Vampire Knight (Kaname Kuran...

By myrakkuran

Her mother Reira Hanadagi was the youngest daughter of the Hanadagi pureblood clan. She was given to Rido Kur... More

Prologue- Her Birth
Life with the Kuran Family
Chapter 3 Life in the Shiki Household
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Kaname's perspective)
Chapter 8
Special Chapter 7.5
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 25

2.2K 79 67
By myrakkuran

He watched her from a far off distant... a content smile pasted on his handsome face.

She was walking the street like a free bird, without a care in the world. Going from one store to another. Occasionally enjoying a small sip of the drink she held in that long paper-glass. It was a blueberry-banana smoothie that she ordered from one of that café that fell on her way.

Following her he also walked into the same café and ordered the same drink. Only difference being she was still happily sipping her whereas he threw away his after the first sip, because the taste of this particular drink clashed with his taste buds.

In one particular store she was taking longer than usual. He waited and waited but her delay prolonged and at one point it got him worried... So worried that he could not refrain himself, and ended up entering the store. Obviously he concealed his presence so that she does not sense him and the high collared overcoat hid most of his face anyway. He did not want her to get the wrong idea and think of him as some kind of creep. He had no ill intention, just wanted to make sure she was alright. However Kaname was so occupied with his thoughts that he failed to notice the flustered look all ladies in the store were throwing at him. Even if he did notice... after so many years of experience it had no effect on him. The ladies could stare all they want to... he could careless.

He walked from aisle to aisle - corner to corner without paying attention to the detail in surrounding. His attention remained solely on Aiyora, who was trying to decided between the two packets in hand. Not being able to decided she placed both on the small basket she was carrying. Kaname found that trait... adorable. Even though there was nothing adorable about it.

He quietly followed as she moved to the other side of there store. There she spoke to an elderly woman who then went inside and returned with a measuring tape, then guided Aiyora inside...away from his sight. Kaname's brows furred trying to asses what was going on. He wanted to and would have proceeded further if the area there was not so crowded. So he remained where he was and patiently waited.

Several minutes later Aiyora came out with a packet and headed straight towards the cash register. And while she was paying other ladies in the store started to whisper and make fuss about his presence but Kaname remained too distracted to notice... that was until a voice called him out from behind...

"Onii-sama...?" he froze. His head trying it's best to figure out how she noticed him.

"What are you doing here?" she asked once he faced her.

"What are you doing here?" he asked back. Answering a question with another question. A signature Kuran Kaname trait.

"Shopping!" Aiyora answered raising her bag as proof and right then she realized. "...wait a minute- are you following me!?"

Her question threw him off guard and made him look every bit like a thief who got caught stealing. Aiyora was no fool, she figured out and flashed him an 'I see what you're up to' smile. Her confidence further added to his anxiousness. His intention was not bad, he was just trying to look out for her. Certainly he did not want her to misunderstand. Therefore to keep his image clean he opened his mouth and ended up saying the last thing he should have said.

"I needed to make an urgent purcha-" Aiyora cut him off before he could even finish.

"Here...?" she pointed her finger at the store, suppressing her laughter "...you needed to make urgent purchase here! So what are you buying? If you're here to purchase underwear, congratulations you're standing in the very department. But if you need sanitary pads and tampons they're located to your right and sex-toys are to your left, over there."

"What are you taking about?" he asked, confused.

"I'm just trying to help you. I'm sure you are here to buy one of the items I mentioned. Otherwise what urgent purchase can you make at a woman's intimate shop...!?" she smirked towards the end.

Kuran Kaname finally looked around and actually noticed where he was standing –at a woman's intimate shop! Where men are requested not to enter. There is a big notice on the door about that.

The older pureblood looked at the younger one, baffled. His ancient, prudent soul wanted to dig a grave and bury himself alive on the spot. It was the first time Kuran prince felt like a moron! And it surely wasn't the last. As the second one came within the fortnight...

.

.

.

"I was wondering if I could use your electronic book?" Kaname asked Aiyora.

The girl in question blinked her eyes. First she looked at Akatsuki and then Ruka. Both of whom were her company in the library that evening. Wondering if either of them understood what the dorm president just said. Because she clearly didn't!

"I think he is referring to your laptop." Akatsuki was the one who whispered into the younger pureblood's ear and clarified while Ruka remained in her own daze.

"You need my laptop..." Aiyora pointed towards the device that was sitting on her lap.

"May I...?"

"Yeah, sure..." she quickly closed all the applications she was using and handed it over to him. "Here you go... you may use it here or take it to your room. I'll collect it from you later on."

"I'm fine here..." he assured taking a seat by the window.

Aiyora did not pay much attention, instead left the library and headed to her room to take a bath. Once Aiyora left Kaname immediately dismissed the two aristocrats that were present there. Akasuki left right away. Not like he had any plans of staying in the first place. Ruka on the other hand waited a moment, gazed at him longingly before finally making her exit.

That night Aiyora took her time during the bath. She pampered herself for sometime before actually stepping into the bath. First she put a on face mask, changed her nail colour for both fingers and toes... read some fashion and glamour magazine till it all dried.

After the bath, followed through her moisturizing routine before moving onto the hair. Since she was not going anywhere, much was not needed to be done. The pureblood simply dried the wet hair with a blow-dryer and walked into her closet to select her sleepwear for the night. She picked a set of silk shorts, camisole and robe that ended shortly after her knees in the color royal blue.

Once she was all done her eyes landed on the clock sitting at her bedside table. Over two hours have passed since she left her laptop with Kaname. By now he should be done. With that thought Aiyora headed to the library to retrieve her laptop. Except... she found him exactly where she had left him. Looking strangely stressed out.

"You're not done yet?"

"..." when he did not answer she noticed the furrowing of his brows. It gave her a hint on his current stress level.

"Are you alright...?" she approached him and gently tapped on his shoulder "...onii-sama?"

He looked at her. It was for the first time he looked like a lost child. He looked ashamed and embarrassed.

"What's wrong...?"

"..." again no answer.

"Are you done?"

"...yes." There was a hint of hesitance in his voice, which she did not miss.

Her eyes moved to the screen of the laptop and she realized where the problem lied. When it comes to computer and technology he, Kuran Kaname is an absolute illiterate. He had no idea how to operate this devise. The screen was sitting exactly where she left it. Now it all made sense...

"Why don't you tell me what needs to be done and I'll do it for you."

"I'm done... actually." He was not. He was lying. He did not even get started.

"Stop acting so stubborn..." She snatched the laptop from him. "Now tell me what you need to do, I'll do it for you."

"I told you-"

"Tell me what you need to do, and I shall do it for you."

"There is nothing that needs-"

"How about I teach you?"

He looked the other way, his pride refusing to accept the truth.

"Do you promise not to laugh and make mockery out of me...?" it was his way of submitting to defeat.

"Why would I do that? I'm actually offended that you think of me as that kind of person, who takes enjoyment at someone's weakness."

"You laughed the other day." he was referring to the day at the lingerie store.

"That was simply because you chose to act like complete a moron. A man your age should be familiar with women's intimates. Plus there was a big notice on the door asking all men to stay out. But you acted recklessly and made many ladies there feel uncomfortable. So yeah... you deserved to be criticized and laughed at for that. But this..." she pointed at the laptop on hand. "... is your weakness. And its very unkind to laugh at a person for his/her weakness. Honestly, how could you think so low of me... that I would laugh at you for your weakness rather than helping you out...?"

A hand of his reached out to tenderly caress her face.

"Thank you, Ai..."

"Thank me later... first tell me what do I have to do?"

"There is a letter that needs to be typed."

"Okay..." she squeezed herself beside him and showed him how it is done.

Her action warmed his heart. Brought him a strange kind of comfort... and made him feel at ease... made him feel at home...

Ever since figuring out about Yuuki's existence, Aiyora has slowly started to recover her own childhood memories in small parts. Often she would dream or have sudden flashback of moments of her time spent at the Kuran manor with her parents and older siblings. She now remembers the faces of her parents. Their voices and bits of their personality. Her father Kuran Haruka is more gentle natured person, and her mother Kuran Juuri is a kind hearted woman despite being short-tempered in nature.

One particular memory of her mother which Aiyora recalls often was of the day when Kuran Juuri informed both the little girls that once grown, Yuuki would be married to their older brother. Then right away assured Aiyora that she will personally find the best boy for her.

Oh how badly Aiyora wishes these days that her mother was around to see Senri. For sure her mother would have loved him. Knowing her nature she probably would have showered Senri with more affection than Kaname.

There are pros and cons to every matter in life. Even the fact that Kuran Aiyora now remembers her family came with both the effects. While pros are endless, surprisingly a con also made it into the list. And that was –the more she remembered her family the more she desired to spend time with her sister.

Recently all Aiyora has been searching for are opportunities to spend some quality time with her older sister. But such opportunities are like the golden-goose, hard to come by. Of course the times of switchover or break period does not count. Other times that grumpy silvered haired boy would keep himself glued to her.

However one such opportunity presented itself on its own when on a particular Saturday afternoon the Kuran princess ran into the following person at a departmental store...

"Headmaster Cross!" Aiyora ran towards the direction of the dirty blonde haired man in glasses.

"Oh, Aiyora-chan... good afternoon."

"What are you doing here?" the pureblood asked.

"Just picking out little bit of grocery. Its the weekend and on weekends Yuuki usually eats with me. Speaking of which, why don't you and Kaname-kun join us for dinner tonight. It'll make us very happy."

"Actually Kaname onii-sama is out of town and won't be back until Tuesday... so is it okay if I just come...?"

"Absolutely!"

.

.

.

When evening came Aiyora showed up at the headmaster's residence. All set and excited to spend the evening with her older sister. Sadly, the excitement was short lived... Unfortunately for her Zero was the one that answered the door.

And upon seeing each other, simultaneously their faces turned sour.

"What are you doing here!?" Zero spat, his tone insulting. Effortlessly he made it sound like he was speaking to despicable lowly being rather than a prestigious member of the Kuran clan.

Like anyone in her shoes would have, Aiyora was offended. But if Zero thought some mere insults would push her away, he was in for a rude awakening.

"The headmaster invited me for dinner..." She declared, proudly showing the box of dessert she has brought for the family. "... now if you'll excuse me..." just like that she pushed past him and made it inside.

"You!" Zero was fully ready to throw her out but that was when the headmaster showed up and intervened.

"Zero-kun... come on Aiyora-chan is harmless. Please don't look at her like that." he said guiding the pureblood inside.

"I brought dessert for you all." the pureblood cut in and added with a innocent cheeky smile handing over the box to headmaster. Which the former hunter enthusiastically accepted and opened to see what was inside it.

"It's a tiramisu, which I made..."

"Looks delicious!" the headmaster commented but before he could further muse on the dessert Zero cut in...

"If she's here then I'm out."

Oh yes! Internally Aiyora jumped in joy. She was so looking forward to not having him tonight.

As much as Aiyora would have preferred for him to leave, the silver haired boy ended up staying for dinner. All thanks to Yuuki! If she would have come down at least 30 seconds later the grumpy boy would have been gone and Aiyora would have had her sister all to herself. But no— she had to appear the moment he was about to step out. And call him back in that sweet voice that made him change his mind. Despite the initial grunt.

.

.

.

Zero staying back turned out to be a blessing in disguise. As much as Aiyora would have preferred otherwise, it actually gave her an insight to the life her sister was currently living.

Result of their mother's hard work.

Till to this day Aiyora was not clear as to why their mother took such drastic step and turned Yuuki human. What positive outcome did it bring? If Aiyora was asked her opinion on the matter she would say- nothing! Because turning Yuuki into a human simply created an invisible barrier between her and Kaname. Two people in love who were always meant to be are living separate lives. Yuuki thinks it is impossible for them to be together as they are too different and Kaname is lonely. Neither of them are actually happy.

What's worse is that due to the current circumstances Kiryuu Zero— a former human come hunter has been thrown into the mix. No doubt this guy will stand as an obstacle. Kaname has to take him down before he can start a future with Yuuki.

But what if...

Aiyora genuinely feared what would happen if Yuuki developed weakness for Zero? What would Kaname do? Would he sacrifice his own happiness for her to have the blissful end with this boy? All these years of pent up love— only to set her free in the end and live the rest of the live with a broken heart?

That would be really unfair. Aiyora thought, taking a small bite of what the headmaster just served her.

.

.

.

Yuuki ranted like a fed up mother when Zero declared he was leaving instead of helping her out in the kitchen. To calm his enraged daughter the headmaster rushed to her side assuring that he would not leave till the last plate is cleaned.

Aiyora on the other hand saw this as her opportunity. So she tricked the headmaster to retire for the night and decided to take his place. Although Yuuki felt uncomfortable to take up on Aiyora's offer and make her work in the kitchen with her. But the vampire's offer of sharing scoops of Kaname's life was too good to pass on.

.

.

.

"When was the last time you and Kaname onii-sama spent some quality time alone?"

Aiyora asked casually wiping the plates dry with a clean cloth which Yuuki just passed to her after washing.

Yuuki blushed and stuttered— a very expected, reaction every time the dark haired vampire is mentioned.

"Its not like that... between Kaname sempai and me. I'm very indebted to him for saving—"

"How long do you plan to sing the same song?" Aiyora cut in rolling her eyes. Repetition of the same story was becoming quite irritating.

"Yuuki-sempai... let me be frank. Kaname onii-sama really likes you and I'm trying to help. But if you're not interested then just tell me and I'll gladly back out and so will he."

"It's not that Aiyora-chan. Kaname-sempai means everything to me... however, he has never hinted about having any special feelings for me. He has a kind heart and is generous."

"So what you're basically saying is that all the special treatment he gives you is because he's a kind and generous person. ...Yuuki sempai please wake up. We're vampires, creatures of darkness... beast in human form... We're anything but kind and generous."

Aiyora could tell Yuuki didn't like her words. But then again truth always hurts and now Kuran Aiyora was only showing her the true picture while tearing down the ones the human has painted down in her mind for all this time.

"Always remember there is always a solid reason behind his every action. However when it comes to you his reason is no malice, he really wants you... that's all."

Yuuki found herself at loss of words but not due to despair. It was more so in joy and hope. She loved Kaname. He was her beginning, and more than anything Yuuki would want him as her ending.

The black limousine drove through the empty streets.

Inside Kaname and Takuma sat in silence. They were on their way back from the trip.

While the pureblood kept himself occupied with a book, Takuma continued to entertain himself to the scenery outside. That was until the vehicle made a turn and headed for a different road. In surprise Takuma turned his gaze towards the pureblood to ask, if he had given some instruction but the latter was still reading, complete engrossed into the book.

Giving up Takuma decided to question the chauffeur instead. But Kaname was the one who answered...

"We're making a small detour, I have to make a quick stop to a flower shop."

"Oh alright..."

Takuma didn't think much about it.

.

.

.

At the flower shop:

"I'm sorry sir, I only have roses here. Camellias, especially the red ones are hard to come by. However my uncle owns a bigger shop on the other-side of the town. You could check there if you are interested. His collection is a lot bigger and has more variety, I'm sure you will find something." The lady at the flower shop told Kaname.

"I would much rather do that, thank you for your help. Have a good day." The brunette responded.

"You as well sir." The lady made a slight bow of curtsy as the two vampire made their way out of the shop.

.

.

.

At the next shop:

"Here you go sir, your red camellias." the middle aged man handed the pureblood a small bunch if those flowers. "...anything else I can help you find?" he asked once the brunette paid him.

"Actually I'm also looking for some yellow iris and jonquil."

"Over here I have blue and purple iris; would they work? And I never heard about the other one."

"No, I need yellow." The brunette stated firmly. Behind him, his blonde friend's brows crunched.

"My friend owns a specialized shop on irises, but in the neighboring town though. You could check there if you have time."

"I will, thank you."

Takuma who was standing quietly all this time, now had a reaction on his face. The reaction was a combination of being shocked and irritated. The drive here was over half hour and now they must go to the neighboring town... that too for yellow Irises...!?

He looked outside concerned, the day seemed to be getting brighter by the minute. The weather forecast said it s going to be a very hot, humid day. They should returning back soon.

.

.

.

At the iris shop in the neighboring town:

"Here's your yellow iris sir." the shop owner handed Kaname the small bunch. "Anything else I could assist you with?"

"I also need some jonquil."

"Oh that's a hard one to come by. Due to it's lack of popularity not every shop carries them but try the shop at the end of the alley."

"Thank you, I will." Kaname said paying the man.

Takuma rolled his eyes, he could not believe this was actually happening.

.

.

.

Couple hours later:

The time was past 1.30 p.m. in the afternoon. The day was at its brightest with scorching sunlight. The two exhausted vampires were now on their feet walking towards their last ray of hope.

The shop that was recommended by the iris shop owner has closed down weeks ago. Then they drove further east but that shop had no jonquil. Then they went to another and the shop owner told them the same thing as the earlier one and gave them address to a particular shop in another town. Once there, at a certain point the car had to stop, the alley was too narrow for the limo to pass. Kaname simply got out and started to walk, without giving a damn to the scorching heat of the sun. Leaving Takuma no choice but to follow.

"Here's your jonquil." The shop owner handed them to Kaname. The pureblood in turn asked for the price and once the woman opened her mouth, Takuma fell from the sky. It was too much! About five times more than what normal flowers cost. The blonde actually hoped his friend would shove the flowers back into her face and leave. Although money is no factor; however this lady was trying to scam them by asking such ridiculous prince. According to Takuma spending that much on a specific flower was simply a waste.

But Kaname did not haggle, like he should have, like any sane person should have. He paid the woman what she asked for and also added a generous amount of tip on top.

Once they were finally in the car, on their way back to the academy Takuma spoke up.

"So, is Yuuki-chan's birthday nearing?" Takuma had a feeling these flowers weren't for Yuuki, but he still tauntingly mentioned her name just to confirm.

"They're not for Yuuki," The pureblood stated flatly. "...they're for Aiyora."

"And you're suddenly buying flowers for her because..." he left the sentence halfway and waited for his friend to finish.

"...It is because I want to do something nice for her." Kaname responded, arranging all the flowers together and tying them together with a ribbon.

"But didn't you already do something nice last week. When you bought a bushel of apple. Which by the way are rotting in the kitchen. Honestly Kaname what were you thinking, Aiyora-chan will never be able to finish all those apples. She barely eats."

Kaname made no comment. He did not want to share the real reason he bought those apples. Did Aiyora eat them? Yes, but only two. The rest are, as Ichijo said rotting in the kitchen.

"Then what about the chocolates you got her the week before?"

"She ate them."

"No Kaname, she made cupcakes with them and Aidou ate most of it."

"..."

The vehicle continued to move. The silence once more returned between the two friends. This time the pureblood kept his focus on the bouquet he just prepared, fondly watching the result of his hard work, whilst his friend kept on watching him. Takuma was a little worried. Just when he thought he was staring to understand his friend, he found himself back at square one.

For the past couple weeks Takuma has found Kaname to be acting a little strange. For the first time he was genuinely looking out for Aiyora (or that's what it appeared to be). It started with the way the brunette would stand during the switch-over – in front of Aiyora but slightly, to the left. His body would be positioned in such a way that it completely shaded the younger pureblood from the sunlight. Then every now and then he would bring her little something. First it was some rare chocolate from overseas, then apples and now flowers.

A moment there Takuma wondered why his friend was hell bent on getting these particular flowers. He took out his phone from the pocket and did a small research on each of the category. Only to find out:

Iris: the gentle demure Iris can have wild side. When clothed in white petals, the iris leans more towards symbolizing purity. In blue petals it represents faith and hope. In purple petals it shows wisdom. But once the color changes to yellow, it hold a whole different meaning – it represents the givers burning passion. (And Kaname specifically picked the yellow.)

Camellia: While white camellias symbolize adoration. The pink symbolizes longing for someone and given to someone who is missed. But the red camellias symbolizes not only love and passion but also intense, deep, uncontrollable desire for the person given to.

Jonquil: Now this freaking jonquil, this particular flower has the most strangest and creepiest representation. It demands 'love me' like the giver of the flower is commanding the receiver to reciprocate the feelings. The giver of this supposed flower is not only in love but completely consumed by it to the point of no return.

Takuma gazed at Kaname, now fully aware and concerned.

"I hope she will like them." Kaname spoke letting out a satisfied sigh, leaning his head on the headrest. Glad to have found everything that he had in mind.

Well, I certainly hope not. Takuma responded to that, but only in mind.

.

.

.

"What are these wild flowers...?!" Aiyora exclaimed studying the bouquet. The expression on her face showed how unfamiliar she was with such flowers.

"That's the camellia, the yellow one is iris and the other is jonquil." Kaname showed her which one was which taking a step closer. "I hope you like them."

"They're nice..." she said with an uncertain smile.

But once Kaname was gone the first thing Aiyora did was hand the bouquet to a passing by maid and told her to find a nice vase for them.

Takuma witnessed the incident from a distance. A frown took over his face. He was now confused as to what he should do? The situation seemed to be getting complicated day by day. It has become quite clear to many that Kaname is very physically attracted to Aiyora. This attraction has grown so much that at times he acts silly and out of his usual character. Most certainly it feels like the grip the pureblood had on the whole situation is eventually slipping out of his fingers. Aiyora on the other hand is least bothered by any of this. Somewhere down the line it seems like she giving Kaname the wrong signals... even if that is done unintentionally.

Over the next few days Kaname did anything and everything possible to stay close to Aiyora. The usuals were seeing her off to bed every day before dawn and then revisiting her room once more after she'd fall asleep... just to make sure she was tucked under the duvet properly, or did not fall asleep on the floor or the sofa.

Eventually he took interest in her daily activities. Personally watched over her training, tutored her with her studies. After a long time Aiyora expressed her desire for a chess match and that took Kaname over the moon. Their game got so intense that both ended up skipping class to finish the match.

Next day he showed up at the kitchen to give Aiyora a helping hand with her baking. But ended up causing a disaster trying to maneuver the oven by using his powers. Which resulted in both of them ending up covered in the exploded remains of the supposed apple-pie. Aiyora was so mad at him afterwards that she did not speak to him for the remainder of the day. But that anger subsided by next evening, she understood such mishaps was bound to happen. Considering this was his first time ever stepping into the kitchen. The fact that the kitchen was still intact is a blessing.

.

.

.

Destroying the pie has actually motivated him to do better next time. Therefore he attempted for something different and took her biking the following weekend.

This, also did not go according to plan. Why? Because Kaname did not know how to paddle a bicycle. In the end it came down to where Aiyora had to paddle and he sat behind her awkwardly, holding onto her by the waist.

They rode through the narrow passage in silence, basking in the afternoon sunlight. At one point the ancient vampire's mind drifted back to his past life when he was just Kaname, a lost wondering soul abandoned by his own people, found by the mysterious woman. Ironically his current situation was quite alike those times. Back in those days during their travel this was how he used to sit, behind her, on the horse. Like Aiyora that woman, his mysterious hooded lover also had the habit of taking charge.

Unbeknown to Kaname, he was smiling, resting his face on her shoulder he was smiling. Enjoying the bliss... for as long as it lasted. This was the first time in his life, actually in both his life that he felt so much at peace. In that moment all thoughts, plans, worry left him. In union his head and heart only focused on Aiyora.

"Aiyora...?"

"What!?" Her voice came out sounding irritated. An absolutely normal reaction for anyone in her position. When he offered to take her out biking this certainly was not how she pictured it would be. Aiyora was familiar with the biking scenario. It is often shown in the movie as an activity that help two people to bond. But in movies the male lead and female lead rides side by side, or the male lead would place the female lead in front and paddle or the female lead would sit at the back and embrace the male lead from the back.

But in their case it was the opposite. She was the one paddling the bike like the male lead and Kanane was seated behind, hugging her from the back like the female lead.

"Next time we come here it will be different, it will be perfect... I promise."

"It better be... otherwise whatever image Yuuki-nee has made of you over the years will be tarnished."

"What do you mean?" Where was Yuuki coming from in this? Kaname wondered confused.

As if sensing his confusion, she clarified. "What I meant is that next time you come here I won't be the one by your side. It will be Yuuki-nee."

Kaname's heart stopped. Seconds later ferocious pulse of fear erupted within him. Suddenly he was scared. The thought of not having her by his side frightened him.

.

.

.

Next weekend he made another offer.

"A boat ride you say..." Aiyora said skeptically. "...who else would be with us?"

"Just you and I."

"...oh." She made a face that showed her reluctance to the idea.

"You're hesitating..." he felt the need to point out.

"Yes I am, in fact anyone would, considering how our bike riding went."

Aiyora may have paddled the bicycle but she cannot and most definitely would not paddle a boat. However it was Kaname's constant persistence and also the fact that Senri was away made Aiyora take the chance.

Luckily this time everything went accordingly. No, Kaname did not paddle the canoe. He made Seiran do it while he sat at the other end with Aiyora on his lap.

"Did you enjoy?" he asked assisting her out of the boat once the ride came to an end.

"Well, I must admit... I'm impressed. This is what you should do for Yuuki-nee. I'm sure it will make her very happy. But on a second thought, you probably don't even need to work that hard. She is already head over heels for you."

Kaname only smiled. As this was one of those times when silence was the best option because no words could describe his current state of mind.
.

.

.

Not all days were perfect. One of the days Kaname even had the opportunity to see her sour side.

"Good evening Aiyora..." like every evening, that evening also Kuran Kaname greeted Aiyora with a pleasant smile.

However...

"What's so good about this evening!?" The response he received was not so pleasant. Neither was disdained look on her face nor the way she almost shoved past him.

Kaname just stood there confused, his head wondering what was that about? But soon that thought changed to concern. Why was she acting so strangely? Has someone said anything to upset her. But then who could it be? As per his knowledge she was in good terms with most members of the night class. So what happened?

In order to find out he turned on his heels, all set to follow her but stopped when a voice spoke up from behind.

"She's feeling blue. Happens occasionally before her monthly cycle..."

Kaname looked over his shoulder and found the last person he wanted to see at the given moment Shiki Senri, casually leaning against the wall, bragging about how well he knew her.

"It's best not to bother her at such times. Even I keep my distance."

"...Well, you and I aren't exactly the same." Kaname reminded the aristocrat his place.

"I'm glad you understand that. So I'm sure you'd be more careful." he retorted, walking away putting a poky in his mouth. Leaving behind an enraged pureblood. Who with every cell of his body despised the aristocrat's growing guts.

.

.

.

"Checkmate!" Aiyora exclaimed with a victorious smile placing her queen before his king. Loudly declaring game over. She was just about to knock over his black king with her white queen when he placed a finger over the king and stopped it.

"Wait... it does not gave to end this way."

"I won!"

"Just hear me out," Kaname intervened. "... how about instead of taking the king down the queen takes another path that would eventually lead them to fall in love and rule the newly conquered kingdom together."

"Are you making up bizarre rules because you lost. Oh God! You're so petty."

"It's not like that!" he defended setting up the board again.

"Oh really! where was this generous rule when you took down my king viciously last time."

"Another game...?" he made the offer.

"No! Let me enjoy my victory." Aiyora got off her seat.

"Last game..." he pleaded.

"Fine!" she sat back down with a huff.

They started the last round of the game. Several minutes into it Kaname lost two pawns and Aiyora lost a bishop, a knight and a three pawns. Then the game suddenly slowed down. Currently both were taking long time to think about their next move. And during this time of wait Aiyora suddenly ended up asking a question that was quite off topic.

"Kaname onii-sama...?"

"Hmmm..."

"What is the true purpose behind the night class's existence. And don't tell me its to promote peaceful co-existence... Because it clearly is not."

Kaname only looked at her. His eyes shining with uncertainty. She sensed his reluctance to answer. More like he was unsure of how to answer that.

"...Its all for her, isn't it...?"

He searched for jealousy within her voice but found none. In fact there was nothing. Her voice simply voided of any kind of emotion.

Kaname knew that was not the case. There definitely was some emotion hidden within her. It was him who could not read it. And the inability to do so surged panic within him.

"...Your feelings for Yuuki-nee is so intense that it is admirable. She's a special girl and deserves all the love."

Again, he searched her eyes. Desperately looked for some emotions within them. But found nothing.

"I don't know how many lives you are willing to jeopardize and sacrifice in order to protect her... but she's worth it."

"Would you sacrifice yours... your life to save her?"

"I would have to... after all who would save me? ...No one. The ones that love me aren't strong enough to protect me."

"Don't say it like that."

"Checkmate!" She added with a smirk this time. As he looked down at the board once again he found her white queen knocking over his black king.

"A word of advice — work on your focus." her voice now back to being confident. "...It seems to be slipping recently."

Kaname looked at her shocked still processing her earlier words.

"...If you can be distracted so easily, then despite sacrificing hundreds of pawns you won't be able to save your queen. ...And sadly your queen is nothing without you! She probably wouldn't even last a day without your protection."

She added clicking her tongue and winked getting off of her chair. Hinting they're done with the game for tonight.

After her exit Kaname leaned over and lightly fingered the white queen before bringing it close to his face. The piece was still emanating her lavender scent... the only smell that has magically become his all purpose antidote.

You're wrong Aiyora, especially when you said my queen would not survive a day without my protection. My queen is strong, she's a fighter who can fighter her way to survive no matter what situation she's put in... just like now I have been left tragically defeated by her... Truth is, it is I who would not survive to live the next day without having her beside me.
.

.

.

Next time it rained, dropping everything at hand Aiyora ran to the terrace.

This rainy season getting drenched became her favourite hobby.

Like most of the others Kaname also watched her from inside like he did almost every other time. Only difference being, the desire to join her was growing every minute.

Suddenly she stopped and looked at him directly in the eye. Her soft gaze assured him that she read the signals, listened to his silent call.

And then...

His heart jolted... body throbbed... breath hitched... when she ran back inside, all wet. Unexpected and unnatural shiver crawled up his spine as she got closer. And all other feelings within him continued to ascend watching her run towards him in such erotic condition.

His arms all set to cage her in...

But then it happened... his speeding heart came to a sudden stop. It happened the moment she ran past him and towards the Shiki heir, who was lying on the couch somewhere behind. Pulled him off and dragged him back to the terrace along with her.

This rejection brought a dull ache, all over the brunette's heart which started to beat once more... only this time broken.

Wakaba Sayori certainly did not expect to find a stranger in her room that evening when she returned back to the dorm after her night bath. Sayori may have been not interested in the night class but she had enough brain to recognize one when crossed path with.

And this dark haired girl that was presently in her room occupying Yuuki's bed like she owned it, is for sure a member of the night-class. But because this particular human never paid them much heed, hence why she did not exactly know who this particular one was.

"May I help you?" the short haired girl spoke getting the other's attention.

"Hi... I'm so sorry, entering the room like a creep was not my intention. But soon as I stepped into the sun dormitory premises some people recognized me and next thing I know I'm being chased by a mob."

"It happens..." To Aiyora's surprise the girl remained calm. "...People in the day class especially girls tend to lose their mind at the sight of night class."

"And you do not?" Aiyora asked slightly amused. This was her first time coming across a human who genuinely did not seem interested in people of her race.

First few weeks have been pretty peaceful for the younger Kuran but ever since Kaname and Zero's showdown at the switchover where the former revealed her to be his sister has brought Aiyora under the fan-girls radar. Now upon mere sight Kaname fangirls starts to chase her.

"No, I'm here for my education. The night class is barely my concern. I admit they are all very good looking individuals but that isn't enough to make my waste my time and pine after them. I have other priorities in my life unlike my school mates."

To say Aiyora was impressed would be a massively understatement. The pureblood found herself respecting this particular girl. This person was unlike any human she'd ever met. She was extra ordinary. If Aiyora was Kaname, eyes closed this girl is whom he would have chased not Yuuki. Scratch what parents wanted.

"What is your name?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that...? After all this is my room and you came in uninvited."

"Pardon me for forgetting my manners. I'm Aiyora by the way." the pureblood extended her hand for a shake.

"I'm Wakaba Sayori, but most people call me Yori." she took the offered hand and shook gently. "Now would you mind stating what brought a night class student to sun dorm at this hour?"

"I'm looking for Yuuki."

"She hasn't returned yet."

"In that case Wakaba-senpai..." Aiyora inserted a hand inside her uniform pocket and took out an envelope. "...would you pass it to Yuuki sempai for me."'

"Sure." Yori took the envelope elegantly and placed it over her bedside table.

With her mission now accomplished Aiyora headed towards the window and opened it

"Alright then, you gave a good night Wakaba-senpai." then bidding the person farewell, jumped off.

Just as the pureblood landed on the ground her body shattered into hundreds of black snakes and slithered the away out of the sun-dorm, to the moon-dorm.

.

.

.

Later that night when Yuuki returned, Yori handed her the envelope. The guardian was going to keep it for the morning, but when she learned that Aiyora personally came to deliver it the brunette wasted no second to open it.

From the comfort of her bed Yori silently observed her friend as she read the letter with a deep shade of blush now adorning her cheeks.

"Who is it from?" Yori asked, although she already knew. Yuuki's blushing face answered that long before the question was even vocalized.

"Kaname-sempai..."

"What does it say?"

"N-nothing important." Yuuki was not a great liar, however her friend was no nosy person. Yori knew how to give others their space. Which was why the conversation did not proceed further.

"Would you please repeat that."

"Get ready by 8.30 and be at my doorstep by 8.40... it's a date."

"What about the restaurant and reservation?"

"Do not worry... everything is taken care off!"

Kaname was absolutely thrilled to learn that Aiyora was taking him out tonight. When she told him, he became way more excited than it was required. And no matter what he did, he just could not bring himself to conceal that excitement.

It was the first time ever that Kuran Kaname put some effort and got ready. Not that it really mattered, after all he is a pureblood vampire – meaning born with good looks and shall remain that way. He goes to bed at dawn looking good and awakens at dusk looking exactly the same. However for tonight the matter is different. He would be going out with Aiyora – the girl whose beauty can overshadow his own. Hence why the brunette looked at the mirror multiple times throughout the process of getting ready just to make sure his looks were on par with her.

At the agreed upon time he showed up at her door, fully ready. Knocked and waited in anticipation to see what she has done for herself. Minutes later Aiyora answered the door. There was a smile intact on her face, a smile that stopped his heart and stole his breath instantly.

That radiant smile blinded him and prevented him from seeing anything beyond the pink creamy lipstick she was wearing. He did not notice the lavender colored puffy sleeve dress she wore, which ended slightly above the knees. Nor did he see the silver strapped heels. Not even the thick headband decorated with rhinestones that sat atop the head and pushed back all the hair from her face. Forget clothing and accessories, he was in such intense daze that he did not even notice the arching of her eyebrow as she was taking in his appearance from head to toe.

"Are you getting married...!?" Kaname blinked, taken aback by the comment and somewhat coming back to his senses.

"No..."

"Then why have you dressed up like a groom...?" she pointed a finger at him.

He opened his mouth to explain but Aiyora looked at the clock on the hallway behind him and noticed time was running out.

"Never mind... I'll take it from here." She cut him off mid sentence and pulled him inside, grabbing him by the lapel of the suit jacket.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll give you a make over." She told him before instructing him to step inside her closet and strip. While she went into his room to fetch some clothes that defined business casual and threw them at him inside her walk in closet.

"Much better!" Aiyora said proudly smirking at her own choice once Kaname came out fully dressed. She got him out of that overly formal black tuxedo and replaced them with some fun playful colors. For bottoms she gave him a tan colored pant. For shirt, she replaced the plain crisp white with checkered light blue and for blazer it was a navy one which could almost pass as black.

"Shall we get going then..." he offered her his arm, once he thought he was ready.

Aiyora however had other plans hence why instead of following his lead she guided him towards her dresser. "Yes, but after I do your hair..."

The next few minutes passed in blur for Kaname. He simply kept his eyes closed and enjoyed her every little touch while she continued to work on his hair by sprinkling water, blow-drying, adding decent amount of gel and then brush... brush... brush...

"Open your eyes. See if you like it."

His eyes slowly reopened, a little upset by the fact that her work ended sooner than he liked. For a second there Kaname could not recognize the reflection on the mirror. She brushed his hair backwards and gave him a completely different look than what he usually carries. One of his hand reached up to touch the finished result but Aiyora slapped the hand away telling him that it would ruin all her hard work.

"Do you like it?" she asked resting her hands on each of his shoulders. He looked at her through the mirror and once again found himself... captivated.

"Do you like it?" he asked her back.

"I think you look like those underworld boss from the movies. Of course a better and handsome version."

"You think I look handsome?" he asked grabbing one of her hand and bringing it close to his lips to kiss the back of it.

"I just said that. In fact you don't only look handsome, you look smokin hot!" he had no idea what the term 'smokin hot' meant but assumed it to be something good. After all that was what her passionate tone suggested.

"...besides if anyone says anything otherwise it would be an insult to me. As its my hard work that will be questioned."

"As long as you find me handsome, that's all that matters."

"Yeah... now you're talking like a weirdo. Now come on, let's go." She said pulling him up.

.

.

.

The purebloods were standing at the foot of the stairs, waiting for their ride to arrive when Kaname suddenly noticed Yuuki and Zero heading towards them.

"Why are the guardians coming our way?" The surprise on Kaname's face was genuine. They were the last people he was expecting to see at the moment.

"Because you're going on a date... with Yuuki-nee." Aiyora revealed.

"Excuse me!?" The level of excitement on Kaname's face started to descend at the revelation. Sure he was expecting a date... but not with Yuuki.

But, Aiyora was too preoccupied with her disappointment to notice that.

"...however I have no idea why the ex-human is tagging along." She added through gritted teeth.

That explanation kind of went through his one ear and out of the other. Kaname did not care, whether Zero was there or not made no difference to him. In that moment all that the older pureblood could think of was one thing, and that was exactly what he voiced.

"I was under the impression we were going together. Just you and me."

"Well I meant for it to be a surprise. However if memory serves me correct, all I said was that you'd be the one going out on a date. Nothing about us going together was mentioned. ...In any case who cares what I said earlier, it was all done to preserve the surprise."

"Are you not coming?" he took in her appearance properly and the way she was dressed certainly suggested she was going out.

"...well, initially I wasn't supposed to, but now I have no choice. Someone has to keep that third wheeler on bay."

"Where were you going then?" Aiyora's frown deepened at the question. Why was he asking so many questions rather than appreciating the fact she went over the moon and back to arrange this little date with Yuuki.

"To grab a bite with a friend."

"Which friend?"

"Sayomi."

"Which one?" he asked for the surname since there were two Sayomis in the night class. One is Himura Sayomi and the other was Kinomoto Sayomi."

"Kinomoto."

"I thought I told you to keep your distance from that one. She's a bad influence."

"No, she is not! You're just too narrow minded. Just because she has an illegitimate child with her sister's husband does not make her a bad person."

"That is a good enough reason."

"Can we not talk about this now. They're getting close."

"This conversation is not over."

The two pureblood continued to bicker like an old married couple till the guardians joined them.

Yuuki slightly bowed to show her respect and gratitude towards Kaname. And Zero quietly stood behind her with a grumpy face – like he'd be anywhere but where he was currently.

"Thank you for inviting me Kaname-sempai." With her deeply blushed face Yuuki thanked him.

In response Kaname shot Yuuki a slightly confused look. He had no idea what she was talking about. Him inviting her on a date...? When did that happen...? ...well there was only one who could explain this.

Automatically he faced the girl beside him. His firm gaze silently demanding what was going on...?

'Please play along!' Aiyora begged him via telepathy. Kaname said nothing, but only sighed before shifting his focus back to Yuuki.

Once free from Kaname's piercing gaze Aiyora too focused her attention on Yuuki.

"Yuuki-sempai, why did you bring company...?" She tried to keep her voice as down as possible. "...Dates are usually meant for two individuals."

Although it was Yuuki whom Aiyora questioned but it was the person behind her that gave her a reply.

"She's not going anywhere alone with leeches like you and him."

Kaname was about to open his mouth but Aiyora beat him to it.

"Fine... since you have made it this far i'll let you come. Despite being a leech I have more manners than you."

As their ride arrived Zero declared...

"We're going by ourselves." He grabbed hold of one of Yuuki's hand and was about to walk away, when Aiyora grasped the girl's other hand and stopped them.

"She's coming with us. If you want to walk, then by all mean..." She motioned with her hand "...go ahead. The restaurant is couple hour away on foot. So yeah, join us for dessert or to pick her up, whichever comes earliest."

Zero opened his mouth to argue but this time Yuuki intervened

"Zero please... don't cause a scene."

Their eyes clashed. His lilac orbs with her warm chocolate ones. It was only then he took notice of her determination that reflected in her eyes from deep within. Yuuki's mind was already made up and there is nothing he can do, to make her back out of it. By hook or by crook she will go.

The sound of hands clapping broke the guardians staring contest. Both turned to find Aiyora, who was now standing between them carrying a sarcastic face.

"Why not continue this after we return. We're already half hour behind schedule."

.

.

.

Once at the diner and her head much clear, Aiyora finally understood her mistake.

It was not Kaname, but rather Yuuki whom she should have given the whole makeover.

The pureblood turned to have another look at her older brother who was sitting beside her reading through the menu. Did he really need the makeover? No, he didn't. He's handsome to begin with. Her work just elevated his looks and transformed him from a 10 on 10, to a 20 on 10.

And what did that result in...?

All ladies in the restaurant are gawking at him and Yuuki who came looking very basic felt too shy and awkward to even look at him.

Aiyora shifted her focus to Yuuki who was discussing what to order with the person beside her. But her silver haired companion appeared disinterested in everything.

Frankly speaking Aiyora was disappointed with the way Yuuki presented herself tonight. First off why was she wearing a skirt with full sleeve t-shirt when she was clearly instructed to wear a dress. Also what's with that clear gloss? Why no color on the lips...!? Although Aiyora would never even utter it in her life but the thought crossed her mind several times-

Even the waitresses here are presenting themselves better than her.

Then again this restaurant is own by a vampire and Aiyora is well acquainted with the owner's daughter- who is a member of the night class. Hence why the best arrangements have been made for them. Since it is a vampire owned restaurant, most people working here are ordinary level vampires, also known as the level-C's. Therefore not only are they vampires but due to the restaurant standard they must maintain a glamourous image. The men's uniform is pristine black-suit with crisp white shirt and bow-tie and woman have been assigned to black fitted dress with low neck that shows ample amount of cleavage, hair kept neatly and the signature makeup look of winged eyeliner and bold red lips.

At this point Aiyora only saw one way to tackle the situation... Perhaps it's a good thing that she carries her beauty essentials with her at all times.

"I'm going to the ladies room." Aiyora stood up and suddenly announced making all head on the table turn. "Yuuki-sempai let's go..."

"N-No I'm fine." the brunette almost stuttered. Leaving pureblood no choice but to use her power... slightly.

"Yuuki-sempai..." there was something in the voice which made Yuuki obey the following command, even if it was reluctantly.

"...let's go."

"...okay."

Yuuki maybe a clueless human now but that does not change the fact that she's her older sister. Who is currently on a date with the love of her life looking like an absolute mess. As a responsible little sister it became Aiyora's utmost duty to do something. Which was why the pureblood brought them to the ladies room - for a quick fix.

Unfortunately Aiyora's purse was not big enough to carry an entire makeup kit. She only had essentials like eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. But used what was available regardless. She used the eyeliner on Yuuki's upper lash-line and smudged it giving it a blended look. Then coated her lashes with mascara to give them defined length and volume. Finally wiped off the useless clear gloss and dabbed some rosy lipstick to her lips and little bit to her cheeks as blush just to give it a rosy tint.

Returning to the table Aiyora cleared her throat to grab both the boys attention.

Both the brunette and the silverette turned to see the new Yuuki. But to Aiyora's utter dismay Kaname's face mostly remained blank. He did flash her a smile and gave Yuuki a complement but that's about it. Kiryu Zero on the other hand looked a little flustered.

Rest of the evening Yuuki and Aiyora did most of the talking. Aiyora told them all stories about her childhood growing up at the Shiki residence fondly recalling those memories. While Yuuki shared stories during Kaname's visits and some memories after Zero joined the family. Kaname occasionally joined their conversation, but lasted very briefly before resuming back to his drink. And Zero did not even bother to participate. He quietly ate his ramen.

By now it was clear that this so called date was going nowhere leaving Aiyora no option but to call it quit and relabeled it as a night out with friends.

.

.

.

"Let's take a walk..."Aiyora dropped the suggestion. As they stepped out of the restaurant and marched towards the awaiting limo.

"Sure!" And Yuuki was the one who agreed right away thinking it would give her little more time to be around Kaname.

The girls made the decision on their own. The boys were not even asked on their preference.

They split into two pairs. Aiyora of course pushed Yuuki to Kaname's side and when Zero was about to follow she grabbed hold of his arms.

"How about you keep me company..." she told him with a cheeky smile.

"You wish!" Zero scoffed snatching his arm free.

"Listen!" Aiyora pouted, a little insulted by the former human's action. "I don't care about your company but I won't let you do anymore damage than you have already done. Thanks to you my perfectly planned date night for them is ruined. So if you don't cooperate i'll have to bend my fingers." Towards the end her words turned to threat but the pureblood did not care, as long as this guy was off of her siblings back.

.

.

.

On their way back, inside the limousine...

Aiyora was going through real struggle to keep her eyes open. At this point her system was starting to shut off. The girl doubted she'd be able to stay up till they reach the academy.

"Tired?" Aiyora felt the backside of a hand caress her face. She turned, only to see it was Kaname, gazing at her worriedly.

"Sleepy." she answered covering her mouth to hide her yawn.

"But its only 2.30 a.m..." it sounded like he was complaining as his hand moved from her face to her hair, took a lock between his fingers and started to play along with it.

"For your information I had no ounce if sleep for the past 72 hours. I was too busy organizing this night." Aiyora told him facing the window to look at the street they were passing by. Briefly her eyes settled on Yuuki, who alongside her partner were sitting on the opposite side. The brunette was throwing shy secret gazes at Kaname whenever Zero was not looking. She also appeared tired however her condition wasn't as bad as Aiyora's.

"I see... thank you Ai, your hard work is greatly appreciated." The lock of her hair that he was still twirling, now brought it to his lips.

Seeing how she was struggling to suppress her yawn and keep those eyes open Kaname offered to put her to sleep, placing a hand over her head,

"...let me help you then."

"No need, save your energy... I'm too exhausted and will most likely pass out any moment now."

"In that case," he turned sideways and pulled her into his arms. Aiyora did not fight him, nor did she have the strength to do so, when he gathered her form into his arms and gently pulled her onto him. Moreover she lost the battle to sleep the moment her head was laid to rest on his chest. It was either his calming scent, or his hand gently rubbing her back that made her surrender to slumber. But before Aiyora could figure that out she was already in her dreamland.

The other occupants inside the vehicle watched the purebloods cuddle.

While Zero kept directly looking at them in disdain. Yuuki however was a slightly different story. She looked away from them after Kaname subconsciously kissed the crown of the sleeping girl's head and buried his face there.

Her warm brown orbs focused on her lap after briefly staring out through the window. The initial plan was to look outside the entire time, but the reflection on the glass showed more than what she wanted to see. Yuuki did not want to feel envious. But somehow could not stop her soul from feeling crushed and crunched and stomped under the feet. She wasn't even sure why she was feeling such way in the first place! They are siblings. It is natural for them to love each other.

...But such deep affection? The way Kaname was holding his sister... so possessively and protectively that if she didn't know any better, Yuuki would have assumed them to be something different... perhaps lovers!

That very thought made Yuuki's heart skip a beat. And it gained Zero's attention instantly. His lavender orbs were gazing at her worriedly.

Kaname surprisingly remained oblivious. Well, that was what he wanted them to think. In his defence, there was a lot going on with him at the very moment. First off he was slightly intoxicated from all the drinks he drained at the restaurant. Second —with each breath he took, Aiyora's lavender essence flooded his system and made him feel high. Making him unable to focus on anything beyond her.

The brunette pulled back slightly only so that he could have another glimpse of the girl so peacefully sleeping in his arms. ...Unknown to him, a small smile graced the corner of his lips.

... when had this happened? Since when had he become so blinded every time in her presence? Even now, when Yuuki –the girl who was born to be his destiny in this lifetime was present right in front of him... yet he could not bring himself tear his gaze away from the person in his arms and look at her...his true bride.

Kaname could only wonder what was happening... and more importantly why...?

The car drove through at a steady speed and realization after realization settled in within Kaname's ancient heart, which only knew one thing up until this time... Yuuki... Yuuki and Yuuki!

It felt as if... for the first time in years he was seeing everything clearly and the image that flashed into his mind was not of his Yuuki. It was not her, when it should have been...

In spur of the moment, that unsolicited thought, which he had hidden deeply inside the core of the heart, suddenly made its appearance before him...

He was in love with her...

He was in love with the girl, who right now slept so peacefully surrendering herself to his vulnerable arms.
He was in love with the girl, whose very existence destroyed the chance of family and happiness he had in this life.
He was in love with the girl, who was born from the flesh and blood of his ultimate threat. The one that could destroy him and every thing he holds dear relentlessly.

He fell in love with this girl, for who she was... beautiful, cunning and sometimes very shameless. He loved how confident and bold she grew. He loved, how at times she spoke without thinking. He loved her even when she was irrational, partial and displayed her anger. He also loved her when she was thirsty. Despite hating vampires' glowing blood-lusted crimson eyes, he found her one's to be alluring. He absolutely loved how she loved herself for who she was — a vampire. In fact being with her, has caused him to love himself and gladly embrace his vampirism. He no longer secretly wishes to be human, nor does he crave the sun anymore. He now has newfound love for the moonlight and this world of darkness.

But most importantly what he admires and adores is her kind heart. Even after everything he had done she still forgave him!

Time has taught me, that this heart has chosen you...

And all these led Kuran Kaname to fall insanely and irrecoverably in love with Kuran Aiyora- the daughter of Kuran Rido! Who happen to be his arch nemesis and the ultimate threat to his existence. And this very realization did not bother him or burden his heart with guilt a least a bit... even though it should have, gravely.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A.N. Thank you all for reading. Hope you guys enjoyed this long chapter. Finally Kaname have reached a new point in his life. Well i guess its safe to say the triangle has finally begun. Also, hope you don't think Yuuki was ooc in this chapter. I didn't plan to show her as jealous girl but if you guys remember from the anime she did feel down watching Kaname get offered girls...

next chapter will be my take on Noir's trap. it's one of the extra novels based on night class. after that we're coming back to the anime timeline again.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or confusion and lemme know your thoughts on pairings now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 6.7K 52
Your whole life has been a lie. Your past is a mystery. When you become closer to Kaname Kuran, a Pureblood vampire, you start to discover more abo...
253K 6.8K 28
**UNDERGOING EDITING** Sakura is the unknown daughter of Juuri and Haruka Kuran. No one knows of her existence except the Kuran family. Why? To prote...
87.6K 3.7K 46
[Vampire Knight Fan-fic] The Angelo Twins were born into one of the most powerful and respected Pureblood families, but while growing up the youngest...
149K 3.9K 19
The Tsukumo family was a powerful and kind pureblood family. The two parents had a daughter, who inherited a great amount of power, that was sealed i...