Chapter 64

Now that the cat was out of the bag, it was time to make the formal announcement.

However, the announcement was made only where it was needed to be made.

Due to lack of time in hand the Hanadagi family which included Aiyora's grandmother, uncle and mother, had received the news via phone call. Although Layla had prior knowledge on the matter, but acted oblivious. The Shiki residence was yet to be informed. It's just that Aiyora didn't want to inform them over the phone.

As for the aristocrats who were staying with them, the announcement was made at the dinner table.

Aiyora broke the news herself.

And soon after the dining hall was engulfed in heavy silence. Everyone looked at the youngest Kuran like she grew another head on her shoulder.

In their defence, they were all caught off guard by the news. A pureblood going to university for education was unheard off. As a matter of fact, it was their first time hearing something like this. Even children of reputable noble families didn't set foot on university campus. It's not like they didn't receive higher level education. They definitely did! But not by going to campus. As it was filled with human and regular vampire. In their case big name professors were brought home to educate them.

"If this what you believe to best for you, then who are we to stand on the way. Many heartfelt congratulations from me." Akatsuki was the one who took the initiative to break the silence and offer her his sincere congratulations.

Ruka followed suit. Actually she went extra mile by going up to the pureblood and embracing her. Her action shocked Yuuki. As she didn't take the blonde aristocrat to be someone touchy-feely.

After Ruka it was Seiran, and after Seiran it was Hanabusa. Who grudgingly walked up to Aiyora and straight up told her not to leave Kaname. Then kept going on presenting many reasons as to why this was a wrong time for her to leave.

Only after she was done dealing with a brooding Hanabusa, the blue eyed pureblood finally turned to Yuuki; who has been patiently waiting for her turn for sometime.

The older Kuran cautiously walked up to the younger one and the two hugged. Their previous altercation left behind and safe to say, forgotten.

Despite offering her congratulations, Yuuki didn't seem very fond of the idea of Aiyora leaving the manor for such a long time. She expressed her concern as to how bored she would get at home without her. Aiyora rolled her eyes, amused. Yuuki isn't the first person not in favour of the idea. Aidou Hanabusa is veteran member of that club. But unlike Yuuki, he didn't make it about himself. He wanted Aiyora to stay back for a different matter entirely. Which was why Aiyora didn't get irritated with him, the way she was starting to get irritated with Yuuki.

In any case, Aiyora never took the other pureblood seriously. Although it sounds harsh, but the truth is, to Aiyora— Yuuki and her very existence has become a purpose of entertainment.

As expected, Kaname remained absent at the dinner. He has locked himself up in his room and hasn't come out ever since he handed Aiyora the signed form.

But as a gesture of gratitude Aiyora didn't want him to miss out on the dinner she had prepared to celebrate. So she sent the dishes over to his room.

Only, it retuned completely untouched.

Which didn't effect Aiyora much. Her brain reasoned not to take offence. If he wanted space to clear his head, he could have it, because she had no desire to poke the fire and ignite further flame.

oOo

Days passed with continuation of Kaname's sulking. Initially he didn't leave his room, unless he had to get out of the manor. Then eventually he showed signs of improvement. Joined during dinner and started to interact with others, except Aiyora. She still kept getting the cold shoulder.