Chapter 31

Hanabusa was on the couch, drinking the faux blood, with his mind lost in deep thought and Akatsuki just stepped out of the bathroom, taking a shower.

The cousins haven't left their room all day.

Last night was quite eventful for the night class—Aiyora's injury, followed by Shiki's blood spill at the hands of the vice president. Two fishy incidents back to back in one night yet no proper explanation was provided for either of the cause. On top of that claims made by the night class president didn't seem to fit the scenarios right. And that left most confused.

Akatsuki cast his cousin a look. Hanabusa was still processing everything. Even though he was acting like he believed everything, Akatsuki knew deep down even a blind follower like him, didn't buy a word of what their dorm leader claimed.

"Akatsuki... aren't you a least bit curious? Earlier there was the smell of blood, then another one hours later... what were the causes? We weren't even given a proper explanation." Hanabusa was playing with the liquid inside the glass, freezing and unfreezing the substance.

"Quite honestly I don't care." Akatsuki bluntly responded drying his hair with the towel that was around his bare shoulder. Then proceeded to taunt. "Besides, the dorm president already told us that Aiyora-sama accidentally injured herself."

"...Yeah, I know. But a part of me finds it hard to believe that. A pureblood cannot pass-out from a simple injury..." he paused suddenly to master the courage to voice out his suspicion.

"...Do you think Kaname-sama did something with her?"

"I wouldn't be surprised."

"Hey! Kaname-sama isn't like that."

"Make up your mind on what you want to believe Hanabusa. More importantly didn't the dorm president ask us to not concentrate too much into the matter." The Kain heir reminded his curious cousin to not invest too much into the purebloods' lives.

"Sometimes you just can't... help it. Especially when everything that we were told last night doesn't add up."

"At least now you know why I don't trust that guy. Do you think anyone believed the dorm leader last night...? ...We all know who bit Shiki. But out of respect for both the purebloods everyone is keeping their mouth shut."

Aiyora woke up to the sudden sound of commotion. Her senses became alert and fully aware of the surrounding while her eyes still remained shut. Irritated, she gritted her teeth and turned the other side, hoping to fall back asleep. She was really looking forward to having a good sleep this morning. Ever since she started modelling, chances to sleep during the morning hours became a rare thing. Most of the time she has to force herself to sleep at night because of her work during the day.

The moment her senses picked up Yuuki's presence, the pureblood grew worried. She opened her eyes and sat up slightly, balancing her weight on her elbows.

Why is she here at this time? Although Aiyora kind of guessed the reason for Yuuki's visit. But she highly hoped she was wrong.

The thought of leaving her bed and personally checking out the matter crossed her mind multiple times, but exhaustion and laziness got the best of her. So, instead of leaving the bed herself she called upon her favourite familiar— the black cobra and sent her to check whatever was taking place in the lobby, while she slumped back on the bed.

By the time her familiar reached its destination she saw Hanabusa getting smacked across the face by Kaname.

"Who asked you to do this?" He demanded angrily.

"Sorry, I was out of line." Getting on one knee the blonde apologized before quickly excusing himself from there.

With Hanabusa's exit Aiyora thought about calling her familiar back. However a second thought at the very back of her subconscious mind made her do otherwise. It told her firmly to observe her siblings in their alone time.