Chapter 54

Headmaster Cross Kaien and the ethics lecturer Yagari Touga stood before the school building, watching the premises helplessly.

"This academy is no longer the safe heaven I had once hoped for..." The blonde man spoke solemnly.

A strong emotion of sadness was reflected in Kaien's honey coloured orbs. It was hard for him to watch the academy in its current condition. This academy— a school where both vampires and humans can attend together and set example of peaceful co-existence was his dearest friend Kuran Juuri's vision. A vision which was later turned to reality by Kaien himself and Juuri's son Kaname.

But watching the academy in its current state only served as a reminder that their hard work has shattered to the ground.

Cross wasn't ready to give up... not yet. But for the safety of the day class students, the pacifist ideology needed to be put to pause for the time being.

He turned to Yagari and with a heavy heart gave the command.

"Let the day class students know, they must go home immediately!"

     ******************************************

The blood on Kuran Rido's body was circling like a tornado. It was closing up all wounds, speeding up his resurrection.

Takuma and Ichiru stayed in, watching.

But the Ichijou heir had a change of mind after a while. Walking back to the bed he picked up his roommate's body.

"I'm taking Senri. Rido-sama wouldn't need him anymore." He told Ichiru.

"Do as you wish." The human retorted.

Just as the door closed, the silver haired boy untied his hair and brought Shizuku's bell ribbon to his lips. The chiming sound that it produced made his heart skip a beat. Always did! As it reminded him of the female pureblood... like she was with him.

Shizuka-sama... it's almost that time, please wait a little longer.

Takuma left with Senri. But his departure had no effect on Ichiru. The latter remained, eagerly waiting for the man in the coffin to awaken.

      ******************************************

Takuma took Senri to Aiyora's room and laid him down on the divan that was placed by the fireplace.

His heart broke to see Senri like. The innocent bystander who got caught in the battle of power. And no one could do anything! Takuma had never felt so useless. What was he even good for? He had let both Aiyora and Kaname down and failed to protect Senri, whom he had looked at as little brother.

But this initial failure gave him a new strength. A strength to fight back and undo all his mistakes.

"Truth is Kaname is the progenitor of the Kuran clan. But to me, he's my dear old friend. Just like you Shiki and Aiyora-chan." Takuma spoke. Somehow childishly hoping that his words would reach the unconscious vampire.

He then closed his eyes momentarily and recalled some memories of the sweet old times. Once those green eyes reopened, they opened with determination.

"Shiki I'm sorry, I know I should have done this much sooner but I didn't and you ended up in this state because of it. I want to stay by your side, but now I must go and do what I have to do... I must end this curse."

He waited there another moment before finally making his exit.

About a minute after Takuma's exit the door opened once again. This time it was Aiyora who walked in. She has heard everything that Ichijou said, as she was leaning against the wall all this time, listening.