Chapter 18

Temptation is a sin that brings out dangerous short term desires, which in turn threatens long term goal.

Like humans and every other speeches, vampires also feel the urge to give into the desires. It is a natural instinct for all that cannot be ignored. However for the creatures of darkness who are actually beasts in human form, for them, these feelings are actually a lot stronger and intense when compared to any other living beings walking this earth. The way a vampire's body experiences desire if even an ounce of that it put on a human body they would probably go on a rampage.

And interestingly the higher the vampire's rank, the stronger their urge. But the good news is that higher ranked vampires such a pureblood are usually voided of emotions. Which is why it takes a lot for them feel tempted. Hence why it isn't so simple to coax them in through mere manipulation. But somehow if it is done... if a pureblood vampire does feel the temptation which indicates that vampire is standing dangerously close to the edge.

And that was his situation now... as he felt unusually and abnormally thirsty...

It was easy to put the blame on lady Shiki's shoulder and Kaname wanted to do that more than anything. After all, this mess has begun since his last visit to the Shiki residence. But doing that would mean he has become so weak and frail to be so easily manipulated by a mentally unstable woman, who stood way below in rank than him.

The pureblood reminded himself again and again, constantly every moment. That it was nothing. He felt nothing. But just as he looked in the mirror, all changed. Reality came crashing down. Those glowing red eyes now stood as evidence of the intense bloodlust. It was the sign that clearly stated he wasn't fine. Something was indeed happening to him. And for sure he was feeling something...

Kaname splashed iced-cold water onto his face several times and looked up at the mirror again. It served him some bit of relief. Even though the hue of his pupil remained unchanged.

He then proceeded to undo the button of his shirt, one by one it opened up revealing the expanse of his chest, then full torso. He stepped into the shower and turned the tap fully to the right. The glowing crimson orbs closed down and a quiet sigh left his lips the moment the freezing cold water made contact with his skin. Even if wasn't the permanent solution it still served temporarily relief... from this agonizing feeling of the dry-itch that constantly kept scratching his throat.

In that moment, standing under the cold shower the Kuran heir found himself at a helpless situation. He felt unsure of what to do. If it was indeed her presence that was causing him so much discomfort then it's probably best to keep her at distance.

For the next few days Kaname avoided Aiyora like she was some kind of a plague. He went to great lengths to stay clear off her path. Recently, most of his time was spent outside of the moon-dorm. He was either away on business or in class. And after class went straight to the chairman's office for hour long meetings.

After all there were a lot that needed to be discussed with the former hunter especially regarding the day class student Kisaragi Fuuka. As the chairman of the academy and the one in charge of the day class, Cross Kaien needed to be notified about the current situation that has been going on and the night class's involvement in it.

The other night Fuuka bit her room-mate Kanae, then ran to the moon dorm seeking help. Knowing such incidents will repeat Kaname took her in without hesitation. More importantly her presence now possess a threat to the humans in day class. Her friend Kanae may have gotten lucky and survived, but what are the chances that the next victim will? And now that Fuka is technically a vampire the headmaster made no objection to Kaname's decision.

.

.

.

So far the strategy seemed to move with smooth flow.