chapter 10

Kaname returned again...

This time only within three days after the night of promise for a fresh start. However unlike last time, this time he did not come empty handed. He brought her fresh flowers, a small stuffed animal and a box of expensive imported chocolate. He made sure to come looking every bit of a Romeo from a romance novel as possible!

Kuran Kaname standing by the door with hands full of presents for her...!

It was an image that she found to be quite strange, something completely unfit for him. No, that was not exactly correct. Rather, it was an image that she wasn't actually used to, thus the reason why is appeared so strange to her. The latter reason is actually more accurate. After all when has he ever brought her anything? So many birthdays, New Year, sibling days and many other occasions have passed during which he only gave her one thing...his absence. And now his sudden desperate forceful attempt made it not only hard but at the same time quite awkward.

"Do you not like the presents that I have brought for you?"

She winced as his voice pulled her out of the train of thoughts.

"There was no need for all these...but thanks anyway." She replied politely.

He flashed her a kind smile, though inside he was offended.

The girl did not give two shits to his presents. She simply accepted and shoved them to the arms of a passing by maid before he could even blink his eyes. But for now that was not important. These opinion should be saved for later. All that mattered was that she at least accepted them with a smile rather than throwing it into the garbage.

She invited him in for tea and biscuit, in the library. Like usual they chatted for some time before it was time for his return. However tonight he had other plans. It wasn't just going to end there with presents and their usual talks in the library...

That evening he also took her out for dinner despite her wish otherwise.

It was their first date and Kaname wished to make no compromise in the matter. He took her to one of the finest restaurants in town. Where they spent the rest of the night in each other's company.

Although from far it looked like they were having quite the time of their life but from up close the distance between them was visible. One could easily tell how much afford they were putting in order to enjoy the other's presence. However the cruel twist of fate was that in the eyes of a third party it was Aiyora who would look more like cold heartless one than Kaname because unlike him she wasn't acting or pretending. Her actions were all real and genuine.

...

They continued to roam the mall with him holding her small hand with his large one in a firm grip.

Kaname was back at the Shiki residence once again within that same week. To make up for that boring dinner date, this time he had to come up with something interesting and exciting that no female shall be able to resist. Thus, this time he took his little fiancée for a type of treat that every girl on the face of this earth craves for... shopping!

But the budget...?

There was none. Besides when has ever money been an issue for any members of the Kuran family? She was free to spend to her heart's content. But there was one tini-tiny problem...Aiyora wasn't showing interest in anything, she just quietly followed him like an obedient child.

"Isn't there anything that you fancy?" Kaname asked her calmly but his mind was close to its edge. He was on the verge of losing his patience. It is the cost of going from one to another for the last several hours.