Chapter 11

The dark limousine pulled over before the main entrance of the Shiki residence.

The butler of the house came down the steps in a rush to open and hold the door of the vehicle in order for the people inside to come out. Like expected it was the regal pureblood who first stepped out, then following his lead was a blonde haired vampire. By taking just a simple glance towards the newcomer the butler understood who he is...the grandson of the man who now controls the vampire realm.

Following the general aristocratic customary, the middle aged butler welcomed the guests to the Shiki residence by greeting and bowing before them in ninety degree angle to show utmost form of respect. Kaname being familiar with his face from his earlier visits exchanged few polite words with him. While he did that, his friend silently stood by his side. Looking no less than an obedient child awaiting mother's next command.

After the brief conversation between the pureblood and the butler came to an end; the duo were led towards the living room. Where preparation of their arrival was made beforehand. Tea, coffee and other forms of refreshments and snacks were already served on the center table situated between the sofas.

The butler took off after assisting them out of their coats and getting them settled in.

He went to inform the other pureblood about the arrival of her guests.

Kaname and Takuma took their seats across from one another. They remained quietly seated in dignified silence till the butler returned again, this time with the information.

"Kuran-sama...the word of their arrival has reached Aiyora-sama, she will be here soon. In the meantime if there is anything you require please do not hesitate to ask, I will be just a call away. And Ichijo-sama we sincerely hope you enjoy our specialty treats."

"Oh Thank you so much Tanaka-san," the blonde read the butler's name off his badge that was pinned over his chest. "You have been more than kind..."

While Takuma expressed his gratitude to the Shiki family butler for the first class arrangement and excellent hospitality, his pureblood friend on the other hand simply dismissed the man with a simple and dry 'thank you'.

The butler gave them one last quick bow before turning around on his heels and walking away.

Much to Takuma's disappointment, with the third person's exit the odd silence returned between them once again. At this point he felt quite unsure on how to handle this situation and inside continued to pray for Aiyora to come down sooner.

Takuma threw his friend few quick glances. In most of those cases Kaname kept his eyes focus elsewhere. But even if by accident their eyes made contact once or twice, the pureblood acted by simply averting his gaze away. Pretending like nothing happened.

It went on like that for some time...

However the tension in the atmosphere further heated up when the pureblood went as far as to pick up a random book that lay atop the side table and started to surf through it. And through his action he made his point clear that he was ignoring the Ichijo heir.

For the poor aristocrat the situation just jumped from bad to worse. The more he studied his friend the more he understood how mad the other was. A part of him, that harbored weakness for the pureblood felt terrible. It hated to see his friend like this. However the part of his head that worked rationally assured him not to worry much. It further encouraged him that if Kaname made himself clear that he had no desire to speak to him in the given moment, then he should be left alone. Takuma chose to give him space rather than apologize. Plus, why on earth would he apologize when clearly he did nothing wrong...!?