Chapter 53

"Wait up Cross Yuuki! No ...I mean Yuuki-sama!" Hanabusa chased after the Kuran princess holding a pair of shoes. "How long do you intend to run barefoot?!"

Listening to that Yuuki abruptly stopped and turned to check her foot.

"Don't tell me... you injured yourself..." the blonde aristocrat's panic level continued to rise.

"I thought I cut the backside of my foot just now."

Colour drained from Aidou's face. "Kaname-sama is going to kill me!"

"I don't care anymore... Just hurry up and put on these shoes!" Realizing how rude that came out, he immediately corrected himself. "I mean please put on your shoes Yuuki-sama." And made sure the honorific 'sama' was emphasized.

Yuuki almost jumped back in surprise. This obedient side of the blonde was yet to settle down with her.

"I never thought a day would come when you'd address me so respectfully, Aidou-senpai. It's quite disturbing and to some extent creepy. Please keep it the way it was like— "Cross Yuuki" or "Hey, you."

"Please forgive me for my earlier rudeness." He said awkwardly.

He then proceeded to grab one of Yuuki's foot, "Anyway, put them on— I mean please put these on." And placed it into the sandal.

"You must return to your room. If you don't return soon, Kaname-sama will be worried."

Hearing her brother's name Yuuki teared up. It was all the pent up emotions that were basically starting to pour out. When Hanabusa noticed the tears droplets dropping to the ground, he quickly looked up and was surprised to find the pureblood crying. It was his first time witnessing something like this...

"You know, for a pureblood to cry in front of others... it is unheard of. I, myself haven't seen anything like this ever before."

Yuuki looked away in disappointment.

"If I'm only allowed to cry in the confound of my own heart, then to me, it would be equivalent to punishment of some sort."

      ***************************************

Kaname came out of the bathroom fully dressed and drying his hair with a small white towel. But the scene he just walked into, left him awestruck.

He swallowed, unknowingly.

It was hard not going closer. Especially when every cell in his body was pushing him otherwise. However he stood at a distance, maintaining few decent feet between them. He didn't want to get too close, he was afraid. Afraid of losing to the evil voice inside him that was trying to lure him towards her.

Aiyora was looking out through the window watching Yuuki and Aidou.

Clad in a baby blue slip dress that Seiran had fetched her, and hair gathered to the right shoulder, Aiyora was a sight to be held. However, even amongst such perfection, the Kuran ancestor's sharp gaze dug out the one tiny flaw. She appeared skinnier. It was something Kaname thought was impossible up until now. As Aiyora hardly has any flesh in her body. She is all skin and bones. He was starting to get worried. It was call for concern.

Kaname cleared his throat to gain her attention. And it worked. She turned instantly.

"Are you wearing the exact same clothes?" It was the first thing she noticed. Aiyora could swear he was wearing the exact same light blue shirt and navy blue pant before he stepped into the bathroom to clean up.

"I happen to own a lot of similar articles of clothing."

"This isn't similar. It's the exact same one."