Reaper of the Empire (Akame G...

By Nardarion18

F/N should never have been born, yet by chance he was. He was trained for a single purpose. Find out his sto... More

Chapter 1: Baby's Beginning
Chapter 2: Adopted Assassin
Chapter 3: In the West Part 1
Chapter 4: In the West Part 2
Chapter 5: The Discovery
Chapter 6: Being Disowned
Chapter 7: The Young Assassin Part 1
Chapter 8: The Young Assassin Part 2
Chapter 9: Howling Dog Bandits
Chapter 10: A Friend
Chapter 11: The Reaper Part 1
Chapter 12: The Reaper Part 2
Chapter 13: Girls in the Forest
Chapter 14: Elite Seven
Chapter 15: Oarburgh Assault Part 1
Chapter 16: Oarburgh Assault Part 2
Chapter 17: Betrayal
Chapter 18: The Empire's True Colors
Chapter 19: Night of Fire
Chapter 20: Village Boy
Chapter 21: Aria's Kindness
Chapter 22: Seeing the Corruption
Chapter 23: New Beginning
Chapter 24: First Assignment
Chapter 26: Settling In
Chapter 27: The Headhunter Part 1
Chapter 28: The Headhunter Part 2
Chapter 29: Teigu Education
Chapter 30: Night Talk
Chapter 31: Weak
Chapter 32: Tensui Village
Chapter 33: The Lost Teigu
Chapter 34: Starving Village
Chapter 35: Tatsumi's Undercover Mission
Chapter 36: A Stylish Attack
Chapter 37: New Recruits
Chapter 38: Training in the Mountains
Chapter 39: Forty-Eighth Teigu
Chapter 40: Kill the Slavers
Chapter 41: Stylish Experiments
Chapter 42: Island Adventure
Chapter 43: Back to Work
Chapter 44: Traitor to the Revolution
Chapter 45: Kill the Jaegers Part 1
Chapter 46: Kill the Jaegers Part 2
Chapter 47: Kill the Jaegers Part 3
Chapter 48: Kill the Jaegers Part 4
Chapter 49: Kill the Demons
Chapter 50: The Promised Revenge
Chapter 51: Kill the Fallen Priest
Chapter 52: The Trek Home
Chapter 53: Kill the Reaper
Chapter 54: Reaper's Cabin
Chapter 55: Division

Chapter 25: Ogre Hunting

4.6K 83 4
By Nardarion18

Following dinner, Mine, Lubbock, Bulat, and Sheele all leave for a special request assignment that Lubbock received from the client that Mine and F/N saw earlier in the day. This leaves only F/N, Akame, Tatsumi, Leone, and Najenda at the base. All of them except for Tatsumi appear to be in a good mood. F/N can tell that Tatsumi has not enjoyed being teamed up with Akame all day. When he gets the chance F/N decides to check on Tatsumi.

F/N: "How has your day gone?"

Tatsumi: "It was awful. That girl is so cold to me. She is terrible at communicating too. It is like she expects me to fail or something."

F/N: "That is not it at all. She wants you to succeed, but is not sure that you will. That is why she is being cold to you. As for communicating, she has never been the most talkative person. Usually she is more open once she gets to know you."

Tatsumi: "I guess you do know her fairly well, so I will trust you."

The following day Leone reports that she got a contract from a woman in town. The woman told Leone about crimes that an oil merchant named Gamal along with Imperial Police captain Ogre have been committing. According to the woman Ogre has been accepting bribes from Gamal and then framing innocent people for the crimes that Gamal was committing. The woman's husband was one of the victims and was executed for a crime he didn't commit.

Leone: "So that is the job request. The woman paid it all up front."

Tatsumi: "I am surprised she was able to gather up so much money."

Leone: "She smelled sickly. I think she has been selling her body."

Najenda: "Can we trust the story?"

Leone: "My instincts tell me that they are guilty, and my instincts have never steered me wrong yet."

F/N: "I have heard rumors about Ogre taking bribes from criminals for similar reasons, but I have never found much evidence to support it. I would guess that the story is true as well."

Najenda: "Very well then Night Raid will accept this assignment."

Leone: "Gamal will probably be an easy target, Ogre on the other hand is a skilled swordsman. Worse yet he is almost always surrounded by his own Imperial Police squad. He is almost never alone. He even has the meetings with Gamal in his quarters. The only time he is alone is when he goes drinking at the bar near the Imperial palace on his days off. We should take care of this when the others get back."

Tatsumi: "We don't know when the others will be back right? We should act now. The five of us can handle it."

Leone: "Careful, keep acting like a big shot and we may make you back it up."

Najenda: "We cannot send Akame there as they already know what she looks like."

Tatsumi: "We cannot just sit around and wait. While we are waiting more innocent people could be getting killed. I can take care of Ogre."

Akame: "You're not ready."

Tatsumi: "You have seen my fight. I am plenty skilled to take him down."

Akame: "That is not what I meant. You are not ready to kill people."

Tatsumi: "I killed Aria didn't I."

Akame: "Can you kill someone under any circumstance?"

Tatsumi: "Well I don't know."

F/N: "I could go if you want. I doubt Ogre will stand much of a chance against me."

Akame: "He is right. F/N could probably kill Ogre even when he is surrounded by his police squad."

Najenda: "Let's test Tatsumi with this mission. I want Leone and Akame to go after the oil merchant while F/N and Tatsumi handle Ogre. F/N you are to provide back up only. If Tatsumi is going to get hurt, make sure to protect him and kill Ogre. Otherwise let Tatsumi handle the mission. You will report back how he does."

F/N: "Very well."

Tatsumi: "I don't need a babysitter to watch me."

Najenda: "It is just a precaution. F/N has completed many assignments, and is a more natural choice to send. However, I want to give you the chance while still having a safety net."

Tatsumi: "Alright fine. See Akame when push comes to shove I can get the job done."

Akame: "I will withhold judgement until you get back. If you begin with overconfidence you will die."

In the end Akame and Leone go to Gamal's estate to deal with him while F/N and Tatsumi head to the bar where Ogre should be. The mission for Akame and Leone goes very smoothly as they kill Gamal without much effort. Leone grabs him from behind, holding him as Akame stabs him through the heart.

On the way to the bar F/N decides to tell Tatsumi a bit about Akame so he will understand her better.

F/N: "I feel like I should explain why Akame is the way she is. Akame and her sister were sold to the Empire as assassins when they were kids about eight years ago. They were some of about one hundred children trained. Many of the kids died very quickly. Akame has seen many of the friends that she grew up with die in front of her very eyes. She has suffered more than most, so she doesn't like to get attached to people."

Tatsumi: "I get it. There are some things I don't understand that a professional does."

F/N: "There is a lot you still need to learn, but you will learn some more if you survive tonight. Lure Ogre out into the alley and kill him there. I will be watching on a building to make sure you are fine. I won't act unless you are in danger."

After this discussion F/N climbs onto the roof of a building just as planned. He waits and soon sees Tatsumi leading Ogre out into the alley as planned. Ogre is a large man wearing Imperial police armor. He is missing his left eye. His right eye is red with a black sclera. F/N overserves as Tatsumi gets on his hands and knees begging Ogre to let him join the Imperial police.

Ogre: "I should have guessed it was something like this. Look kid, follow the procedure just like everyone else."

Tatsumi: "I tried and they would not even take my application."

Ogre: "That is not my problem."

Ogre then turns to leave the area. Tatsumi silently draws his sword and lunges at Ogre. He slashes through Ogre's side. As a result of this Ogre falls to the ground. Tatsumi starts to walk away as Ogre slowly gets up. F/N prepares his bow to shoot, as Ogre rushes at Tatsumi. Tatsumi notices Ogre coming just in time and blocks his attack with his own sword. The ground crack as a result of this impact. After Ogre does some taunting of Tatsumi, F/N watches as Tatsumi cuts off both of Ogre's arms. He then jumps in the air and as he comes down slices Ogre into pieces. This time Ogre really is dead.

Now that Ogre is really dead, F/N comes down from his post and the two head back to the Night Raid hideout. Tatsumi proudly reports his successful defeat of Ogre. He also brags about how he did not even get a scratch. To F/N's amusement Akame walks over and pulls Tatsumi's shirt off. Akame then says, "Boss. Leone. Grab him." Akame then pulls Tatsumi's pants down and goes around looking at him to see if he got any injuries while Leone holds Tatsumi in place. Finally Akame finishes her inspection.

Akame: "Thank goodness. I have seen people die of infections from injuries they were too proud to report. I am glad you are alright."

F/N: "Tatsumi, Akame just wants to make sure you don't die. She wanted to make sure you came back from this mission perfectly fine."

Tatsumi: "Don't worry Akame I will keep coming back from missions just like I did from this one."

Akame: "Thank you."

Leone: "Oh this is so sweet, especially since you are almost naked."

Tatsumi turns bright red and says, "That is because you guys pulled my clothes off."

F/N: "Overall, Tatsumi you did really well. I was impressed that you handled Ogre so well. The only issue I saw is that you are overconfident in your abilities. After you first struck Ogre you assumed he was dead. Never assume a target is dead until you verify it. If you let your guard down like that again, it could end badly. I was there and you would have been fine this time, but in the future it could end differently."

Tatsumi: "I realize that I messed up there. I will be more careful in the future."

F/N: "See to it that you are. Never assume anything until you know for sure. That goes for fighting as well as determining if someone is worth killing or not. You made a similar error with Aria and her family. When I was younger I made that mistake with a friend of mine's family. I can tell you that it is better to know for sure before you do anything else."

Tatsumi: "I get it. I will be more careful next time and not assume anything." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.4K 1.7K 29
raised at the outskirts of the Empire, Y/n Was originally a normal Boy with a normal Future.... However as fate would have it, one one fateful day, t...
99.6K 1.7K 42
"I'm giving you this advice for your sake, because in the future you need to make a choice on what you do. He's lost his family and will never truly...
283K 5.4K 38
What is Time? For the Empire it's like poison. the longer it goes on, the more corrupt it becomes. For others, it's almost Irrelevant. Like Y/n L/n...
80.4K 1.6K 24
DISCONTINUED! Planning to REMAKE IN THE FUTURE »«The world is cruel but it's also beautiful, Nothing feels complete without the other»« "That's what...