Chapter 8

Takuma:

"Is there anything you need Ruka-san?"

The female almost jumped on her spot. She turned to face the person who called her out. Her faced was flushed. She looked no less than a child who just got caught trying to steal. But here is the thing...she may not have been stealing but getting caught loitering before the pureblood's chamber by the vice dorm president was probably a bigger crime. If her conduct is misunderstood as spying then the consequences could be far more dangerous.

"Oh Takuma-sama, I just need an audience with Kaname-sama." Ruka tried her best to keep up that confident face but the blush of her face did not go unnoticed by the vice president. However, he acted mature and overlooked the matter. He saw no reason to embarrass the girl for bearing weakness towards her superior.

"Unfortunately Kaname is not in at the moment. Is there anything I could assist you with?"

All her excitement died down instantly and a wave of disappointment washed over her face.

"No...its fine." Sadness laced within her voice.

"Alright then, but if you have any problems or queries in the future feel free to come and see me; in Kaname's absence I am the one in charge."

"Thank you for the generous offer Takuma-sama. I shall head back to my room." She bowed slightly. "See you in class."

"See you in class Ruka-san."

A sigh left the blonde's lips while he continued to watch the ash-blonde haired girl's retreating figure vanishing into the darkness.

Takuma may not have had the chance to interact with this female a lot but he was very much aware of who she was. After all her feelings for his best friend is actually one of the most talked about gossip among the members of the night class. And it got double the juicier since the night Kaname drank her blood. People here already started to make various speculations. Some even stooped as low as to brand the girl as the Kaname's mistress while some others gave her even filthier name.

In his opinion Takuma couldn't find it in him to blame this girl. She acted on her feelings and there was nothing or with that.

Another sigh left his lips.

It all looked so complicated. First there is Yuuki-his destiny, Aiyora-his fiancée and Ruka-his admired. At this point Takuma deeply hoped and prayed that Kaname knew what he was doing. Otherwise soon it would get a whole lot messier.

Yuki:

Just as the gates of the moon dormitory opened the fangirls that crowded in front of the gate stood in two straight lines. Looking no less disciplined as the military. They left enough space in the middle for the member of the night class to pass easily.

The sight made Cross Yuuki, the female prefect sigh out of relief. As long as these girls were not pouncing onto the night class or create any sort of chaos it was all right. Quite often Yuuki wondered why they had to be here in the first place, when the girls always turned civil the moment the gates opened. Then again she also understood the headmasters reasons, desperate fangirl are never to be trusted. Which probably was also the reason why the headmaster only chose her and her childhood friend Zero for this difficult task? Keeping the day class away from the night, the responsibility of this risky task he only preferred to put on his children's shoulders. Hence why he always refused to add new members to the disciplinary committee despite Zero's constant rant and complain.

He feared that one little mishap could change everything. Even tiniest drop of blood spill could ruin it all and end up revealing the biggest secret of the school, which was... the night-class did not made up of ordinary human students like the day class...every single member of the night class were vampires!