them slide down to her breasts. All the while keeping a firm hold on his hands so that he doesn't take them off.

To further encourage him, slowly she started to grind herself against him. But no response came from the maroon haired boy. He simply lay there watching her with vacant eyes, devoid of all emotion.

Soon all ray of of hope for Aiyora diminished.

She was surprised and disappointed by how indifferent Senri was. Despite being underneath her form, his body was barely giving out any form of reaction. Whereas in case of Kaname— his heart rate could be heard from miles away. No part of his body would hide how aroused he was by her every time they were this close.

But with Senri...

The dreaded question arose in her heart. She could not stop herself from voicing out her fear. Because she needed to know whether...

"Do you not find me desirable? Are you not attracted to me at all?"

There was no change in his face. However Senri pulled his hand free.

Aiyora teared up in rage and to some extent in shame. This has to be the first time someone dared to refuse her that way. Her emotions let loose and cracked the glass of her window.

"Ai-chan you cannot be serious! How do you expect me to desire you when my mind is numb from what I just witnessed and not to mention— filled with unanswered questions from the very beginning." Slowly he pushed her off of him and sat up.

"But I told you—"

"I already know everything!" Senri exclaimed, cutting her off. "I was just hoping to hear your side of the story before making the final judgement. But now it looks like... Nevermind! You have father's blood running through you, why am I ever surprised...?"

"Don't talk about fath—"

"You don't get to tell me how to feel about that man." Senri interrupted firmly. "...It's my choice if I want to hate him. Just the way it's your choice if you want to love him." He said hopping down the bed.

To say Aiyora was surprised would be a massive understatement. She was stunned. This was the first time Senri spoke to her in a raised voice.

She couldn't hold back her tears anymore.

Senri looked away and was walking out. Although it crushed his heart to behave in such a manner with Aiyora. But he had enough. He was sick and tired of her lies and manipulation. There's a limit to his patience. Someone has to teach her the difference between right and wrong. If others don't, then it leaves him no choice but to take matters into his hand. End of the day he's still her older brother— the status be damned.

Aiyora called him, pleaded him to come back but he didn't listen. Only paused as he reached the door. Placing his hand on the doorknob he told her.

"Tell your brother to find you a new bodyguard. I can't do this anymore."

With that said he exited her room. Leaving her cries and pleadings to fall on deaf ears.

*************************************************

Aiyora took various attempts to apologize but all her efforts were met with dismissal. And that put her in a pretty difficult situation. Being a pureblood she had an image to keep. She can't appear desperate in public. Not only will it ruin her reputation but also make Senri a target and cause him difficulty.

Therefore the only safer option in hand was to write letters. This way it was easier for her to express those feelings. She was able to candidly explain how sorry she was and beg him to speak to her once more; without anyone knowing.

So in one week she wrote him over ten letters. Sadly no response came from his side. Her carrier bunny always returned empty mouthed. After the twelfth letter her hopes crumbled, she stopped writing to him and pulled herself out of everything.

The first couple days she skipped class. But as Kaname started to make fuss about it, Aiyora was forced to resume her attendance.

However... everyone could see that she was not her usual self. The social butterfly of the night class suddenly became the quietest one. Naturally everyone was worried. Especially Kaname and Senri, even though the latter wasn't currently speaking to her.

And that worry successfully distracted them from noticing the growing closeness between Kuran Aiyora and Kurenai Maria.

*************************************************

"Are you not going to sleep?"

Takuma asked the maroon haired boy who was on the bed re-reading all the letters Aiyora had sent over the last few days. And each time Senri read her letters his eyes portrayed two emotions specifically— pain and sorrow.

Painful because of what he was putting her through and sorrow because of what it was doing to him in return. Senri hated hurting Aiyora more than anything. But at this point his hands were tied— as he was determined to teach her a valuable lesson and make her understand that she too cannot escape the consequences of her actions for too long.

"Not sleepy." Senri finally answered before he put down the letter in hand and picked up another one from the side.

Takuma didn't argue, he simply turned the other way and closed his eyes. But the worry simply refused to leave his mind.

.

.

.

The next couple days Takuma carefully observed the young Kuran. These days in public she stayed as quiet and as invisible as possible. She barely interacted with anyone. Ignored her minions and the group of fanboys in the night class that constantly tried to flirt with her ever since she became single.

But...

Often in class Aiyora would throw longing looks at Senri. He would meet her gaze for a moment or two before looking away. Kaname on the other hand was growing concerned and personally took couple of attempts to approach her. He too met with failure, as Aiyora absolutely refused to interact with him.

However, there was one little problem. Which Ichijou came to understand few days down the road. It was Aiyora's growing closeness to the new transfer student. Bigger problem was both Kaname and Senri were surprisingly oblivious to the matter.

************************************************

Takuma decided to be the bigger person. For the sake of peace he decided to push behind his anger and speak to Aiyora.

He approached the pureblood when on a Saturday evening he found her all alone in the library, pretending to read— Pretending because everyone that knows Aiyora, knows how much she hates to read unless it's an erotic manga. And the book in her hand was a history book.

Just as he cleared his throat, she turned. Her eyes lit up with spark of happiness. She quickly closed the book and invited him to sit with her. The joy on her face was enough for Takuma to understand how lonely she has been recently.

"I never expected to find you in the library on a Saturday evening. What's the matter Aiyora-chan?"

"...Nothing." She replied after moment of thought. Making it obvious to the blonde that there are things inside her trying to burst out.

"...Um how's Ri-chan?" She hesitated a little before asking.

"If you're indirectly asking whether he read your letter, the answer is yes. In fact he reads them everyday."

"Yet he doesn't bother to reply." Aiyora said sounding upset.

"That's because he's upset with you."

"What have I done so bad?!"

Takuma had the urge to laugh. Not laugh out of happiness but laugh in sadness. The girl still doesn't realize the depth of her actions. Then again what could be expected when she has never been taught what's right and wrong. All these times Kaname kept his focus on sharpening her powers and abilities and how to survive in this cruel world as a female pureblood. And that's exactly what she is doing.

"What haven't you done?!" Chuckling he gave her a list.

"For starter— what you did with Kaname was absolutely disgusting. To accuse a man of fake rape... it's unimaginable. Then you've constantly lied to Senri in order to cover your tracks. And it doesn't just stop there, you were pressuring him to respect his father. Without hearing his side of the story. Whereas in your case, after discovering Kuran Juuri's intentions, you went as far as to remove her name as your mother from all official documents. So tell me, is it not hypocritical? How would you have felt if Kaname was forcing you to respect his mother despite what she has done with you."

Aiyora looked down. She knew there's no way to retaliate, he had a point. So she remained silent. It was her way of conceding.

"I get it, I'm a bad person."

"Not necessarily. You have good in you. But what you did back then was..."

"You're still upset with me." Aiyora asked.

"To some extent." Takuma admitted honestly.

"Then why are you here?" Aiyora shot him a curious look.

"Because... I care for you. Besides how long do you think it is possible for a big brother to hold a grudge against his baby sister?"

"So we're good...?"

"Not until I discipline you." He replied, giving one of her ear a small tug.

"Done!" Aiyora exclaimed all excited, pouncing on him for a hug. Which was returned whole heartedly.

But before disciplining you, Aiyora-chan, there's a bigger idiot that I have to deal with.

*************************************************

The black limousine stopped where the road ended and the park begun. Opening the door on the right side Takuma stepped out of the vehicle. Following him out was Senri, looking like he was ready to go back to bed. The chauffeur also stepped out and opened the door on the left. It was Kaname who stepped out this time. Looking every bit confused and irritated.

Irritated because he was dragged out of his bed during day time with little to no explanation provided by his friend. And confused because he could see a small setup with blanket and some cushions placed by the lakeside under the shade of the tree.

"Are we here for picnic, Takuma?" Senri pondered out loud, itching one of his eyes.

"You could say so... I tried my best to have it arranged that way." The blonde replied smoothly revealing his excitement.

What's with him?! Simultaneously the cousins wondered. It was beyond them to understand how Ichijou was so cheerful and excited this early in the morning, with the sun still out. Also even if they did come on picnic, why is it just the three of them?

"Care to explain why... I was pulling out of my sleep and dragged out of my room to join you both for picnic?" Kaname came around the car to stand beside his friend.

"Just to let you know I'm not responsible for any of this." Senri clarified.

"Oh Kaname stop being so stiff. Senri would you also relax. Come let's go sit."

.

.

.

It was the most quiet and tragic picnic ever. Instead of looking like acquaintances enjoying a day out, they looked like three strangers minding their own business. Senri was two bites away from finishing his third poky stick. Kaname took another sip of faux blood— his glass now half empty, and Takuma was almost finished with his sandwich.

Over half an hour have passed since they've seated down but a topic of conversation was yet to come up.

To be honest the topic was ready and it was climbing through Takuma's vocal-cord but he didn't know how to exactly voice it out. However he also knew how important it was for the matter to be addressed soon as possible and definitely away from the grounds of the academy. Which was why he made this arrangement.

Takuma cleared his throat loudly. When he had his best friend's and roommate's attention on him, he finally began...

"So... I've made up my. After returning to the academy I will seek out Aiyora-chan and apologize."

"Apologize for what?" Senri was confused. "Not being on speaking grounds?"

"For judging her actually." Carefully Takuma watched for both their reactions as he continued... "I did not put single effort to try and understand the situation from her perspective. In that moment I was just Kaname's friend, who saw her as one of those lowly female that doesn't hesitate to take advantage of a man and trap him. But in my defence, the way she described the scene of going down on Kaname was quite infuriating—"

"She did what?!" Exclaimed Senri, interrupting.

"It's exactly what you heard, Senri." Takuma confirmed releasing a deep exhale full of regret.

Kaname remained stoic, his face devoid of all emotions but jaws tightly clenched.

Senri turned to his cousin and charged. Status and rank be damned.

"You told me you didn't sleep with her?"

"There's a difference between loving someone physically and..." Kaname paused to figure out the proper word. "... and that activity."

"But you also didn't mention that she gave you a blowjob! You made it sound like you both kissed, flirted around, shared bites here and there. And showed me the underwear she gifted you."

Kaname opened his mouth to retort but Takuma beat him with a question of his own.

"Aiyora-chan gifted you her underwear?! ...And you accepted!" Takuma tried to figure out which one was more shocking Aiyora gifting Kaname her underwear or Kaname accepting it. Most certainly the latter.

After a long pause Kaname admitted, looking down, "... Yes." It was amazing how he chose one simple word to answers both questions at the same time. However that doesn't mean he was any less awkward and irritated at his intimate life being discussed so openly.

At this point Aiyora's vulgar behaviour was no more a shock to the Ichijou heir. But Kaname going along with it... that's a whole different story.

Another long tensed silence followed through. Which Takuma broke after few minutes passed, as they didn't have all day in hand.

"I'm sure by now you both have figured out why I made this little arrangement for us to sit here, in broad daylight, far away from the academy."

"If it's to discuss how he exploited Ai-chan during the time he was engaged to her, then I'm not interested." Senri declared.

"I didn't exploit her. Get your facts checked before accusing someone."

"Kaname! Senri! ...please. This isn't children's quarrel." Takuma scolded. "If this is how you both keep behaving we'll never be able to come to main point of our conversation. Let's finish that first, then you two could go back to barking."

Bravely he decided to take the role of an adult. Somebody had to, in order to show what the situation is and where the real problem lies.

"Do care for Aiyora-chan, Senri? Do you love her?" Takuma asked his roommate first.

"Do I have to say it out loud? Isn't it obvious." The model answered with a poky in his mouth.

"Would you still continue to care for her even if she grows up to be someone completely different than how you have imagined?"

Senri responded after a moment or two of thinking.

"...It doesn't matter. No matter how she turns out, deep down she will always remain the same Ai-chan, the person I grew up with."

"That's where you're wrong Senri. People can change. No one ever knows what situation and circumstances can make them do. ...what had happened with Kaname is the best example."

The maroon haired boy stiffed. It wouldn't take rocket science to understand the turmoil he has been going through since learning of his half-sister's did.

"She was concerned. Even he admitted to have taken the situation for granted." Senri said pointing at Kaname. Just because he was upset with Aiyora and speaking to her doesn't mean he'll throw her under the bus.

Takuma cast a quick glance at the brunette to watch for his reaction.

"She was cornered this time, doesn't mean it will always be the case. The incident with Kaname has taught her how to manipulate a situation to her advantage."

"Your point is...?"

"I'm sure your father wasn't also born the way he turned out to be."

"Ai-chan is nothing like him!" Senri protested, while his subconscious mind laughed at the irony of the statement.

"Not yet." Takuma corrected.

Kaname shot the blonde a warning look as Senri verbally expressed his thought.

"Did you gather us here, so you could meaninglessly bash her behind her back? It was your choice to turn against her. But you have no right to manipulate us into following your path."

"Like you Senri, I also want what's best for Aiyora-chan. And I strongly believe the talk we're having now will help us understand and come to a conclusion as to what would be the way we all can help her. My words might be coming off harsh, but they're coming from the goodness of my heart."

Now that the conversation with Senri reached its end, the blonde faced the brunette. Even though the latter looked prepared but in all honesty, he hadn't been utterly prepared for what was coming his way...

"Now it's your turn Kaname, tell me do you care for Aiyora-chan?"

"Aren't you going to ask if I love her?" The pureblood smirked, as he pulled off his signature trait to reply with a question of his own.

Takuma was on mission today, and he was determined to not let anything move him from the track. So...

"No Kaname, I won't ask that question, because I already know the answer. However I would like to tell you that your overbearing feelings for her is the root of all problems. Your love is poisonous, dangerous, destructive, pernicious, suffocating and deadly. All in all— it's extremely toxic.

While Senri's feelings are humane, yours is fully vampiric. Your thirst and hunger for her is increasing at such a pace that it's only a matter of time before you devour her completely in order to become one."

"What are you talking about Takuma?!" An emotion mixed of confusion and fear shined in Senri's eyes.

"Senri, devouring their beloved and becoming one with them is the ultimate way pureblood vampires express their love. However these incidents are rare and has happened mostly in the case of one sided love." Takuma finished his sentence by looking back at Kaname.

Senri too shot the pureblood a look, which showed he was judging. "Which exactly is the case here."

Kaname glared, feeling uncomfortable by the Shiki heir's comment. Tension was brewing between them once more. Upon noticing Takuma quickly jumped in to prevent the cousins from getting involved into another round of argument.

"Anyway, as I was saying... open your eyes Kaname, and see the damage your causing. I don't think you realize but your toxic obsession is making a monster out of an innocent child."

Senri's expression hardened. As he tried to understand what his roommate was trying to say.

"...At first I blamed her for choosing the path she did, called out her wrongdoing and even went as far as to avoid her for the next few days as you both know. During that time I thought about the whole situation only to come to realization afterwards, that it was wrong on my end to expect the right from her when she haven't been given the proper guidance. That girl is at the most crucial and vulnerable stage of her life. She maybe smart for her age, but that doesn't change the fact that she's inexperienced and naive. Therefore needs to be guided and taught in every step. ...But unfortunately, the person who can best provide those guidance is too busy lusting after her or redeeming his past actions... which ever way you put it."

Senri was a little taken aback to see his pureblood cousin silently take in all the back handed comment.

"I understand you wish to make up for those lost times. But even here you're doing it all wrong. Instead of bravely addressing the main issue you're creating creepy ways to be more obsessed with her. What do you think can be achieved by staring at her childhood pictures or listening to her old recordings, huh Kaname? Because the past cannot be undone. You abandoned her in her childhood and no matter what you do that time will not return.

...However if you do wish to redeem, then please do it the right way. Because the way you are proceeding... forget making up for the past— you'll end up ruining her future."

"So you're expecting me to do nothing about it... Oh wait, you're pushing me towards Yuuki. So forgive me for not clearly understanding your agenda."

"First and foremost I expect you to understand the difference between Yuuki and Aiyora. Unlike the former, the latter has you completely wrapped around her fingers. Your desperate obsession for her is making you do all the wrong things. What do you think Kaname, by accepting her false accusation and saving her from a dangerous trial you really saved her?"

"Yes, he did save her big time." Senri took his cousin's side. Which actually surprised both the vampires.

"Well... you're right Senri, he saved her. But at the same time also taught her the wrong ideology instead of properly disciplining her. The girl is still quite young. The mindset she has, the ideas she is starting to believe in, are very inappropriate. Sorry to say this so bluntly Kaname— you are solely responsible for this. You're the adult, you knew and understood what's right or wrong yet you succumbed without giving minimum effort to fight your way. ...Kaname it wasn't a mistake in your part to like her or to desire her. However it was a mistake to act upon those feelings."

The pureblood dropped his eyes, along with his pride. A shadow cast over his face. Takuma felt bad for meaninglessly bashing his friend. But someone needed to tell him, show him and bravely point out the mistakes he has made so far and it's consequences.

"Now, because of that Aiyora-chan thinks she can getaway with anything as long as she seduces her opponent properly. It was what led her to approaching Toma Shizuku and we all know how that ended. And it's not yet over my friends— because now she is secretly hanging out with the mysterious Kurenai Maria. Only God knows what awaits this time."

The change of look on Senri's face made it obvious that he was oblivious to the information Takuma just revealed. Kaname noticed that too and seized the chance to taunt.

"I made you her guard and yet you didn't know?! Seems like I chose the wrong person for the task."

Only to have Takuma call him out instantly before he could go any further with his words.

"See Kaname, this is the exact kind of mistakes I'm talking about. Even when your trying to do something, you're doing it with an ulterior motive. And that attitude must change! It has to! Aiyora-chan shares a special bond with Senri don't ruin that and add more to the bucket list of your regret."

An uncomfortable silence followed through. Which was eventually broken by the youngest vampire when he suddenly remembered Cross Yuuki's name was mentioned.

"You mentioned the disciplinary committee earlier? You compared her to Ai-chan. I want to know how is she relevant?"

Instead of answering right away Takuma put his focus on Kaname who simply tore his gaze away and faced the other way. Prompting the aristocrat to ask aloud.

"Would you prefer to tell Senri yourself or do you want me to do it?"

"Don't go there Ichijou. Not everyone needs to know about Yuuki's situation." Kaname warned, closing his eyes.

"But Senri isn't just everyone Kaname!" Takuma snapped un-characteristically. "He's family. He's your cousin, Aiyora-chan's half-brother, and whether you like it or not he is and will always be one of the most important person in her life. So if you truly want to do something for Aiyora-chan then start by accepting and respecting Senri for who is."

"It's okay you don't have to tell me anything. I don't have any interest—"

"Yuuki is my sister and she is also the girl who was born to be my bride."

"Wait what? Then how is she a human?"

"My mother sacrificed her life and sealed off all her vampire genes."

"No wonder that human always smells delicious."

"Senri!" This time Takuma shot him a warning look.

"Is Ai-chan aware about it?"

Kaname nodded his head as an affirmative.

"Now it all makes sense as to why you were no show all throughout the year when Ai-chan was crazy about you."

"Was she... crazy about me?" The word 'crazy' was emphasized.

"Yeah, you were what she used to talk about pretty much all day and all night. I used to find her quite annoying back then." Senri replied rolling his eyes and also smiling fondly recalling the old memories.

Kaname's demeanour changed. He also smiled, matching his cousin.

"Alright boys let's get back to the topic..." Takuma clapped to get the cousin's attention "...we're again going off track."

"So what's the plan?" Senri asked throwing away the empty poky box.

"The plan is simple. For her betterment we need to work together. So let's put all of our differences aside and join hands." Takuma offered his hand and added. "Aiyora-chan needs us... all three of us."

Senri was the first to accept the offered hand. And together they looked at Kaname; who was already watching them with scrutinizing eyes. His expression... unreadable. And with that expression it was hard to tell whether he was on board.

"Kaname...?"

A moment pass between them with no change of expression from the pureblood.

"It's for Aiyora-chan's betterment." The brunette vampire let out a sigh at Takuma's reminder.

After a moment of careful consideration he too joined hand with them.

And just like that, their little picnic came to an end, but did so with fruitful results.

*************************************************

"What's wrong my dear...?" Shizuka asked the tensed young pureblood. Aiyora turned her gaze towards the other pureblood after staring out of the window for sometime and answered plainly.

"...My heart hurts."

Hio Shizuka, the soul residing inside Maria's body was not her friend. The woman was her father's fiancée, the fiancée that he despised and vice-versa. Yet here she was, at ease and strangely comfortable around her. Sure enough Aiyora wasn't a fool who'd let her guard down in front of such a person, but somehow in a short time the two female came to a mutual understanding. They understood each other as the unfortunate souls belonging to a society that cages women.

"For the Shiki boy?" The older pureblood inquired, accepting the cup of tea Ichiru just served. Her question snapped the younger one out of her thought.

But the latter didn't reply. Nor was there a need to. Her silence was speaking. Her guilt filled gaze, sighs and the deep exhale of breath she was letting out... all these spoke on her behalf.

"Give it while. With time everything will be alright." Shizuka consoled, getting up from the chair and walking towards the window, where Aiyora was standing.

"I'm sure you are familiar with the phrase— time heal all wounds."

Shooting Maria's figure a look that suggested she was judging her for that comment. Aiyora asked in a cocky voice. "Did it heal yours?"

"Which is why I'm trying to stop you from walking along the same path as I did."

"I don't understand why are you so nice to me Shizuka-sama? You told me that you hated my father. Shouldn't your feelings be the same towards me? Or... are you planning to use me as well, like Kuran Juuri?"

A twisted smile curved up the ends of Maria's lips and made Aiyora roll her eyes in turn. She felt stupid. Of course this woman was using her. Who was she kidding! Everything made so much sense as Aiyora put all the pieces together.

"Listen my dear I'll be honest, you're correct, I was also planning to use you. I still am. However I'm not a tunnel visioned idiot like Kuran Juuri. My plans won't lead to your demise. As a matter of fact if you follow my advice word to word, no one can stop you from reaching the top."

Aiyora held back the urge to laugh.

"What kind of scholar do you think you are, when the only advice you've given me so far is to seduce Kaname onii-sama...? If only you would have practiced what you preach, perhaps your situation wouldn't be so pitiful today."

Ichiru was about to protest but Shizuka stopped him with a warning look.

"You're right. But let me remind you my dear, I wasn't as fortunate as you are. Your father was being controlled by his feelings for Juuri. Similarly, the current head of the Kuran family is being controlled by his lust for you. I want you to understand the power you have in that small palm of yours— you won't even have to lift a finger, he will do all the dirty work for you."

"Your point...?" Aiyora snorted. Tired of hearing the same thing like retro music which plays on those broken record players.

"You have to understand little one, that time and tide waits for none. It didn't wait for me, and it will certainly not wait for you. Which is why you must utilize it well while you have it."

Shizuka smirked at the younger vampire's questioning gaze. "And if you don't, eventually Juuri's daughter will takeover your place."

"So what? She's kind hearted, I'm sure she'll do a far better job than me."

"Her mother was quite well known for being the sun in our dark world. She was kind hearted and compassionate. But do tell me, where was that kind hearted woman when your father was destroying every woman's life possible? Not even by mistake she extended her support to me or any one of those women that fell victim to him. Believe me, she had the ability to make a difference. But alas... her priorities lay elsewhere."

"It still doesn't explain why you're trying to play the matchmaker?" Aiyora took a sip of her tea to wet her drying throat.

"Wouldn't it be nice to have Kuran Kaname as the bullet in your gun? Wouldn't it be so satisfying to watch him destroy Kuran Yuuki, the one whom he was supposed to protect at the cost of your life."

Aiyora turned her back on Shizuka and handed Ichiru the tea-cup.

"You know what I had enough of blabber-jabber for today. I'm going. Bye!"

Shizuka already knew chances of Aiyora returning to her was slim. Therefore this maybe her only opportunity to light the fire.

"I'm not telling you to be his wife. However... think about the perks you can enjoy as his widow."

Aiyora's footsteps came to an abrupt stop. Shizuka was the second person to give her this particular advice. First one was her father's crazy mistress. This cannot be a coincidence. Right...?

Is this some kind of a sign...?

What are the possibilities...?

*************************************************

Aiyora returned to her chamber in absent mind and opened the door with recklessly excitement. All set to enjoy a relaxing bubble-bath to clear head off of the garbage Shizuka has thrown in before ultimately hitting the bed.

However the sight that greeted her once she was inside left her petrified.

Why are they here, together?!

WHY ARE THEY HERE, TOGETHER?!

Inside she was literally screaming. Outside she rapidly blinked her eyes. Just to make sure nothing was wrong with them. Before making the decision to quickly turn her back and run!

But alas! The door wouldn't open!

Aiyora struggled with the doorknob and it got to a point where she was ready to use her power and blow up the damn object. Unfortunately that plan also didn't work. How would it? When a far stronger force was suppressing her powers.

Fuck! She cursed under her breath at the realization. Inside she was fuming. Almost ready to explode.

"Don't even bother. You have a long way to go before overpowering him." It was Senri, who spoke.

Accepting her defeat Aiyora turned towards her bed where the Shiki heir was casually seated and glared. All the while trying her best to ignore the other presence in the room. The one standing at the centre, demanding all the attention.

The hurricane of emotions she felt that moment could not be described. No words could define her current mental state or the fear in her heart. Senri and Kaname, together in her room, it could only mean one thing— they colluded to take her down. Both seeking revenge. Or the conversation she just had with... Her mind whirled at the possibilities.

"How could you even allow such thought to cross your mind? Do you honestly believe either of us can ever hurt you?" Kaname tried to calm down the overwhelmed Aiyora after reading her mind.

He took calculative step towards her and stopped at a safe distance to show he means no harm.

"I've said it before and I will say it again, Aiyora— I love you. I love you very much. And nothing in this world can change that." Carefully he took one of her hand in his and entwined them. Then brought the entwined hand to his lips to place a soft kiss.

"My feelings did not develop to change later. They're here to last till the eternity. However..." he pulled her closer and cupped her face with the free hand. "...from now on, my feelings are my problem. They are my business to mind. I will make sure to keep them inside me and out of your way."

After staring into Kaname's garnet orbs for sometime Aiyora turned to Senri as if to mentally ask if had any idea what was going on? Senri may not have said anything but his confident gaze urged her to relax. Kaname on the other hand unlocked their entwined hands and used the same hand to pull her into his arms.

Aiyora stiffed. It was a natural reaction, considering everything unwrapping before Senri. But Kaname was glad that she didn't struggle. It made the situation smooth. After all it was also very awkward from his side.

"I am giving you my word Ai," the brunette spoke again, after a long pause. "...from this moment onwards I will no longer forcefully impose my desires on you. I will show you my love the way I should have from the very beginning... on that note, I will standby and patiently wait for you till the day you are ready to accept me."

"What if I'm never ready?"

"In that case I'll wait forever. But let's not delve into those now, shall we. For now just allow me to be by your side from the sidelines, so that I can at least guide you where you need guidance and protect you when you need protection."

"And Ri-chan?"

"I already made him your personal guard didn't I?"

"Yes! You're right. Now no one can question or throw us suspicious gaze."

"Exactly." Kaname agreed. Before tightening his hold on her waist, because of what he about to tell her.

"Oh by the way Aiyora... he knows."

"Knows what?!"

"About us... I mean everything that has happened between us."

Aiyora pulled back slightly, to look at him. And to make sure he was suggesting what she was thinking.

"Even that?" Please, please, please don't be that. She prayed.

"Yes... even that."

Her pattern of prayer changed. Now she prayed for the ground to somehow crack open and swallow her completely for good. It was one thing that she never wanted Senri to find out, like ever. And now he knows!

Sensing her discomfort Kaname guided her to the bed and sat her down beside the Shiki heir. He did that to ease the tension between the half-siblings.

"You have nothing to worry about. It was all in the past. So push everything at the back of your mind and focus on what's to come."

Easy for you to say, douchebag!

Senri wrapped an arm around Aiyora's shoulder and pulled her closer to show that what Kaname just said was indeed the truth. The past is to be left behind. There's no reason to look back.

The brunette looked at the half-siblings and came to a hasty decision— he should leave and give them their personal space. They need that in order to heal. So bidding them quick farewell he left.

Even after Kaname's exit Senri and Aiyora's couldn't bring themselves to just jump into a conversation. The silence stretched longer than it should have. Thus leading to more awkwardness between the two. At this point both were shy and neither felt courageous enough to take the first step. However their physical interaction was starting to take charge and make up where the poor verbal skills failed.

Senri tightened his hold on her shoulder while Aiyora slowly leaned into his chest and nuzzled his torso.

"Do you really have no question for me? Ask me anything and I will answer them truthfully. I promise."

Senri noticed Aiyora raised her pinky finger to validate her vow.

"Actually I do..." Aiyora braced herself for what was coming. "How big was he?" He asked keeping a straight face, like it was such an important question.

Aiyora frowned. Irritated, she threw him a glare. What kind of question was that anyway? Since when was her Ri-chan turning into such a pervert?

"I don't know. I didn't measure." She snapped. "Why do you care anyway?"

"Because it's a crucial information, which will come handy in the future. Perhaps I could reveal them to Aidou-san in exchange for good sum of money."

"Ri-chan be serious!"

She gave him a hard smack on the chest and knocked him down on the bed. Senri pulled her along with him. And in the next second two exploded into a series of laughter.

The awkwardness finally left. Once again they were back to being the usual Ai-chan and Ri-chan... the yin to my yang.

*************************************************

A.N- Thank you all for reading. Hope you guys enjoyed. Maybe this chapter is the begging of end of hostility between Kaname and Senri and eventually Kaname and Aiyora. Finally they can come onto some civil ground. From next chapter we're moving to episode 10 animeand follow along that line with changes here and there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 60 3
Emi Kuran is being transferred to Ouran Academy. After her awakening it was decided that it was to dangerous for the only daughter of Rido Kuran to r...
546K 16.7K 28
As the new transfer student in Cross Academy, you discover vampiric secrets and forbidden love there. Which vampire will capture your heart? This is...
88.1K 1.9K 27
This story is a reader X Senri Shiki from vampire Knights. You are a pure blood who goes to cross Academy and place in the night class, the night cla...
149K 3.9K 19
The Tsukumo family was a powerful and kind pureblood family. The two parents had a daughter, who inherited a great amount of power, that was sealed i...