Reaper of the Empire (Akame G...

By Nardarion18

F/N should never have been born, yet by chance he was. He was trained for a single purpose. Find out his sto... More

Chapter 1: Baby's Beginning
Chapter 2: Adopted Assassin
Chapter 3: In the West Part 1
Chapter 4: In the West Part 2
Chapter 5: The Discovery
Chapter 6: Being Disowned
Chapter 7: The Young Assassin Part 1
Chapter 8: The Young Assassin Part 2
Chapter 9: Howling Dog Bandits
Chapter 10: A Friend
Chapter 11: The Reaper Part 1
Chapter 12: The Reaper Part 2
Chapter 13: Girls in the Forest
Chapter 14: Elite Seven
Chapter 15: Oarburgh Assault Part 1
Chapter 16: Oarburgh Assault Part 2
Chapter 17: Betrayal
Chapter 18: The Empire's True Colors
Chapter 19: Night of Fire
Chapter 20: Village Boy
Chapter 21: Aria's Kindness
Chapter 22: Seeing the Corruption
Chapter 23: New Beginning
Chapter 24: First Assignment
Chapter 25: Ogre Hunting
Chapter 26: Settling In
Chapter 27: The Headhunter Part 1
Chapter 28: The Headhunter Part 2
Chapter 29: Teigu Education
Chapter 30: Night Talk
Chapter 31: Weak
Chapter 32: Tensui Village
Chapter 33: The Lost Teigu
Chapter 34: Starving Village
Chapter 35: Tatsumi's Undercover Mission
Chapter 36: A Stylish Attack
Chapter 37: New Recruits
Chapter 38: Training in the Mountains
Chapter 39: Forty-Eighth Teigu
Chapter 40: Kill the Slavers
Chapter 42: Island Adventure
Chapter 43: Back to Work
Chapter 44: Traitor to the Revolution
Chapter 45: Kill the Jaegers Part 1
Chapter 46: Kill the Jaegers Part 2
Chapter 47: Kill the Jaegers Part 3
Chapter 48: Kill the Jaegers Part 4
Chapter 49: Kill the Demons
Chapter 50: The Promised Revenge
Chapter 51: Kill the Fallen Priest
Chapter 52: The Trek Home
Chapter 53: Kill the Reaper
Chapter 54: Reaper's Cabin
Chapter 55: Division

Chapter 41: Stylish Experiments

2.6K 49 8
By Nardarion18

While Night Raid was busy dealing with the men under Bach's authority that tortured Air, Fal, and Luna the Jaegers have continued to clear out the bandits around the Capital. As a result of their efforts most of the bandits in the area have been killed off. Many of the bandits that are still alive have fled from the Capital. General Esdeath has been called by the Emperor to meet with him. She is now in the Imperial throne room along with the Emperor and Prime Minister Honest.

Emperor: "Good work in clearing out the bandits. As a result of the Jaegers efforts nearly all of the bandits that are in the areas surrounding the Capital have all been killed."

Esdeath: "Thank you my lord. It has been fun dealing with them."

Emperor: "Night Raid has also been keeping a low profile as of late. They must be quite terrified of you. You have been doing some fine work."

Honest: "As a reward for clearing out the bandits we will be providing you with money."
Esdeath: "Forward all of the reward money to my soldiers I have stationed up north."

Honest: "You truly are a benevolent leader."

Esdeath: "Soldiers follow a leader they respect and will fight harder for them. With how I treat my soldiers it is no wonder that my soldiers are the strongest in the empire."

Esdeath begins to leave.

Honest: "Before you go I have a matter of business that I would like to discuss with you in private."

Esdeath agrees and they go to Honest's quarters for the meeting.

Honest: "I have received news of a new kind of danger beast showing up around the Capital. Apparently they are very aggressive and have even been breaking into homes and devouring the residents."

Esdeath: "I have heard the reports of them as well. Supposedly they appear to be somewhat human like and quite strong."

Honest: "That is what I have heard as well. I would like the Jaegers to help eliminate them for us as they are causing quite a bit of trouble. General Budo wants them all destroyed, but I see that as a waste. I would like you to collect a few specimens for me."

Esdeath: "I have already taken an interest in them so my Jaegers will handle this. I suppose catching a two or three for you will not be too much trouble."

Esdeath gets up to leave.

Honest: "Very good. Make sure to get some feisty ones for me."

On the road to the Capital there is a band of merchants traveling that are in a rush to reach the city before nightfall. One of them says, "This area is dangerous, we need to speed it up before any of those new danger beasts show up." Another merchant says, "You are right we should step on it." Despite their best efforts they see a group of the new species of danger beast running at them. The danger beasts have gray skin and look like overgrown humans. As the beasts near the wagon the merchants are using, a figure jumps past the wagon and punches one of the beasts. He then activates his flamethrower Teigu called Rubicante. This man is Bols of the Jaegers and he proceeds to burn the danger beasts to a crisp. Several of them run away to a different part of the forest.

Bols turns to the merchants he saved. He says, "Worry not the danger is gone now. You have no need to be afraid." The appearance of a man in a white mask with a flamethrower scares the merchants more than the danger beasts did. Before they can go anywhere though Seryu comes up behind them and says, "Worry not good citizens, the monsters have been vanquished by the flames of justice. You are safe now." The merchants turn to see the girl, who appears normal, and say, "Oh thank goodness. You really saved us."

Meanwhile the three danger beasts that ran away run straight into the group consisting of Kurome and Esdeath. With a very little effort Esdeath uses her Teigu Demon's Extract to freeze the danger beasts in place. Esdeath says, "These should make fine subjects for the Prime Minister's research." As Kurome looks at the three danger beasts that have been frozen in place she starts to drool slightly. Seeing this Esdeath says, "They are not a snack. Now let us take these back for the minister." With that the two of them drag the frozen danger beasts back to the Capital.

After the mission to recover several danger beasts Kurome and Wave are playing chess in the Jaegers' base. While they are in the middle of their game Bols walks in with some tea and cake for the two of them to enjoy. Wave is clearly bothered by something.

Wave: "I cannot believe how those merchants treated you after you saved them."

Bols: "Don't worry about it Wave. I did a good deed that is all that matters."

Wave: "If they just knew how nice of a guy you are then they would not treat you like that."

Bols: "I am not a nice guy Wave. I have gone to villages filled with disease and burned everyone and everything to the ground. I have also acted as an executioner and killed some innocent people."

Wave is about to respond and tell Bols he is wrong when a knock comes at the door. Bols opens it to see that his wife Kije and daughter Logue have come to visit. Wave and Kurome are stunned to see how beautiful Bols's wife is.

Kije: "Honey you forgot your lunch on the counter. If you don't eat you will get tired with how demanding of a job you have."

Logue: "Daddy made a boo-boo."

Bols: "Oh yes I am such an airhead sometimes."

Logue: "Daddy, hold me."

Bols then picks his daughter up and turns to Wave saying: "Wave I appreciate your concern, but my wife and daughter know all about me and my past. They love me besides all of it. They are all that I really need."

Wave thinks: "First I failed to comfort Seryu when Dr. Stylish went missing, and now I have failed again."

Later that day outside the Imperial palace Run sees General Esdeath looking at some flowers. He decides that he should go and see if she has learned anything about where the new species of danger beast has come from.

Run: "Captain have you heard anything about the source of these new danger beasts."

Esdeath: "The minister has done some experiments on them and thinks it is possible that they were once human."

Run: "They do appear quite human like so that would make sense. However, who would make something like that? The only person that I know of who did experiments on humans like that was Dr. Stylish."

Esdeath: "Perhaps the doctor was even crazier than I imagined."

Run: "When I investigated his lab I did think it was odd that I did not find any of his subjects there. He was always working on something, so I find it odd that there were no subjects there. It is likely he had another lab that we don't know about."

Esdeath: "If so then there should only be a finite number of these danger beasts as the doctor is likely dead. However, the creatures don't seem to be all that smart. I doubt they could have gotten out of the lab on their own."
Run: "Do you think that someone let them out of the lab?"

Esdeath: "If we are right and they are Dr. Stylish's experiments then yes that would be the most logical assumption to make."

Run: "That is rather interesting. I will try to look more into this."

Run then begins to leave the area, but before he leaves turns back to Esdeath.

Run: "It is odd to see you stopping to admire the flowers like this Captain."
Esdeath: "Oh these. These flowers cause excruciating pain when rubbed into an open wound. I use them when I torture people."
Run: "That is very interesting. I will have to remember that."

Meanwhile, after killing off the men that Air informed the team about, Night Raid has returned to doing jobs as normal. All of the members are still training to get stronger preparing for the day when the Revolutionary army contacts them and says it is time for the final assault. Until that time all of the members of Night Raid plan to continue to grow stronger, so they will survive the upcoming war

Night Raid's training gets cut short when Najenda calls all of the members together for an emergency meeting less than a week after wiping out Bach's crew. Every member of Night Raid makes sure to hurry to the base despite some of them planning on going out on a mission to hear what the boss has to say.

Najenda: "We have received news about a new form of danger beast that is attacking people near the Capital. Supposedly they look somewhat like humans. Several days ago some of these danger beasts broke into a cabin and killed the residents there. We have received several requests to eradicate these danger beasts before they can do any more harm. The Imperial military and the Jaegers are already working to eliminate them, however even with their combined efforts they are not even making a dent."

Mine: "If they are giving the Empire trouble it is not likely a trap."

Najenda: "We would undoubtedly be helping the Empire if we took this job. I would like to hear all of your opinions."

Leone: "It could be hard to help as we would need to avoid any Imperial soldiers in the area."

Najenda: "Shouldn't be a problem. We are Night Raid, we do our work while the soldiers are off duty."

Leone: "Oh yeah."

Tatsumi: "Aren't we supposed to be helping the people of the Empire? If we let these monsters keep killing people then we really aren't doing our job. I am alright with helping the Empire if it means we are saving innocent lives."

F/N: "I agree. Regardless of our opinions of the Empire, letting creatures like these continue to roam the area would be foolish."

Chelsea: "Really are you all going to go along with this? Let the Jaegers get themselves killed. There is no reason for us to risk our lives to help them."

Tatsumi: "We shouldn't just stand idly by when we can do something to help."

Najenda: "As with the previous mission if you are against helping the Empire you can sit this one out."

Leone: "If they are giving the Jaegers trouble then they have got to be strong. It could be fun to kill them off."

In the end Chelsea is the only member of the team that elects to sit the mission out. Susanoo also plans to stay at the base to help protect it from any potential attacks from the human-like danger beasts. The team splits up into groups of two to go and investigate the danger beasts that night and kill any that they find. The teams are Akame and Lubbock, Leone and Mine, and Tatsumi with F/N. With the teams all created they each discuss which area they will cover, so that Night Raid can cover as much ground as possible.

As night falls the members of Night Raid head out to search for any of the new danger beasts. All of the teams encounter several of the beasts and are able to kill them with ease. Individually the beasts are strong, but compared to Night Raid they are still quite weak. While he is fighting the danger beasts F/N notices that upon killing them he gets a pure white mist from them. This is the same type of mist that comes out of humans, which makes him think that these beasts may originally have been human.

Once they have cleared out the danger beasts in their area Tatsumi and F/N decide to search a nearby mountain for any signs of the danger beasts. It is the last area that they need to check before returning to base for the night. As they scale the mountain they find no signs of any danger beasts.

Tatsumi: "Well all that is left is the peak. I will go check that out."

F/N: "I will come with you just as a precaution. There are no danger beasts down here, however we could find some on the peak."
Tatsumi: "It would be easier if I just go by myself."

F/N: "Perhaps, however I think it is best we stick together just to be on the safe side."
Tatsumi: "Alright, I guess it cannot hurt."

With this decided the two of them climb to the top of the mountain to see if they can find any of the danger beasts up there. F/N senses some other types of danger beasts on the mountain which the two of them kill off quickly. They decide that there is nothing else up there and Tatsumi transforms out of Incursio. Then all of a sudden a human falls out of the sky. Looking, F/N and Tatsumi both immediately recognize the person who has joined them on the peak. It is General Esdeath.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.5K 57
Having been presumed dead, Akira woke up without any recollection of who he was. The only thing he does remember was his name, and the memory of a vi...
99.6K 1.7K 42
"I'm giving you this advice for your sake, because in the future you need to make a choice on what you do. He's lost his family and will never truly...
32.3K 895 79
A Young Pirate from the East Blue sets off in the world to become someone. However, he soon finds out that the capital is extremely corrupt. WIll he...
80.4K 1.6K 24
DISCONTINUED! Planning to REMAKE IN THE FUTURE »«The world is cruel but it's also beautiful, Nothing feels complete without the other»« "That's what...