Chapter 24

The half siblings came out of the ice-cream shop hand in hand. Senri picked a berry flavored popsicle for himself and Aiyora had a scoop of blueberry ice-cream on cone.

They continued to walk the streets passing people, shops, alleys. Lost in the momentary bliss. For Senri, this time away from the academy was crucial. Because it was the only time when his Ai-chan was solely his and his alone. There was no Kuran Kaname nor any of his dirty tricks to lure Aiyora into his grasp.

Although nothing was said out loud, but by now it was becoming an open secret. The people in the moon dorm were starting to suspect the pureblood siblings of conducting some form of sexual affair. Several saw the dorm president visit his sister at inappropriate hour; there are others who saw her do the same. However the matter is not considered as scandalous since the two are already engaged to be married in the future. That was the biggest advantage that Kuran Kaname had, he was her freaking fiancé. In their male dominating society that is a free pass for almost anything. Even if the pureblood ever forced himself on Aiyora, there are plenty of people who will blame her for the matter, accuse her of not tending to his need properly. Instead of calling him out for a heinous action.

Regardless of whatever was going on between her and that smug Kuran, with him (Senri) Aiyora always remained the same. Her innocence still intact and well preserved. Which was why every time they were away from the accursed academy the peaceful and relieved he felt.

"... there is something I must tell you." Aiyora spoke up suddenly. Her words broke not just the silence but also the bliss. As the Shiki heir already guessed what topic was coming up.

"Spill it." Senri braced himself for what was to come. It has been a while since the purebloods stopped interacting in private. Now he hoped it came to full stop not just a temporary pause. All this time he had several chances to ask her about it. All such questions that basically translated to what was going on and why did it stop? But he never asked and instead waited for her to speak of the matter in her own terms.

...and finally that time has arrived... Which was now!

"Kaname onii-sama offered me a deal."

She did exactly what he asked her to do, she spilled. Aiyora did not know what better way she could put it. So she took on his advice and straight up blurted it out.

Senri may have kept his usual cool face upfront but his rate sped up. The information made his blood run cold. Kuran Kaname offering her a deal! Now that can't be anything good.

"Is that why your interactions with him suddenly paused...?" he could not stop himself from asking.

"That is one way to put it."

"So, what kind of a deal?" He dared ask.

"To lift up all secrets..."

"Secrets?" the model arched an eyebrow.

"...all secrets between him and I. ...But, in exchange for my blood." He saw the way she bit her lip towards the end. Whether it was done out of guilt or worry he wasn't so sure. But he was about to find out.

"Wow he sounds pretty desperate." The comment left his mouth instantly.

"I know right..."

"So...have you given a thought about it?" he felt frightened asking that.

"Yes..."

"Made a decision...?" his heart thumped louder.

"Not yet... although I want to be clear about everything. However I'm still not comfortable to give what he has asked for in return."