Chapter 57

Meanwhile, back at the academy:

A districted Yuuki stood in the middle of the burned down jungle watching the sun dormitory.

"And you Yuuki, must do what you must do."

Kaname's words rang through her mind once again as a reminder.

"...What I must do!" The pureblood mumbled to herself still in that dazed state. Like she was memorizing his instructions.

In the midst of her thought Yuuki's eyes suddenly turned wide when she vaguely sensed a presence behind. Startled, the pureblood turned, only to come face to face with two of level-E vampires.

Immediately, Yuuki reached for the gun she was carrying, but then remembered her promise to Zero and put it back. He gave her this gun with the intent to finish him off when he ultimately loses his sanity. Therefore it should be reserved for him.

So instead she opted to use her powers... or at least tried to.

Closing her eyes Yuuki willed for her powers to manifest within her. Some small to tiny pieces of rocks started to rise up from the ground but that hardly made a difference to the level-Es that were about to charge at her.

Fortunately for her, only seconds later they were nothing but pile of ashes falling to the ground.

Yuuki looked to find Hanabusa, Seiran, Akatsuki and Ruka. Seiran was the one who used her pocket knives to cut off those level-Es.

"Hey what are you doing?! Why didn't you try to use your artemis on them?" Ruka exclaimed, angrily.

Yuuki looked away in shame. "I'm unable to use that right now."

That's when Hanabusa suddenly remembered. "What about that anti-vampire gun?"

"I don't want to use it here. It's being saved for another purpose."

Ruka and Akatsuki shared a quick glance in utter disbelief before joining others to frown with them.

"Well then, it's best for you to stay hidden." Akatsuki tried to apply solution to the situation in hand. "After all you've only just awakened. Trying to fight now without a legit weapon, would only be reckless and rash."

"THAT MAYBE TRUE BUT I REALLY WANT TO FIGHT!" Yuuki argued, despite knowing that the Kain heir had a legit point. Because she didn't want to sit tight and do nothing while others fought her battle. She wanted to help! She wanted to be useful.

"Fine! Then let me put it to you in another way. Yuuki-sama I implore you, please stop behaving with such petulance. It is not helping. If anything you're becoming a burden on us."

Ruka told Yuuki blatantly and looked away from her, irritated. She was already getting sick of this newly awakened vampire's naivety and unintentional bratty attitude.

Although by no means was Yuuki a brat. In fact she meant well, she wanted to be helpful. However a certain someone had already sprayed fuel to the fire burning inside those nobles.

"Ruka-senpai, I didn't mean to—"

Seiran cut in to explain to calmly. "Kaname-sama has also given us orders to protect you from danger at all cost."

Yuuki looked down in deep thought. She too was getting a little frustrated inside. She didn't want to be coddled. So this time she decided to go for a more subtle approach.

"Just let me go, please." Yuuki pleaded. Holding onto her ground.

But that didn't help much as the group kept up their disappointed face. Until Seiran decided to elaborate the depth of the danger in detail.