Chapter 44

The day of the soirée had finally arrived.

After getting ready herself, Rima went to check in on Senri, he only to find him still buttoning his shirt. Knowing how long it usually takes the Shiki heir she pulled a chair by the mirror and sat down.

"Senri... aren't you ready yet?" She called him out after couple minutes.

"I hate gatherings filled with grownups." He said dryly, adjusting the collar of the shirt.

"Well it can't be helped. Besides it is Aiyora's first social debut. You can't avoid it."

"I know..."

"So just put up with it for a while." She offered him a poky that he accepted with his mouth.

          ************************************

Shortly before sundown the members of the night class headed out.

Akatsuki and Ruka were half way down the stairs when one of them noticed Hanabusa wasn't following. Turning they found him leaning against the gate with a frowning face.

"Hanabusa... the Aidou family is the one hosting tonight's soirée."

Akatsuki stated dryly. Then Ruka joined him.

"Your father is going to be there, so try to cheer up a bit."

"That is precisely why am I not so keen on it."

His cousins understood his reasons but there wasn't much they could do. Events like these cannot be easily avoided especially if you are an aristocrat.

"Come on Shiki and Rima are waiting in the car." Akatsuki called, turning around ushering Ruka to keep moving forward.

              *********************************

"How did she react?" Kaname whispered, leaning slightly closer to Takuma while they stood in the foyer, waiting for Aiyora to come out.

"She reacted normally. If anything she looked a little excited." The blonde responded, recalling his conversation with the female Kuran.

"Did you make it clear that I shall be the one accompanying her...?" Kaname needed to confirm. As Ichijou's words were not making any sense. There's no way Aiyora would be so casual and let alone be excited after learning this. If anything she must have thrown couple of temper tantrums.

"I did. Now that you mention... yes her smile dropped for a second, but afterwards a huge grin appeared on her face. As she kept raving about a particular shoe that she can finally wear."

Just as Ichijou concluded, Aiyora's door opened revealing the pureblood princess draped in a luxurious white fur coat over the blood-red gown.

"Wow Aiyora-chan... look at you." Takuma complemented as the said female descended the stairs.

Seconds later leaning into his friend's ear the aristocrat whispered the following.

"Something looks different about her... doesn't it?"

Kaname made no comment. But he fully agreed with Takuma, something was indeed different. Once Aiyora finally reached the bottom of the stairs, both male understood why she agreed to be Kaname's date.

"Your shoes Aiyora-chan!" Takuma pointed his finger at her footwear (seven and half inches heel with three inches platform).

"They're gorgeous aren't they?!"

"I was going to say they make you the same height as Kaname... oh no, actually it makes you an inch taller than him. I guess Akatsuki would have been the perfect person to walk you."