Chapter 37

Aiyora came up behind Senri and threw her arms around pulling him tightly to her. The plan was to bury her face at the crook of his neck but due to difference in height that prospect remained unfulfilled. However, that doesn't mean she couldn't just hold him while letting her face rest anywhere behind his back.

It's been almost a week since Kaname made the last minute announcement before the switchover where he declared appointing Senri as Aiyora's personal guard. Like most people in that meeting, Aiyora herself received quite the shock. She never expected a move like that from her older brother. Nevertheless she was happy— thinking all trouble is finally coming to end. Starting from now they'll be closer than ever.

Sadly her naive mind failed to understand back then, that the real problem actually lay elsewhere...

"Ri-chan..." she called him happily.

"Why are you whispering when we're the only two individuals in the kitchen."

Aiyora pouted and crunched her brows at how cold he sounded. This wasn't her usual Ri-chan. However, since becoming her bodyguard he hasn't been any better.

"Rude!" She commented crudely after releasing him and walking towards the direction of the refrigerator.

"I'm making grilled cheese sandwich... you want some?"

"...Sure."

Leaning back against the counter Senri quietly watched Aiyora take out all the ingredients from inside the fridge. She was humming a soft tune to herself and slightly swaying those small hips to its own rhythm. Everything about her still appeared... so innocent. It made her look like a child who's isn't capable of doing any of those vile acts that Kaname has mentioned.

Senri gave his head a vigorous shake. No! He didn't want to think about it. But it was easier said than done. He could not bring himself to stop thinking about it. His mind conflicted with his heart. Causing his head to get thrown into a spiderweb.

"I couldn't decide between cheddar or mozzarella. So I'll be using both." Aiyora returned to his side with both the cheese and a loaf of bread.

She gathered all the ingredients to one place. When she finally start to prepare the sandwich, Senri brought up the topic he has been wanting to discuss for a while now. But did so very cautiously.

"You know people are wondering why your engagement broke." He threw in the words to taste the water. Keeping a watchful eye on her reaction. But to his utter dismay, she appeared least bothered. Acting as if the sandwich she is making is more important than their topic of discussion.

No reaction from Aiyora's side prompted Senri to push her for more.

"They're having hard time digesting it. And to be completely honest I am also on the same boat."

For a moment Aiyora paused in action. It only lasted a mere second before she went back to slicing the cheddar cheese.

"What could have gone wrong? He looked so much in love. Some would argue he was crazy about you—"

"That's the thing Ri-chan! I'd prefer to be with a normal person not someone crazy. Doesn't matter how much he loves me. For all you know relationship with crazy's could be very risky." She muttered the last part putting a tiny block of mozzarella into her mouth.

"You're right they could be dangerous. Dangerous enough to relentlessly rape you." The word 'rape' was emphasized. And in seconds Senri got the reaction he was so eagerly waiting for.

Aiyora choked!

Rushing over to the sink she coughed convulsively till whatever she put into the mouth came out. The blood inside her veins ran cold, along with her feet and palms. Clearly she hadn't been prepared for this.