Reaper of the Empire (Akame G...

By Nardarion18

F/N should never have been born, yet by chance he was. He was trained for a single purpose. Find out his sto... More

Chapter 1: Baby's Beginning
Chapter 2: Adopted Assassin
Chapter 3: In the West Part 1
Chapter 4: In the West Part 2
Chapter 5: The Discovery
Chapter 6: Being Disowned
Chapter 7: The Young Assassin Part 1
Chapter 8: The Young Assassin Part 2
Chapter 9: Howling Dog Bandits
Chapter 10: A Friend
Chapter 11: The Reaper Part 1
Chapter 12: The Reaper Part 2
Chapter 13: Girls in the Forest
Chapter 14: Elite Seven
Chapter 15: Oarburgh Assault Part 1
Chapter 16: Oarburgh Assault Part 2
Chapter 17: Betrayal
Chapter 18: The Empire's True Colors
Chapter 19: Night of Fire
Chapter 20: Village Boy
Chapter 21: Aria's Kindness
Chapter 22: Seeing the Corruption
Chapter 23: New Beginning
Chapter 25: Ogre Hunting
Chapter 26: Settling In
Chapter 27: The Headhunter Part 1
Chapter 28: The Headhunter Part 2
Chapter 29: Teigu Education
Chapter 30: Night Talk
Chapter 31: Weak
Chapter 32: Tensui Village
Chapter 33: The Lost Teigu
Chapter 34: Starving Village
Chapter 35: Tatsumi's Undercover Mission
Chapter 36: A Stylish Attack
Chapter 37: New Recruits
Chapter 38: Training in the Mountains
Chapter 39: Forty-Eighth Teigu
Chapter 40: Kill the Slavers
Chapter 41: Stylish Experiments
Chapter 42: Island Adventure
Chapter 43: Back to Work
Chapter 44: Traitor to the Revolution
Chapter 45: Kill the Jaegers Part 1
Chapter 46: Kill the Jaegers Part 2
Chapter 47: Kill the Jaegers Part 3
Chapter 48: Kill the Jaegers Part 4
Chapter 49: Kill the Demons
Chapter 50: The Promised Revenge
Chapter 51: Kill the Fallen Priest
Chapter 52: The Trek Home
Chapter 53: Kill the Reaper
Chapter 54: Reaper's Cabin
Chapter 55: Division

Chapter 24: First Assignment

4.9K 91 23
By Nardarion18

The following morning F/N gets up early to do training like he usually does. To do so he heads outside of the hideout to get to work. It is still dark outside when he starts his training. This includes running five miles outside, sword training, along with other exercises. F/N figures that later in the day he will be on a surveillance mission with Mine, so he might as well get everything he wants to do done before they leave.

After F/N has finished his training routine, he goes into the base to have breakfast. He finds Leone and Najenda are already eating. F/N sits down with a plate filled with ham and gets ready to eat.

Leone: "What don't you like anything, but meat?"

F/N: "I only have eaten meat for a while so I just didn't think to grab anything else."

Leone: "So you are like Akame."

F/N: "I guess. I don't really know what Akame eats."

Leone: "Mostly meat."

F/N: "I was wondering if either of you have seen Mine today."

Leone: "She is probably sleeping in."

Najenda: "Why don't you go wake her up?"

F/N: "I guess I can go do that."

F/N leaves the dining room after he has finished eating, to go and wake Mine up. He enters the hallway where her room is and walks up to the door. Once at the door he decides it would only be polite to knock first in case she is already awake, and just getting dressed or something like that. As F/N knocks on the door he says, "Hey Mine I am just reminding you we need to get going soon. Are you awake?" Mine replies through the door, "Yeah I give me a few minutes." F/N decides to go and wait for her in the dining room. When he gets back to the dining room, Leone and Najenda seem somewhat disappointed that Mine didn't yell at F/N.

After ten more minutes of waiting Mine finally comes into the dining room. She walks into the kitchen to get some food and eats while F/N waits. Once she has finished her breakfast, Mine and F/N head out into the Capital to do the surveillance mission that they have been given.

For the next three hours F/N and Mine travel all over the Capital going to various stores. Mine wants to go to clothing store after clothing store. F/N figures that she must be doing surveillance while shopping, so he makes sure to watch around for anyone suspicious while they are traveling. As they go F/N thinks, "I am not really sure this is much of a surveillance mission. It is more like a shopping trip. I guess it is not as bad as when Aria dragged Tatsumi and me along to go shopping. At least Mine is not going in every store."

Eventually they stop at an ice cream parlor where Mine gets some ice cream. F/N gets some as well. F/N is surprised by how good the ice cream is. While they both are eating ice cream, F/N decides to see what Mine has gathered from the mission.

F/N: "So have you noticed anything interesting while we have been traveling."

Mine: "Not too much. I did see one of our previous contacts for a mission traveling around. I think Lubbock had a meeting with that contact today, so we will see if he finds anything out."

F/N: "I did not hear much of interest either. Although in my experience going into clothing stores is not the best place to get information. I understand needing a cover, so we don't look like we are sneaking around, but it may not have been the best one to find targets.

Mine: "I know you worked as a private assassins before, but usually contacts come to you. We don't have to search out people to eliminate, instead we get requests from people on who to eliminate."

F/N: "I suppose that makes sense. I am not used to doing work that way. However, I will get used to it."

Mine: "You handled going clothes shopping surprisingly well. You didn't even complain once. I have to say I am surprised."

F/N: "I recognize that you know what you are doing, so I didn't see a reason to comment on your methods. Also I had a friend when I was younger who liked to shop a lot. I went with her multiple times, so I got used to it."

Mine: "Where is your friend now?'

F/N: "Turns out her family was much like the family you guys killed a few nights ago. She was killed by an assassin."

Mine: "It is probably for the best then."

F/N: "I guess you are right. Are we done with the surveillance for the day?"

Mine: "Yeah we are. We can go back to base now."

F/N: "Can we go and get my stuff from the forest first? I would appreciate the help carrying it back."

Mine: "Fine I guess we can since you have been so patient."

After Mine finishes her ice cream the two of them head out of the Capital following the path that F/N takes back to his base. Along the way as usual no danger beasts attack F/N as he is traveling through the forest, despite his base being in one of the more densely populated danger beast areas in the forest. The two arrive at the tree where F/N stays and stores his belongings in the hollowed out trunk.

F/N removes the false covering to access the inside of the hollowed out tree. Inside is his bow and arrows, along with his throwing knives, books, some clothes, and a ton of gold. Mine sees all the gold and gasps. F/N pays no attention to her and starts to grab his weapons out of the tree. He then grabs some bags that he has in the tree as well to start stuffing gold and books into. Mine just stands and watches while F/N loads four large bags with gold and one with books.

F/N: "Well Mine you didn't exactly help much in loading everything up. I do expect you to help carry it back though. I can carry three bags, so you will need to grab two. Can you manage that?"

Mine: "Why do you have so much gold?"

F/N: "Well I have not had much to spend it on, so the money I have acquired as an assassin has stacked up over the years. I still don't have a ton of use for it, so I am planning on donating it to Night Raid."

Mine: "This is a huge amount of money you have. I am surprised you would be willing to give it up so easily."

F/N: "I see no reason not to. I have never needed much money, plus if I do need something I imagine I could get the money I would need fairly easily. So there is no reason for me to save all this money."

Mine: "Alright I guess I can help. You owe me though."

F/N: "I am giving away all this gold, which you will probably get a share of so I would say we will be even."

Mine: "No that is not good enough. I want you to answer some questions I have about you as payment."

F/N: "Alright I will answer most questions you have."

Mine: "First off, when you joined Night Raid yesterday, you said that you would not kill someone that you do not consider to be evil. My guess is you had a person in mind when you said that."

F/N: "You are right. I was thinking of Kurome, Akame's little sister. I know her fairly well and don't think she is a bad person. However, she works for the Empire so it is possible she will be a target at some point in the future. If someone else does kill her I won't stop them, but I will not kill her myself."

Mine: "Alright I guess that makes sense. Next you are half western like me right?"

F/N: "Like I told you before, I am. My mother was a western slave, while my father was a nobleman. I don't really know either of them though, as I was sold into slavery basically at birth."

Mine: "Are you aware of the racial discrimination that western people face in the Empire?"

F/N: "I have never faced it personally as I appear to be from the Capital. However, I have seen some poor treatment of western people. Usually they appear to be slaves."

Mine: "I want to end all that discrimination. That is why I joined Night Raid. I don't want anyone to suffer and be bullied like I was as a kid."

F/N: "I am sorry to hear that you were bullied. I wish I could have been there to help you. I don't feel like I have done anything to fix racial discrimination with the assassinations I have carried out. I have only really dealt with rapists and serial killers. That is part of why I wanted to join Night Raid. So I can make a bigger difference than I have been."

Mine: "I learned while I was being bullied that I could not rely on anyone. The only person I can really rely on is myself."

F/N: "I guess that is true, but you should be willing to rely on others who are your friends. They will help you if they can."

Mine: "I know that. I trust my team to keep me safe while I am on assignments."

F/N: "That is good to hear. I hope that we are able to create a world without any racial discrimination just like you want."

By this time F/N and Mine have arrived at Night Raid's hideout. They take the bags that they have to the main room. F/N explains to Najenda that she is welcome to use the gold however she sees fit. He then takes all of his books to his room along with his weapons.

Once F/N has completed getting everything arranged in his room, it is time for dinner. F/N enjoys the meal and is surprised by how good it is. Much of the food that is made is meat, which F/N guesses is a result of Akame being the one that cooked it. He already has a good idea that Akame is somewhat obsessed with meat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.5K 57
Having been presumed dead, Akira woke up without any recollection of who he was. The only thing he does remember was his name, and the memory of a vi...
39.5K 575 19
A young general in charge of protecting the capital is now in questioned by the prime minister as Night raid seems to avoid the general's grasp as ma...
11.4K 244 11
(Y/N) was giving a second chance after his life was taken by a corrupted officer. Tsukasa kadoya graves him a second chance and sends him to another...
127K 3K 44
F/N was your average high schooler with an appreciation for Star Wars. Despite his strained relationship with his father, he had a good like, though...