Chapter 48

"Welcome." Ichiru opened the door and bowed to Senri.

The Shiki heir was quite surprised to find the twin of disciplinary committee here, at his mother's uncle's place. But given how the situation is currently, nothing surprises him anymore.

He walked in casually and greeted the head of the Shiki family. "Hey there great uncle, it's been a while."

"Thank you for coming Senri, is your mother doing better now?" Shiki Sayatohi greeted his grandnephew.

"She's been a bit decent since I went home. That's about it. Not much improvement in her condition."

"Try to visit her more often. Your presence is the only thing in life she looks forward to. Anyway, let's get down to business now. Come right this way..."

The head of the family ushered the heir of the family to follow. They walked down the set of stairs that led to the basement.

"There's something I want to show you today." Sayatohi informed and immediately Senri sensed the negative vibe.

"I have a bad feeling about this, I don't like it here. What is it?"

"You're no longer a child. So as a member of the Shiki family you have a duty to know... the secret I've worked so hard to conceal..."

The set of iron built doors slid open to reveal a coffin at the centre of the said room, filled with blood. There was a massive funnel full of blood hanging over the coffin, supplying blood in small dosage.

Senri walked to the coffin and stared at it in shock. Inside it was a bare body, soaked in blood.

"I've been protecting him for years now... take a look Senri, this is your father."

"You mean he's not dead? This is gross."

"How could you say that about your own father?" A childish voice suddenly countered his comment.

Senri looked the direction from the voice came and saw a little boy coming out of the shadow.

"I managed to regenerate quite a bit."

Senri observed the child had heterochromia eyes, one red and one blue. And was taken aback when the boy suddenly disappeared and reappeared before the coffin, leaning into it.

"I was looking forward to seeing you all grown up."

"Forgive me for keeping you waiting, Kuran-sama." Sayatohi bowed and the child suddenly collapsed. Only seconds later a hand comes out and grasp the siding of the coffin to pull up the body.

It was the first time in his adult life Shiki Senri had the chance to meet his father.

"My dear son Senri..."

The young aristocrat found himself hypnotized by that voice. And the last thing he could hear was voice telling him...

"I am in need of your strength. Lend me your powers."

And then... everything blacked out.

******************************************

Meanwhile at the Vacation villa:

Kaname and Aiyora arrived back from the Kuran manor, yesterday early morning. Since then, the environment at the villa has become quite lively. Also, as this was their last week of vacation, the vampires decided to make the most of it. Especially Takuma and Aiyora. However, Senri absence was greatly felt by the ones who are close to him.

This evening, while Kaname remained on the balcony sniffing the red rose he picked up from the garden. (Initially he gave that rose to Aiyora, who returned it back to him several minutes later as her eyes and nose turned watery and itchy.) The others crowded the family living room where they were playing card.