Chapter 17

The night felt cooler than usual.

Fuuka pulled the thick coat she was wearing together to prevent herself from freezing. She was only steps away from the moon-dorm when she stood proudly before the front gate. From now on she would not have pull out stunts like the one she did before and climb the wall like a thief. This time she was going in as a gust, who has been invited. Although it sounded unbelievable but it has actually happened, the students of the night class have actually invited her. The beautiful Souen Ruka, the cool and composed Kain Akatsuki and the charming Ichijo Takuma all of whom, who escorted her to the gate last time showed eagerness to meet her again.

Once inside the grand premises she walked slower, trying not to disturb anyone. But then the thought came to her – are they even done with their classes? Maybe they are after all its too late at night. But what if they are sleeping...!? This would be so embarrassing.

Now standing just outside the door the day class girl kept internally debating. Whether to knock or just return back. But then again did she come all the way here just to turn back? No, obviously not. Just the moment Fuuka raised her hand to knock on the door, the door opened on its own and a figure suddenly appeared before her.

"Good! You've come." Ruka answered the door to welcome her in.

The day class student gulped, nervously. There is no turning back now. She realized while following the blonde night class student inside.

Inside, the dorm breathed a nice, homey warmth. Fuuka was taken aback; how luxurious it was! Something that you don't usually see unless you enter a mansion of some aristocratic family. However it made sense, since night class consisted of people from elite families all over the world. The interior had a touch of Victorian era design. The ceiling was high and hanging from that high ceiling was a grand chandelier. Just through the gate was a large lobby with a big round staircase in the corner.

Ruka told Fuuka to take a seat and went upstairs. Leaving the latter behind to look here and there, inspecting the place. The girl had difficulty in deciding which couch to sit on before reluctantly sitting on the one across from the stairs.

After a while Ruka came down with Ichijou, Kain and Aidou.

"Good evening Fuuka, it's good to see you." Ichijou gave her a bright smile.

"Good evening to you all. ...I hope it's not a bother that I showed up this late at night. ...It's only because I was invited, so I thought I might come and well, here I am." She got up and bowed politely.

"I had a feeling you would come, which was why I ended the class early." Ichijou kept his smile intact.

"Relax, you're in our house," Kain cut in abruptly, in a hard tone that seemed to fit him perfectly. "...and you came after being invited by us. So there is nothing to worry about."

"Please take a seat, " Ichijou gestured, "...and enjoy the snacks."

A maid appeared from behind him with a large tray full of cookies, Danishes and desserts and tea. Inside Fuuka began to feel nervous as the small, clandestine night party started. While the rest were offering food and tea, Fuuka took this chance to sneak a glance at the other blonde, Aidou Hanabusa. He was the only one who hasn't opened his mouth since sitting down on the sofa. It surprised the day class girl. Despite his friendly and flirty appearance outside during switchover, he turned out to be completely different... Fuuka also noticed that Kaname was nowhere in sight. It sadden her a little since her very reason for this visit was so that she could see him again.

Ruka noticed her soft sigh and inquired what was bothering. "Is something wrong?"

"Um... well... I was just wondering where K-Kuran sempai was. Is he resting?" Fuuka whispered, intending for only Ruka to hear them (as she was the only sitting beside and closest to her) but somehow it seemed to reach the ears of everyone in the room. And they all froze. In an instant the warm lobby turned cold as ice.