Chapter 25

He watched her from a far off distant... a content smile pasted on his handsome face.

She was walking the street like a free bird, without a care in the world. Going from one store to another. Occasionally enjoying a small sip of the drink she held in that long paper-glass. It was a blueberry-banana smoothie that she ordered from one of that café that fell on her way.

Following her he also walked into the same café and ordered the same drink. Only difference being she was still happily sipping her whereas he threw away his after the first sip, because the taste of this particular drink clashed with his taste buds.

In one particular store she was taking longer than usual. He waited and waited but her delay prolonged and at one point it got him worried... So worried that he could not refrain himself, and ended up entering the store. Obviously he concealed his presence so that she does not sense him and the high collared overcoat hid most of his face anyway. He did not want her to get the wrong idea and think of him as some kind of creep. He had no ill intention, just wanted to make sure she was alright. However Kaname was so occupied with his thoughts that he failed to notice the flustered look all ladies in the store were throwing at him. Even if he did notice... after so many years of experience it had no effect on him. The ladies could stare all they want to... he could careless.

He walked from aisle to aisle - corner to corner without paying attention to the detail in surrounding. His attention remained solely on Aiyora, who was trying to decided between the two packets in hand. Not being able to decided she placed both on the small basket she was carrying. Kaname found that trait... adorable. Even though there was nothing adorable about it.

He quietly followed as she moved to the other side of there store. There she spoke to an elderly woman who then went inside and returned with a measuring tape, then guided Aiyora inside...away from his sight. Kaname's brows furred trying to asses what was going on. He wanted to and would have proceeded further if the area there was not so crowded. So he remained where he was and patiently waited.

Several minutes later Aiyora came out with a packet and headed straight towards the cash register. And while she was paying other ladies in the store started to whisper and make fuss about his presence but Kaname remained too distracted to notice... that was until a voice called him out from behind...

"Onii-sama...?" he froze. His head trying it's best to figure out how she noticed him.

"What are you doing here?" she asked once he faced her.

"What are you doing here?" he asked back. Answering a question with another question. A signature Kuran Kaname trait.

"Shopping!" Aiyora answered raising her bag as proof and right then she realized. "...wait a minute- are you following me!?"

Her question threw him off guard and made him look every bit like a thief who got caught stealing. Aiyora was no fool, she figured out and flashed him an 'I see what you're up to' smile. Her confidence further added to his anxiousness. His intention was not bad, he was just trying to look out for her. Certainly he did not want her to misunderstand. Therefore to keep his image clean he opened his mouth and ended up saying the last thing he should have said.

"I needed to make an urgent purcha-" Aiyora cut him off before he could even finish.

"Here...?" she pointed her finger at the store, suppressing her laughter "...you needed to make urgent purchase here! So what are you buying? If you're here to purchase underwear, congratulations you're standing in the very department. But if you need sanitary pads and tampons they're located to your right and sex-toys are to your left, over there."

"What are you taking about?" he asked, confused.

"I'm just trying to help you. I'm sure you are here to buy one of the items I mentioned. Otherwise what urgent purchase can you make at a woman's intimate shop...!?" she smirked towards the end.