Chapter 46

"I'm home now!"

Senri declared his arrival soon as he entered his home and found his mother sitting at the bottom of the stairs. She appeared lost, looking at nothing in particular. Her state completely miserable. The clothes adorning her body looked dirty, her hair was unkempt.

It made him wonder when was the last time she bathed.

The moment Shiki Midori realized her son has returned home she ran to him crying and threw herself into his arms.

"Senri... Senri..."

"I'm home mother. So please relax." As she hugged him, he took notice of her condition from up close which had been promoted from being bad to worse.

"Please brush your hair mother. The fans you had during your prime time would cry seeing you like this."

It hurt his pride to see his once famous actress mother fall into such pathetic condition.

He instructed the maid who came to retrieve his suitcase to take his mother give her a proper bath.

Once she was bathed and put into fresh set of clothes Senri sat her down before the dresser and brushed her hair.

"You look more like that savage brute everyday." She noticed after carefully observing him through her hand-mirror that was handed to her by her son to keep her mind distracted while he worked on fixing her hair.

"Really?! I hardly remember what my father actually looks like."

"Where did you learn to brush hair like that? Has Kuran Kaname taught you?"

"No."

"How is he doing after all that has happened?"

"He is doing fine."

"Are you sure? I thought his reputation was ruined. Although people don't talk about it out loud but there are whispers that he raped that witch."

"Please don't refer to Ai-chan like that."

"But she is a witch. A witch that devours powerful men."

"Mother please!"

"I warned Kaname-sama that day. Told him again and again to finish her off once and for all. But he didn't listen. That foolish man."

"Mother." This time he warned.

For a moment Midori paused but soon started speaking again, this time it was a different topic.

"Yesterday, my uncle told me to send you over for a visit."

Senri sighed, and didn't bother to hide how irritated he was.

"You can't defy him... after all he is from the senate." She stood up and turned to her son. Only to embrace him tightly and nuzzle his neck. "You just came home, you don't have to go now. But when you do... come back quickly and feed your starving mother some of your blood... I will be waiting." She placed a quick kiss at the crook of his neck before biting down.

"You're so greedy... but alright." He said monotonously while his mother continued to greedily devour him.

      *****************************************

A week later:

The black limousine drove through the empty streets. Inside, the three individual sat quietly. The purebloods sat side by side and Seiran occupied the seat opposite to them. While the rest were still at the Aidou villa, Kaname took Aiyora and Seiran and headed for the Kuran manor to finish up some outstanding work.