Valt Aoi: The Battle for the...

By --DevolosBlader--

THIS IS BOOK 3 so please go read book 1 and 2 first so you're not confused! After the events of Book 2, Fubuk... More

Ep 1: Remembrance
Ep 2: Campfire Tales part 1
Ep 3: Campfire Tales part 2
Ep 4: The Airport
Ep 5: The Homecoming
Ep 6: The Comeback
Ep 7: The Chase part 1
Ep 8: The Bakery
Ep 9: The Chase part 2
Ep 10: The Shadow
Ep 11: The Chase part 3
Ep 12: Hide and Peak part 1
Ep 13: Hide and Peak part 2
Ep 14: The Speech
Ep 15: The Spy?! Part 1
Ep 16: The Spy?! Part 2
Ep 17: The Mole within the Mole
Ep 18: The Gift
Ep 19: The Project
Ep 20: Part 2
Ep 21: The Road Trip
Ep 22: Settling at the Inn
Ep 23: Old Rivals
Ep 24: Old Rivals part 2
Ep 25: Phoenix's Trap
Ep 26: The Cliffhanger
Ep 27: Curtains Rise! The Tournament!
Ep 28: The First Day!
Ep 30: The Talk
Ep 31: Phobia Doomscizor
Ep 32: Phobia Doomscizor part 2
Ep 33: Challenges
Ep 34: The Mysterious Emerald Eye
Ep 35: The Copycat part 1
Ep 36: The Copycat part 2
Ep 37: Battle of the Stars
Ep 38: Phoenix or Phi?
Ep 39: The Basement
Ep 40: The Basement Part 2
Ep 41: The Basement part 3
Ep 42: The Basement part 4
Ep 43: The Assembly
Ep 44: The Shadow Phoenix
Ep 45: The Rematch
Ep 46: The True Lord of Lies
Ep 47: Learning from a Legend
Ep 48: Hyde vs Phi
Ep 49: The Winter Knight! Free vs Lui
Ep 50: The Reveal
Ep 51: Alone Together
Ep 52: The Fall and The Rise part 1
Ep 53: The Fall and The Rise part 2
Ep 54: The True Villain
Ep 55: The Darkest Dawn
Ep 56: The Party

Ep 29: The Phantom Meanace

396 19 4
By --DevolosBlader--

Alright this is one of my favorite chapters so far. It's sad but at the same time it's really good at the same time but overall I hope you guys enjoy!

Walking out on stage there was a pit of dread in Sasha's stomach. Her hands felt shaky and her throat was dry.

Free had always been quiet in his own way, maybe even a little mysterious. But standing in front of Sasha he was absolutely terrifying.

There was golden glow around him but in his resonance were also bits of purple foreshadowing Phi's control over him. The eye holes of his mask were also glowing. Veins were popping out of his arms and his air was moving a little.

Sasha had seen Free in battle, she had seen him and his resonance always looking bored as if his opponent wasn't a challenge. But this Free before her wasn't the same, in fact Sasha could barely recognize him.

The only thing that proved it was Free was his blonde hair and the red streak, in fact his hair almost seemed blonder like it was getting lighter but Sasha knew the Snake Pit was mostly indoors and yet there they were.

But everything else about him seemed buried under Theodore and Phi's influence from the Snake Pit attire and the purple aura. He seemed more gone than the other bladers, for some they still talked semi normal while others still looked roughly the same but this version of Free was on another level.

This is my chance, I have to beat him and snap him out of it! The more I can reach out to him the easier it'll be for Valt!

"You can't just pretend like nothing's happened to you, I know what you're doing. You're pushing yourself away from us, your friends, your team! We're your real team Free! Do you know how many times Kris has cried these past few months!"

Free's head straightened up at the mention of Kris.

Kris! That's it! That's his weak point; he needs to think about his friends and family!

Relaxing, Sasha got into her launching stance along with Free, she smiled at the sight of Free still using his old stance but as everyone started counting things began to get serious. She knew Free was going to beat her but she knew she didn't have to.

"Let it Rip!"

Launching her bey, Gaianon rode the outer slope avoiding Fafnir at all costs, she knew the minute they collided it would be all over. Instead of trying to attack she was going to try and drag this out as long as she could.

"You've abandoned us Free! I always thought you were invincible, I looked up to you but ever since you went missing you've changed and not in a good way. There's a line when it comes to blading and I'm not really sure where it is but I know this is way on the wrong side of it. I bet that's why you went to the Snake Pit on purpose because you saw what it did to Shu last year and you to wanted to be stronger!"

Clenching his fists, Fafnir began spinning faster until it started chasing Gaianon.

"You've always been the same and that's why I need some answers. Are you pretending not to care or is this for real!"

Free reached out his hand as Fafnir got closer, the minute he balled up his fist Gaianon bursted. But Sasha didn't even care, instead she was looking back up at Free with pleading eyes.

"Well?" Stop pretending like you don't care and just answer!"

Free didn't say anything and instead he only got into his launching stance.

Sasha only grumbled doing the same.

My approach to this isn't working. I need to try harder and make him think about Kris and BC Sol!

Closing her eyes Sasha thought back to the day when she and Free were battling last year, he had recently come back from the bulls and she remembered not being happy with him. In the last battle he had offered her some advice..

"Widen your stance to lower your center of gravity..."

Sasha widened her feet getting closer to the stadium.

"Really put your arms into it for more power. Pivot on the follow through..."

Stretching out her arms Sasha did a practice launch.

"If you're gonna use an angled launch don't wimp out, commit to it..."

And finally she angled her launcher bending her wrist.

"Let it Rip!"

This time she didn't try to avoid Fafnir instead she attacked as hard as she could. For a split second Free almost looked surprised but as soon as it came it went.

"You can't give in Free, I can't lose you. I know you Free and I know you're not like this! You're not some dark blader you're Free De La Hoya!"

Gaianon and Fafnir collided and both flew out of the stadium. They both landed simultaneously outside of the stadium.

Sasha was surprised, she knew Free could've easily beaten her but why did he throw the second battle when he could've easily beaten her?

It's because Free's actually listening!

Getting into her launching stance, Free did the same. Reaching deep down Sasha could feel the adrenaline and the power all around her. It was mesmerizing and yet exhilarating!

This feeling...

Opening her eyes she could feel the power all around her, it was electric and all around her. It was still mostly in the stadium, the air, but mostly in the bladers.

Across the stadium bladers in the crowd glowed like lights while their eyes and resonance glowed their respective color. Valt was blue, Lui was light blue, and Shu was red.

But looking across at Free there was this golden aura but it seemed darker with hints of purple. But there was something else, the energy around Free was going into him. Even the energy Phi was using at him.

Up in the stands Phi reached out his hand and Sasha could see Phi's dark power pulse and spread.

Then the vision was gone, all the power and energy was gone and everything was back to normal.

Free's mouth was in a small "o" but then turned into a straight line.

Sasha got into her launching stance but looking over at Free he stood there shaking. Sasha narrowed her eyes, she knew something was up.

Reaching for his face Free lowered his head and took off his mask. He held it out and let it clatter to the ground.

Slowly rising his head Sasha gasped.

His eyes glowed a dark brown/golden color while his veins were popping out.

Tilting his head his resonance began to take form. But there was something else.

Fafnir, a raging beast made out of pure energy stood behind his master but it was more ghostly, flickering and shifting, like it was a former shell of himself.

Sasha was afraid, very afraid, she had seen Free "power up" before but this was different. This was on a whole different level.

Free finally got into his launching stance while everyone counted down.

"Let it Rip!"

Focusing on Free, Sasha took every moment she could.

"I'm not gonna give up on you Free! Valt was there for Shu and I'll always be there for you! Because at the end of the day it's all about having fun!"

At the word "fun" Fafnir raced through Gaianon bursting it.

Sasha dropped to her knees in defeat as Free put his mask back on and walked offstage. Behind her Fafnir roared at Sasha and then disappeared.

Tears watered in her eyes, and her throat became dry. But the tears didn't fall, instead she wiped them away with her arm while she stood up.

Clenching her fists she looked up to see that Free wasn't off the stage just yet.

"You know what's sad...." Sasha started.

Free stopped just short of the exit.

"This kid came up to me the other day, he had this big grin on his face and he told me his name was Liam. But you know what he asked me: "Do you really know Free De La Hoya?" But thinking about all the fun times we had as a team...no a family. I wanted to say yes but then you just left and went missing...."

"Kris was devastated, she didn't come out of her office for a week and now you're back pretending like you don't even care. And you know what I said to Liam? "I used to know him." So you know what's sad? It's sad how you were such a big deal, even though you weren't world champion anymore,  everyone wanted to be like you and so did I, but now you're just gone.."

Free resumed his exit, not even reacting or saying a word.

Sasha let out a breath and walked offstage.

As she rode down the elevator, her thoughts swirled around in her head. But a particular stuck out: What if Free was too far gone?

A/N okay so out all all the battles I've written this one is definitely one of my favorites and one of my favorite chapters too. Anyways hope you guys enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 1.6K 32
" 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟. " Recovering from an alcoh...
3.5K 154 15
After Aiger broke Valtryek valt was determined to get his title back and defeat his opponents,after this fight some of the others were a little bit h...
7.1K 313 16
Valt Aoi... That's what everyone knows about him till now.... This wonder boy has a long time secret that only aio family knows... Check out to know...
491 4 7
Cover is by @The_Official_Sero check her out she's really good. I love working with her. ik it's oc x Free so not many people will read this. I've r...