Chapter 42

A young Aiyora of barely two was seated on her father's lap. Her attention was on the doll she was playing with, while her father had his mismatched orbs glued to her. As he watched her with great interest.

"What is your doll's name?"

"Reedoo."

Kuran Rido smiled. His daughter named her doll after him. A part of him felt honoured. Just like how she was his doll, he was also her.

Unlooked for, he had the urge to give her a kiss. And Rido wasn't someone who restrained himself from an urge.

So he gave in...

It was an innocent kiss, on one of her round chubby cheeks. The softness of her skin made his lips bounce. And he got the urge to give her another kiss... then another... then another... another... another... and another...

Before he knew, he passed dozens of kisses and was now nuzzling her ear, while gently kissing and nipping it. The sensation of his touch tickled her and the toddler started to giggle.

"There was a time I used to believe only purpose of my life is to obtain Juuri. But now that I have you... I don't need that hag."

"Juuri..." the name slipped little Aiyora's mouth as she tried to taste the sound of that name.

"Call her a hag for all I care." Rido said, taking delight at the sound of her innocent childish voice.

"Hag! Hag! Hag!" Aiyora cheered on, with no knowledge of what it meant or whom it was being referred to.

xXxXx

Little Aiyora was laying on the vast four poster king size bed, suckling two fingers (middle and the ring finger)of her right hand. Her left hand on the other side was playing with her father's hair, those small fingers were gently tugging the curls at the end of his tresses.

Rido let out a shuddering sigh before he proceeded to ask the child. "You really like to suck your fingers, don't you Aiyora?"

The girl didn't have the ability to answer that question. She was still too young to understand the meaning behind it.

"Seems like you also like to play with my hair."He mused. "Good... I like that. I like it when you touch me. It brings peace within my disturbed soul."

Then he forcefully grabbed hold of her small hand and brought it to his lips only to press a hard kiss and the back of it. Automatically, his little daughter started to play with his nose.

"Yes, yes, keep touching me Aiyora..."

He put one of her finger into his mouth and tried to suck. But it wasn't enough. It was too small. So he put her entire palm inside his mouth and gave one hard suckle before taking it out and cutting it in the process. However, that matter was also taken care of in a second. Aiyora didn't even get the chance to feel the pain. As her father greedily lapped up the small bead of blood and healed the wound he accidentally caused.

"...Not feeling these ticklish touches of yours put my body on fire, that burn my skin, flesh and bones to ashes."

Kuran Kaname shot his eyes open and exhaled a deep, exhausted, shaky breath. It's not like the brunette was unfamiliar with the concept of nightmare. But this was different. These are Aiyora's memories from the times she has spent with her father. Fortunately, she doesn't remember any of these as Haruka sealed off this timeline from her mind. Kaname had to use a special technique to pull out these memories carefully without unlocking them.