Chapter 16

"I sincerely apologize. It was not my intention to disturb you at such early hour. However I certainly hope that you will understand my reasoning... The matter is quite personal and of importance. And there aren't many here whom I can trust regarding this situation."

The cousins Souen Ruka and Aidou Hanabusa shared a quick worried glance amongst themselves. Both of them were equally worried, not for themselves but for their pureblood leader. He isn't the type who would disturb others unless the matter was quite urgent. And if he being the pureblood was worried for something, then as aristocrats its their first and foremost duty to relieve him of those tension! That was the exact same view these two cousins shared.

"Please Kaname-sama do not embarrass us by apologizing. We –aristocrats are here to serve you. So please do not hesitate, feel free to command." Hanabusa was the one that spoke and beside him, Ruka nodded her head showing her approval.

A small, barely noticeable smirk curled up the corner of the pureblood's lips. Now he is fully assured that he made the right choice, picked the right candidate. Sometime the Kuran heir himself found it amusing as to how blinded these two in particular were, when it came to anything regulating him.

They were so blinded by him they failed to see the real scenario. If there would have been another person present, say someone like Kain Atatsuki then he would have right away realized that there was no need for any sort of relieving; as the pureblood vampire was under no stress to begin with. After all who in stress sprawls over the divan in such relaxed fashion and sip his wine like he is enjoying some leisure time.

"The matter is involving Aiyora..."

The two aristocrat cousins standing before him shared another look amongst each other.

Then instead of inquiring what it was regarding. The Souen girl said something... odd.

"Your sister, you mean."

For some reason she felt the intense need to point out this detail... as if it made a very big deal. So she specified. As in her heart, she wanted to believe that was the only relationship the two Kuran shared.

"No, I meant my fiancée," now it was Kaname's turn to correct her. And he was savagely direct, and did not just stop there "...the girl who will become my wife... after coming off the right age."

Even though he was speaking to both but his eyes remained glued only on the female. Like this information was only meant for her to hear. And how could those words not bring a reaction? Ruka's form visibly stiffed. The words out of the pureblood's mouth stabbed her. It didn't only break her heart but also harshly pulled her out of the slumber where she could have colorful dreams about him.

"Anyway... Aiyora will not be joining the night class, yet. ...I want her to mature a little more before. Which is why I would like to ask you both to look after her, guide her, tutor her and prepare her as the pureblood princess she is expected to be."

"Of course." Hanabusa complied right away.

Ruka on the other hand kept her gaze down. She did not want to do this. Hanabusa may be delighted to help him. So was she, but in this sector... it was very hard.

"You do not have to do it, if you don't want to. I will find a replacement in time."

The Pureblood told her, directly looking at her. He sensed her discomfort long before, but of course wasn't going to do anything about it; as it was not his business. Those were her feelings, thus it was her personal matter.

"Kaname-sama it will be my honor."

"Thank you, Ruka!" he gave her a smile. And that smile killed her internally, instantly.