Chapter 5

"Where are you taking me?" Aiyora asked, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"You have special guest Aiyora-sama." The head of the Shiki family who was leading her towards the library told her.

"Then why is Senri-chan not coming?" Sayatohi knitted his brows. He was upset about all these arrangement and her wasn't helping as a matter of fact it really annoyed him. Aiyora however remained oblivious about his current mood since all she could see was his back.

"...because they are your guest Aiyora-sama, not Senri's." he lowly growled through gritted teeth trying his best not lose cool with the young pureblood.

When the door to the library opened Aiyora found herself facing three strangers. That was her initial thought, but soon enough she realized there was only one who, she was meeting for the first time. It was the young blonde male with forest green eyes.

The rest of the two she already knew. One was the president of the vampire council Asoto Ichijo with whom she met not too long ago and the other one, the only brunette among the two blonde was...was her...he was her...

"Aiyora...!" Her world stopped. Her mouth gaped, head started to spin.

The brunette flashed her, a tender closed-eyed smile.

"...Onii-sama!?" She finally acknowledged him, still not believing her eyes fully. How could she...? When he never bothered to show up for once in the past years when she needed him the most.

The tone in which Aiyora's called him out surprised most. First of all it was very unwelcoming second there was no excitement in her voice. The only detectable emotion that was present was hesitance. She was hesitating, when she should have been excited upon mere sight of him. One thing became loud and clear to all that Kaname Kuran's presence barely had in affected in the little Kuran's life.

Being the older one Kaname decided to take the matter into his own hands.

"Aiyora...?" the older pureblood took a step towards her, which resulted in the little one taking two step backwards and seek shelter behind Sayatohi Shiki's legs.

The tension in the air grew. It was clear that her actions made the pureblood a little upset, although he was trying his best to keep it masked.

To settle down the atmosphere Takuma's grandfather intervened. He marched towards Aiyora, tenderly pulled ehrbout of her hiding and spoke in a light hearted tone.

"It appears Aiyora-sama is very shy today?" And it worked, his voice actually relaxed Aiyora's tensed figure. She let go her tight grip on the Shiki lord's pant and gave out a shy-nervous smile at Ichio.

"Come let me introduce you to my grandson." Ichio extended his hand in invitation that Aiyora hesitantly accepted.

Kaname kept his expression neutral and watched as Ichio led Aiyora towards Takuma. Who in fact got on his knees to adjust himself to her height and introduced himself. His tender nature made her at ease. Aiyora took an instant liking towards Takuma. The wide grin of her face told it all.

After a while of chatting with Takuma and showing him all around the manor when Aiyora completely relaxed that is when Ichio decided to intervene again and this time decided to introduce her to Kaname in a formal manner.

This time Kaname took her by hand and guided her towards the couch. Instead of making her sit beside him like other's expected, he made her sit on his lap.