Chapter 19

Hanabusa kept watching the former human closely. Very closely. Like he was memorizing her.

Fuuka felt his stare, and the intensity of those gaze made her feel uncomfortable. But she tried her best not to show. She wished he wouldn't look at her with such worried eyes. It added to her guilt, made her feel like burden on his shoulder.

Now she regrets! With every cell in her body Kisaragi Fuuka regrets breaking the rule that night and sneaking into the moon-dorm. For now her only consolation is –everything happens for a reason. If she didn't feel bold enough that night and break the rule, she wouldn't have met her beloved Kuran-sempai, nor would she have befriended the night class and nor would she have known what a wonderful soul Aidou-sempai is. Although at first she found him a bit annoying but over the time she has come to admire this guy more than she should...

"You're eyes are squinting." Fuuka snapped back hearing that concerned voice. She faced the vampire and beam him a grin, assuring him she was fine. But her actions could not fool him as he clearly saw through her struggle.

"Is the sunlight making you uncomfortable?" he pressed.

Her heart warmed. He cared; and that's all that mattered.

"Trust me, I feel fine." She lied, oblivious to the fact that he could read through her, see her discomfort and notice her agony.

"Let's go inside." He took her by the hand and walked back inside.

Aiyora sighed...

The more she watched, the more her blood boiled.

Overtime Hanabusa and Fuuka grew so close that one can easily mistake them for a couple.

And how did the night class react to this?

Well...the members of the night class divided into three groups. Ones that looked down on the aristocrat's closeness to the former day class student. Ones that were genuinely concerned for him, thinking about the possibility of him developing feelings for the girl and ultimately suffering a massive heartbreak as a result. And the last group that minded their own business, those were the ones who could care less.

Kuran Kaname, Shiki Senri and Touya Rima actually were among the ones that belonged to the last group. The vice president Ichijo, and Kain Akatsuki belonged to the second group that was concerned for the Aidou heir. Souen Ruka belonged to the first group that was looking down on her cousin, for his sudden growing closeness to the former human – who will soon fall into the lowest standard.

Kuran Aiyora however was a strange combination of both first and second group. On one hand she was genuinely concerned for her teacher/friend but at the same time she was not too happy about that fact that he was giving his heart to someone who will soon be a level-e.

Usually Aioyra is a sucker for romance, especially the forbidden love kind. She loved the idea of two people falling deeply in love and having their happy ending. But in this case she felt very differently. First of there is no future for these two.

Because:

A) Hanabusa is the solo male heir of the Aidou family; and a high ranking aristocratic family like his would never accept a former human as their only son's mate.

B) She will soon fall to level-E. There is no way to stop that, unless you can get her to drink the blood of the pureblood that bit her – which is close to impossible.

C) He maybe infatuated with her now. But what happens when the monster growing inside finally takes over? One can't love a monster. That is simply impossible. Take cult classic 'Beauty and Beast' for example, even there by the end the beast turns into a handsome prince. Not the other way around!