Chapter 32

Aiyora examined the deep cut on Senri's forehead. It was fresh, deep and wasn't healing at the pace it should be healing.

Takuma and Rima stood behind quietly and watched by the pureblood do the work of a nurse.

"How did this happen?" Aiyora inquired licking clean his wound.

"If his wound isn't healing, does it means Shiki will come to my birthday party looking like a zombie?" Takuma joked to lighten the atmosphere.

"If you're trying to joke too bad... it's wasn't funny." His roommate retorted.

"Your birthday party is still a week away." Rima reminded the vice president. Who recently have been quite stressed out about that.

"Oh come on he'll be fine way before. Even humans heal in a week." Aiyora added before asking the Shiki heir once again, how he sustained the injury.

"Your fiancé cracked the ceiling over my head."

His statement made the room go quiet. Everyone in there tensed. The jolly mood immediately died down. Aiyora turned, to share a concerned look with Takuma. Which in turn prompted the blonde to ask his roommate...

"What did you do to make Kaname react like that, Shiki? I have known him for a very long time, he isn't an irrational person."

"I may have told him... about the kiss." The younger male admitted avoiding his roommate and work-partner's curious gaze.

"What kiss?!"

"That's not important!" Aiyora quickly jumped in and cut off Takuma.

"For now let's focus on his wound. It's not a small scrap from the rubble. I think he used his power and deliberately caused this injury. ...Stay still Ri-chan, i'll try to heal it using my powers."

Rima looked the other way the moment Aiyora's lips came into contact with the wound on Senri's forehead. The wound closed up faster after the pureblood used her ability and healed him.

"Rest now. Try to get some sleep if possible. You have shoot in the morning...right?" He nodded yes.

"Then sleep now! You won't get enough if you wait until dawn." Aiyora helped him lay down and covered him up with the thick comforter.

"I'll see you in the morning before you leave."

As Aiyora was exiting Takuma offered to walk her to her room. The two vampires walked out one after another. However, Rima remained.

She waited until Aiyora's footsteps faded away... and then finally spoke.

"Why are you so reckless Shiki? You must learn take care of yourself more."

"What did I do Rima?"

"She's the dorm president's fiancée, you can't kiss her. What were you thinking?"

"But I love her!"

The expression on her face changed to a look of irritation. While her hands on her sides fisted tightly, as she tried to fight off the growing anger.

"She's not worth it."

Senri who had his eyes closed all this time finally reopened them. He attempted to retort back, but noticed, she was already gone.

                             ***********

They were silently walking along the dark corridor, side by side. Aiyora was lost in her thought whereas the person beside her was cautiously observing.

It was when they almost made it to her door, the blonde spoke up.

"Aiyora-chan, now do understand what I was trying to explain that day?"