Chapter 9

Since Shiki Senri's abrupt visit to the Shiki mansion months prior, the night class had been dealing with its own level of drama. That resulted in increased tension between the president and his cousin. The intensity of which was now noticeable to most.

Every now and then as they crossed path be it on the way to class or inside the dorm, be it lobby or dinner table no matter the place and time their eyes always clashed in long cold glare. There wasn't any exchange of words, just powerful eye contact where one tried to take the other down followed by deep frowning face and the end result was release of dark aura that was not only suffocating but nauseating too.

During the early days of the night class, when it was first established it appeared as though the cousins did not care about the others presence but now...it was as if one was disturbed by the other's very existence. Their body language clearly screamed out that they are an obstacle sitting on the others desired path!

No one in the moon dorms really cared about the pureblood glaring down his level-b cousin. He was their leader, the alpha, the unofficial king, the top of the food chain, he could do what he pleased not a soul would dare to stand on his path. But the fact that the Shiki heir was bold and disrespectful enough to glare back at the pureblood in turn pissed of many their peers, especially the ones belonging to the pureblood's inner circle...his loyal followers...more accurately his bitches!

Two mentionable names of the ones who are quite upset with Senri in the recent times are none other than the son of Aidou family, Aidou Hanabusa and the daughter of the Souen family, Souen Ruka. They too never missed out on their chance to harshly glare at the young maroon haired vampire as if warning him to remember his place.

Hanabusa on couple of occasions even tried to lecture him pointing out how rude his recent behaviors were towards his precious Kaname-sama. But Senri simply put those words through one ear and threw it out of the other. Ruka too sent him many warning glares but Senri couldn't be bothered with her. However the vice president and the fiery haired male that always stayed glued to Ruka were a different story. They were not as obsessed with the pureblood as the other two were. And not only that sometimes these two would even stand up in his defense...

...

The night class was getting ready for their session to start.

One by one the students entered and took their designated seats.

Suddenly the air temperate in there dropped, turning the room chilly even for vampires' standard.

Everyone understood right away that the change was the cause of the pureblood's sudden bitter mood. Hanabusa was probably the first to look in the pureblood's direction and noticed the way his eyes narrowed down in glare the moment the models stepped into the classroom.

Feeling the pureblood's eyes burning on him Senri stopped in his tracks and looked up to meet the pureblood in the eye. Not even for a second did the young vampire hesitate to return the stare. If Kuran Kaname could give him the death glare he could return him the same treatment. He wanted to show the pureblood that he wasn't afraid of him- damn the status!

Senri was still at the entrance of the classroom whereas his cousin was already nestled on his throne. Sitting there with an air as if this whole school was owned by him.

"Damn you Shiki-kun!"

Hanabusa gritted his teeth and in his mind cursed the Shiki heir. How dare that kid show such disrespect towards Kaname-sama? It boiled the blood running in his veins. Day by day Senri was starting to behave like that wretched little disgrace of prefect Kiryu. Being a hunter gives Kiryu more of a valid reason to despise the vampires but what reason has Senri got to act this way towards the pureblood the blonde simply could not understand.