Chapter 59

"Hi there! I've kicked to the curb all the bad guys so you don't have to worry anymore!"

Aidou boasted to the day class students after barging into the auditorium like the hero who just saved the day. But this time only to be met with silence rather than the usual cheering from this fan-girls.

Confused, the blue eyed blonde drew his brows close wondering why they were shooting him the oddly frightened look. Some were even whispering amongst each other.

"Stories have unfortunately spread." Seiran informed him and was joined by Akatsuki, Ruka and Rima who just caught up to them.

"They've realized that we're vampires."

Hanabusa glanced over at the human crowd, disappointed by their change of demeanour.

"What's with those faces? And to think it was the very first I saved humans for a reason other than a sudden whim..." he trailed off. "...it's not like I'm expecting your gratitude..."

The other vampires exchanged a look amongst each other.

"He seems really upset."Ruka whispered to Rima and Akatsuki.

"Ah whatever! I see that you're nothing but feeble creatures who can only tremble in fear of everything." The blue eyed blonde continued.

"He's becoming emotional and passionate." Akatsuki commented on Ruka's earlier statement.

"To the point it sounds creepy." Rima added.

"Aidou-senpai!" One voice finally spoke up, taking everyone which includes both day and the night class by surprise.

"Thank you very much. Sorry it took us sometime to properly thank you and your friends. As you can see, most of us were shaken up by what had happened."

"Wakaba Sayori." Hanabusa acknowledged the person, face fully flustered. Receiving thanks from her wasn't something he was expecting. "Um... you're welcome."

Just then another girl stood up exclaiming, "Aidou-senpai!" It was Nadeshiko Shindo. "I've always thought something was weird about you all. Now that I've finally learned the truth, I'm not going to be scared all of sudden."

Chatter broke out before the girl's dormitory president, the girl who usually wore her hair in low pigtail abruptly stood up.

"We've been attached to the night class for so long, we can't turn our back now. It's not as if the ones attacking us were with them or anything."

"Please you don't have to force yourself." Aidou muttered, with hint of sadness in his voice. "Besides, I'll have ask you all to forget about today. We will be erasing your memories—"

"DON'T!" It was Shindo that cut him off. "I don't want to forget about it."

"Aidou-senpai," Yori, who has been quiet for so long began hesitantly, breaking the tension with her request. "Yuuki is my friend and I don't want to forget her."

Hanabusa faced her and the two shared a look of understanding. For her he could make an exception perhaps.

"Everybody who doesn't want to forget, please stand up!"

Few brave souls stood up.

Aidou turned to the rest of his peers for advice. Then, jointly they all came to the conclusion to leave out those humans who wanted to keep their memories.

oOo

The first word to leave the Chairman's lips was his daughter's name. He called her, surprised by what he was seeing— she was packing her bags.