Reaper of the Empire (Akame G...

Por Nardarion18

F/N should never have been born, yet by chance he was. He was trained for a single purpose. Find out his sto... Más

Chapter 1: Baby's Beginning
Chapter 2: Adopted Assassin
Chapter 3: In the West Part 1
Chapter 4: In the West Part 2
Chapter 5: The Discovery
Chapter 6: Being Disowned
Chapter 7: The Young Assassin Part 1
Chapter 8: The Young Assassin Part 2
Chapter 9: Howling Dog Bandits
Chapter 10: A Friend
Chapter 11: The Reaper Part 1
Chapter 12: The Reaper Part 2
Chapter 13: Girls in the Forest
Chapter 14: Elite Seven
Chapter 15: Oarburgh Assault Part 1
Chapter 16: Oarburgh Assault Part 2
Chapter 17: Betrayal
Chapter 18: The Empire's True Colors
Chapter 19: Night of Fire
Chapter 20: Village Boy
Chapter 21: Aria's Kindness
Chapter 22: Seeing the Corruption
Chapter 23: New Beginning
Chapter 24: First Assignment
Chapter 25: Ogre Hunting
Chapter 26: Settling In
Chapter 28: The Headhunter Part 2
Chapter 29: Teigu Education
Chapter 30: Night Talk
Chapter 31: Weak
Chapter 32: Tensui Village
Chapter 33: The Lost Teigu
Chapter 34: Starving Village
Chapter 35: Tatsumi's Undercover Mission
Chapter 36: A Stylish Attack
Chapter 37: New Recruits
Chapter 38: Training in the Mountains
Chapter 39: Forty-Eighth Teigu
Chapter 40: Kill the Slavers
Chapter 41: Stylish Experiments
Chapter 42: Island Adventure
Chapter 43: Back to Work
Chapter 44: Traitor to the Revolution
Chapter 45: Kill the Jaegers Part 1
Chapter 46: Kill the Jaegers Part 2
Chapter 47: Kill the Jaegers Part 3
Chapter 48: Kill the Jaegers Part 4
Chapter 49: Kill the Demons
Chapter 50: The Promised Revenge
Chapter 51: Kill the Fallen Priest
Chapter 52: The Trek Home
Chapter 53: Kill the Reaper
Chapter 54: Reaper's Cabin
Chapter 55: Division

Chapter 27: The Headhunter Part 1

3.9K 67 5
Por Nardarion18

After the last mission F/N has been assigned to work with Leone at least for the following day. This amounts to doing very little as Leone is in charge of the shopping for the base, which she took care of the previous day, so they don't need to go anywhere. F/N and Leone do spar for a short time, and F/N notices that Leone is very aggressive in her fighting style. To F/N this seems foolish as it leaves too many openings. However, Leone's strength makes up for the many openings that she leaves in fighting. In the end the sparring match ends with F/N losing despite getting in multiple hits.

Once they have finished sparring Leone and F/N head back into the hideout to have some lunch. F/N notices that Leone grabs some sake to drink along with her food. F/N just grabs some of the meat that they have in storage along with water to drink. As the two of them are eating, F/N can tell that Leone is getting drunk from all the sake that she is drinking. He hopes this will not be a problem if they have a mission in the near future. While they are eating Leone decides to get to know F/N better.

Leone: "So F/N you were raised to be an assassin right?"

F/N: "That is right."

Leone: "What was that like?"

F/N: "It was fine I guess. I don't really know what most people's childhood is like so to me it was normal. I learned a lot as Gozuki wanted me to know everything that could be useful for me to be an assassin. That is why I was trained to use so many different types of weapons."

Leone: "If all you were only ever taught how to do is things that would help you as an assassin, what are you going to do once we have fixed the Empire?"

F/N: "Not sure. I assume that there will still be people that are corrupt for me to eliminate. If I do run out of those people I guess I will just live as a hunter or something."

Leone: "That does not sound like much of a life. Don't you want to have a family, or something."

F/N: "Never thought about it."

Leone: "So basically you only think about things that will help you as an assassin."

F/N: "Mostly. I do occasionally think about other things, but usually my focus is on things pertaining to killing."

Leone: "Once this whole ordeal with the Empire is over I am going to show you how much fun life can be."

F/N: "Isn't it a little early to be considering what you are going to do after the Empire has been corrected?"

Leone: "Might as well plan now for the future I figure."

F/N: "Well I would prefer to focus on what we have to get done now rather than thinking about a future that may not come."

Before the conversation can continue F/N gets up having finished his meal and heads outside the hideout for some more training. Seeing him go Leone mumbles under her breath, "That guy doesn't know how to have fun. I doubt I will be able to change that though. Too bad."

The following several days go by without much excitement while Najenda is gone to meet with several officials in the Revolutionary Army. F/N continues to work with Leone and they go on several missions to assassinate targets that they get contracts for. Each of them is verified before they kill the target. F/N notices that Leone has too much fun fighting her targets and is not serious enough about killing the target and moving on. This results in F/N killing most of the targets ending Leone's enjoyment prematurely.

As soon as Najenda gets back all of Night Raid is called together for their next mission.

Najenda: "Night Raid has got their next target. We are to kill Zanku the Headhunter."

Tatsumi: "Who is that?"

Mine: "You don't know who Zanku is? Wow you are ready from the countryside."

Sheele: "I don't know who he is either."

Mine: "Seriously, Sheele you probably just forgot. Zanku used to be the head executioner at the biggest prison in the Empire. He was in charge of beheading convicted people. The minister orders a lot of beheadings so Zanku was really busy cutting people's heads off. Over the years it got to him and Zanku went insane from all the killing. He left the prison and became a serial killer."

Najenda: "He is the serial killer that has been beheading people in the Capital as of late."

Tatsumi: "He must be strong. I heard some of the people that he has killed were guards."

Najenda: "While he is strong that is not the main problem. Zanku has a Teigu that he got from the warden of the prison when he left there."

Tatsumi: "What exactly is a Teigu?"

Akame thrusts her sword in front of Tatsumi, almost hitting him.

Akame: "This is a Teigu."

Tatsumi: "I am going to need a little more information than that."

Najenda: "Well you are one of us now so I suppose I should explain. When the first emperor that founded this Empire realized he would not live forever, he came up with a different plan. He gathered some of the greatest minds in the world at the time to create powerful weapons to protect his Empire. He gathered materials from S-class danger beasts as well as precious materials such as oricalcum. The emperor made 48 of these weapons which have come to be known as Teigu. Among them there is the One Hit Killer: Murasame which has Akame. A single cut from it inflicts a powerful cursed poison that kills the targets in seconds. There is no antidote. Leone has The King of Beasts Transformation: Lionelle, which grants the user the speed and strength of a wide animal. It also enhances the user's sense of smell. Bulat has the Demon Armor: Incursio, which is nearly impervious to attacks. It is so heavy that an ordinary person would be killed putting it on. Then there is Roman Artillery: Pumpkin that Mine has. It shoots off the emotional energy of its user as a blast of energy. The most powerful the emotions the stronger the blast. Lubboack has the Infinite Uses: Cross Tails which is a string based weapon. It is highly versatile. There is also Sheele's Cutter of Creation: Extase. These are powerful scissors that can cut through anything. They are also strong enough to be used for defense."

Tatsumi: "That is so cool. Do I get a weapon like one of these?"

Mine: "Do you think we just have a Teigu lying around to give to you?"

Tatsumi: "I guess not."

Najenda: "Don't worry you will likely be getting your own soon enough. Each Teigu has incredible powers that it gets from the beast that was killed to create it. In addition, some Teigu possess a trump card that is an additional power added to what they can already do. For example Icursio allows the user to become invisible."

Akame: "Do we know which Teigu Zanku has?"

Najenda: "We do not. Remember that the Teigu are so powerful that they have followed an ironclad rule ever since they were created. If two Teigu wielders engage each other in battle it always ends in the death of one of them. This means that while mutual death is a possibility, mutual survival is clearly not."

Bulat: "We should all go in groups of two for safety reasons."

Najenda: "The teams will be F/N and Tatsumi, Leone and Bulat, Akame and Lubbock, and Mine and Sheele. Make sure to kill the target."

With the assignments now made the team all head out to the Capital to hunt down and kill Zanku. It is night when they arrive in the Capital. F/N and Tatsumi are in charge of looking around the eastern part of the Capital. As they are searching for any sign of Zanku they are forced to avoid being spotted by any members of the Imperial police that are searching all over the Capital for Zanku.

After spending some time searching, F/N and Tatsumi stop to eat some of the food that they brought. F/N is eating a chicken leg while Tatsumi is eating a crepe. After eating, Tatsumi gets up. He says, "I will be right back." F/N replies, "What is natural calling or something like that?" The look on Tatsumi's face tells F/N that he is right. Tatsumi proceeds to walk down an alley near where the two of them are eating.

Fifteen minutes pass without Tatsumi coming back, which annoys F/N. He goes down the alley that Tatsumi went to and finds no sign of him. This makes F/N start to worry. He figures that Tatsumi has probably done something stupid like chase after Zanku himself. He hopes that Tatsumi will be alright as he is not sure how well Tatsumi will do in combat against Zanku. While F/N does not know what Teigu Zanku has, he figures whatever it is will give him a distinct advantage against Tatsumi in battle.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

43K 1.3K 40
Enter Izuku 'Deku' Midoriya, A hero-in-training, aiming to be the Number One Hero, he's encountered obstacles and challenges on his journey. But what...
80.4K 1.6K 24
DISCONTINUED! Planning to REMAKE IN THE FUTURE »«The world is cruel but it's also beautiful, Nothing feels complete without the other»« "That's what...
283K 5.4K 38
What is Time? For the Empire it's like poison. the longer it goes on, the more corrupt it becomes. For others, it's almost Irrelevant. Like Y/n L/n...
39.6K 507 40
After Tatsumi barely survived his fight with the emperor's Teigu known as Shikoutazer he began the merging of Incursio to keep the promess he made, T...