The Re- Claim

Por JessSolanki

Athena wakes up with no memory of the past year. To what lengths will Theo, Ethan, Charles and all her friend... Más

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57 - Part I
Chapter 58 - Part II
Chapter 59
Epilogue

Chapter 24

991 49 45
Por JessSolanki

-Athena-

''Nancy what's wrong?'' I ask her as we make our way backstage.

''Matt, one of the helpers called, someone's trying to ruin our clothes,'' she quickly tells me. We pass by Theo who shoots me a worried look. I shake my head at him, indicating that it's all good.

We are met with Matt who looks pretty messed up. ''Matt, what happened?'' Nancy asks.

'I don't know! I don't know Nancy. One second I was here making sure the models are in place and the next, I'm suddenly fighting with Darren here,'' he explains, clearly freaked out.

''So you don't remember picking up a fight with him?'' I question. 

''Nnn...no ma'am,'' I'm sorry-"

''Hey, it's okay no need to apologize. Just go clear your head okay,'' I pat him in the back and turn to talk to Darren when Theo walks in.

''Hey, is everything okay, you look worried?'' he asks.

I'm about to reply when I see Nancy signaling me to come towards her. I look at her in confusion at first then start walking towards her. ''Sshhhh.... listen,'' she whispers.

We both lean on the wall, I used my enhanced hearing to focus on the sounds. two voices, definitely male and human talking to each other. ''Hey man, do you have the tools?'' one of them asks.

''Yeah bro, look for the rack labelled 'Nightshade', we need to destroy them all,'' the accomplice replies. A gasp escapes me and I take a step back in shock only to collide on to something hard, I lose my footing and trip on my dress. ''Oh shit,'' I curse and close my eyes for the impact but it never comes.

Instead, I feel a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist, I open one eye and peek.

''You okay?'' Theo says as he props me up.

I let go of his hands and compose myself. ''Yeah, thank you.''

''Athena, what now?'' Nancy asks, panic visible all over her face.

''Ummm.... let me think of something,'' I start pacing around, trying to come up with something.

''Hey, what if you switch?'' Theo suddenly speaks up. 

''Switch. Yes, yes, we could do that!'' I squeal then quickly cover my mouth in case the men hear me.

''Okay umm.... will you help us?'' I ask him, not entirely sure if he will be up for it.

''I'm here Athena. What do you need?'' he asks. My heart flutters at this but I quickly push the feeling away.

''Okay, so can you distract them, keep them away from the storage room. While Nancy and I go do the switch. We still have about 45 minutes until the performances so I'm sure none of the models have their outfits on yet. ''Okay got it, be careful okay?'' he says.

''Always am,'' I reply and pull Nancy along with me. 

''He is so sweet Athena. I'm telling you again, let's keep him,'' Nancy says in an excited voice.

''Keep you voice down Nancy, ''I whisper-shout at her. ''And he is not a pet okay, show some respect!''

''Oooooohhhhh so we're getting defensive now are we?'' she teases. 

By that time, we have reached the storage room, I push Nancy behind me and we both lean against a wall as a vampire stench hits me hard. Oh goddess, I should have known. She wouldn't have left this place unguarded.

''Okay change of plans. Nancy, I need you to flirt your way through those two. Can you do it?''

''What! Me? I...I think you should do it Athena. I...I don't think I can pull it off. You go.''

''I can't Nancy,'' I tell her. Mainly because they will immediately recognize my scent but how do I explain that to her. 

''Look, they will recognize me, I'm sure Amunet has told them what I look like. But they won't know you. You can do this Nancy, I believe in you,'' I tell her.

''You.... you do?'' she looks at me in shock. 

''Of course I do. I always have, now go.''

She walks out of our hiding place with a new found confidence and struts towards the two guards. If this plan goes south, I might have to step in and things will get dirty.

''Holy shit!'' I gasp as she grabs one of them by the collar and whispers something in his ear. The blonde haired guy smirks at her seductively while she grabs the tie of the second guy and winks at him. She then takes both of their hands and leads them away from storage.

I take that as my opportunity and sprint towards the door, the heels making it slightly uncomfortable to run. ''Oh thank the goddess it's unlocked.'' I go straight towards the racks; it was easy to identify Kovars line from all the flashy gowns. I remember Nancy telling me ours was next to theirs.

I spot my rack and all the clothes hanging from it. My eyes land on the board placed on the front of the rack. I start pulling it out from the frame when I see a shadow approaching the storage room. ''Oh no no no, please don't let it be the bad guys,'' I pray.

The shadow gets bigger by the second and so does my prayer. Suddenly I hear my name being whispered. ''Athena? Athena are you here?''

''Theo?'' I get up from spot and look at him. ''Yeah, hey.... i sent the two humans away for a smoke that should buy you some time. You need some help?'' he asks from his position at the door.

''No, no. I'm good, but Nancy needs help. I sent her to distract the two vampire guards, which I now realize was a stupid idea,'' I babble.

''Don't worry. I'm on it, just make sure you don't get caught okay. I'll see you soon,'' he says and follows Nancy's scent to where she led them.

After a little struggle I manage to pull out the name plate with minimal damage then proceed to do the same with Kovars. I switch the two plates and take a step back to admire my work. ''Looks as good as new. It's sad that all these pretty dresses will be ruined.''

I walk out of the storage room feeling accomplished. I'm surprised Amunet didn't follow me. Guess that's the price you pay for seating VIP. You can't just stand up and walk off without assigned security tailing you.

''T'was a good smoke man. It's a good thing that fancy looking guy suggested it, I feel refreshed now,' I hear a voice.

Damn it! They're coming. I look around for a place to hide and realize I'm in the middle of a hallway and the two guys are right around the corner. I try to open some of the doors but they're all locked.

Suddenly I'm pulled into one of the rooms by a strong pair of arms. ''Ugghhh let me go'' I struggle to get out of the strong hold.

''Athena.... Athena it's me calm down. Calm down,'' Theo says. I look up at him and sigh in relief then look around. ''A janitor's closet, really?''

''It was the only one with the door unlocked,'' he shrugs his shoulders. 

''Right, wait, where is Nancy?'' I ask, realizing she is not in here with us.

''She is safe and back at the table, I made sure of that. Also the vampires are dead,'' he replies in a casual tone.

''Okay cool.... just how an award function should be, it's normal isn't it?'' I say sarcastically.

''Athena?''

''Hmmm?''

''Shhhhhhh,'' Theo puts his fingers on my lips, shutting me up. I shudder upon the contact, momentarily forgetting the voices that are getting louder by the second as the two men pass by the closet.

We both remain quiet focusing on the now fading voices of the two men. I release the breath I was holding in. Once the voices fade away, I lean against the wall. ''phew, that was close.''

''Yup, now come on, let's get out of here, we've already missed out on a lot,'' Theo tells me.

''Yeah let's go.'' I open the door and we both step out. I brush of the dust speckles that might have collected from my dress as Theo adjusts his coat and we both make way to the ball room.

''Heyy, you okay?'' I ask Nancy as soon as I sit. 

''Yeah, those guys were pretty easy to handle. Though one of them was weird, I don't know maybe it was the light or something but I think I saw veins appearing under his eyes. but I'm not sure, like I said,maybe it's bad lighting or something,'' she states.

''Yeah......yeah.....could be, bad lighting sure,'' I murmur and focus ahead. 

The award show continues as normal and I find myself exchanging glances with Theo most of the time. ''Okay, okay last time, I won't do it again, I won't'' I murmur to myself, channeling the will to not look at him.

''I'm sorry did you say something?'' Nancy asks.

''What, no nothing. I'm looking at the stage,'' I reply hastily. 

''Okay, but I didn't ask where you were looking,'' She replies. I just smile at her sheepishly not knowing what else to say.

''We have a new concept this year at the fashion awards. The committee decided that we should let some of the top designers and upcoming best designers show case their all-time best designs. And so without further ado let us welcome our first participant,'' The host announces.

The models start walking out and a big applause fills the arena. ''Wow these are amazing,'' I tell Nancy and she nods her head in agreement. A few more companies showcase their lines before the host announces, ''And now for the highest grossing fashion company for the past two years, presenting Kovar!!!''

I see Amunet stand up from her VIP seat to turn and wave at the audience who send her claps and whistles in return. From the corner of the stage I see the assistants face filled with worry and terror.

 ''Shit is about to go down,'' I whisper to Nancy as an evil smirk plays on my lips.

The models soon start coming out and gasps of shock and terror fill the ballroom. Amunet stops her waving and turns to face the stage, a look of horror passes on her face as she sees her torn and destroyed outfits being modeled.

''Wow, these guys really did a number on them didn't they?'' Nancy nudges me. 

''I know right, to think this would have happened to us. Anyway, let's go. It's almost our time.''

Nancy and I make our way backstage and as we pass Theo. He throws me a proud smile and winks. I chortle a laugh and wink at him in return.

As soon as I get to our spot, I make sure to double check that all my models and their outfits are in place and in good condition. A make-up artist comes by to do some touch ups since I will be joining the models on stage. Nancy sends a signal that we're ready to go and I hear the host announce.

''And now presenting our top upcoming designer, ladies & gentlemen please welcome, Nightshade!!!!''

As soon as he says that, my models start walking out. I knew from the sounds of claps that people love my clothes. ''Ladies and gentlemen, presenting Ms. Athena Robinson!! Founder and CEO of Nightshade!!''

I make my way to the stage but not before hugging Nancy. Who is bubbling with excitement. The two showstoppers make their way towards me and the three of us walk upfront. I smile at the audience and wave while sweeping my eyes over the crowd. I see Amunet fuming in anger at the front which in turn make me smile wider.

My eyes catch Leo's in the crowd who sends me a small smile as I return one back to him. Lastly, my gaze lands on Theo who seems to clapping the loudest and has a proud smile on his face.

I stop waving and walk towards the back of the stage and out with the other models following. ''Oh my god! Oh my god! That was incredible!!'' Nancy shouts as she hugs me tight. ''Ohh the look on that Kovar lady's face. Priceless!!''

''I know right! It feels so good to best her,'' I say happily.

''Oh it does, does it?'' Someone says from behind me. I immediately knew who it was from the thick accented voice.

''It does indeed,'' I smirk and turn dramatically. ''Your plan was good, not great but good. Lucky for me, I had people around who informed me of it.''

''You insulted me in front of the whole world Athena and you will pay the price for it,'' she takes a menacing step forward.

''Tell me, how does it feel to be on the receiving end of your plan?'' I cross my arms cockily and raise an eyebrow at her.

''I will kill you,'' she growls out and before I could react she has me pinned against a wall. Luckily everyone had cleared out from that area so it was just the two of us.

''I have a feeling that is your intention, but I'd like to know why first.'' She looks at me shocked, clearly she wasn't expecting this. I bet she thought I'd beg her to let me go. Her grip on me loosens and I push her away from me.

''You and I both know you can't kill me here. If I were you, I'd be out there talking to the press trying to save my image rather than getting into a fight. Go now, go on. Or do you need me to show you the way?'' I taunt her.

''You will pay for this Athena,'' she says with venom laced in her voice as she leaves the back area,her golden gown sweeping the floor behind her.

I leave the backstage and walk back to the ballroom. The award show is now over and there is a meet and greet session going on. I meet a few ace designers who congratulate me and other few celebrities who happen to show an interest in my designs and would like some customized clothes too. Overall I was having a great time.

I notice a few people dancing on the open floor as the DJ plays music, a smile forms on my face at a couple slow dancing when I feel a presence next to me. 

''Good show tonight, congratulations,'' he says, reeking of alcohol, clearly he has had one too many drinks.

''Champagne?'' he offers. I accept the glass and look up. His blue eyes boring into my green ones.

''Thank you,'' I say as I take a sip from my glass.

''I didn't see you the whole of this week. You stopped coming to the training class too,'' Leo asks while looking around the room.

''In case you didn't notice I was busy,'' I reply looking away from his perfectly chiseled face. ''Of course yes. So, dance?'' he extends his hand.

''Sure why not?'' I put my hand in his. We place our glasses aside and walk to the dance floor. 

''I'm getting a serious case of déjà vu right now,'' he mutters under his breath.

''This has happened before?'' I give him a questioning look. ''Yes, but you don't remember it of course,'' he replies.

We dance to the slow music for a while until my eyes catch Theos' from across the room who is staring at us. I try to make out his reaction but he has mastered the poker face to perfection. 

There is no emotion whatsoever on his face. I trade places with Leo, my back now facing Theo as I wait for his reaction.

''Your mate's staring at us. Am I going to get my ass kicked?''

''Ohh.... don't tell me you're scared?'' I scoff. ''Aren't you an alpha?''

''I'm not scared Athena,'' he replies audaciously. 

I try to hide my chuckle but fail miserably. ''Yeah sure, whatever rocks your boat.''

''I just wanted to let you know that I'm flying to America next week. So I won't be around,'' he says.

''Oh okay. No offence, but that does not concern me in a way now. We're not dating remember?''

''Yes, yes of course. But I just thought I should tell you, you know, just in case you want to stop by my office or something,'' he defends himself.

''And why pray tell would I come to your office? Last I checked I had concluded whatever business I had with you two weeks ago now all I have to do is wait for you to deliver,'' I tell him condescendingly.

''Damn it Athena. Can you stop doing that?'' he stops dancing and looks at me with anger in his eyes.

''Stop doing what?'' I ask innocently. 

''Stop pretending like you don't care. Like none of this matters to you!'' his voice raises an octave.

''But I'm not pretending Leo. The truth is that I really, truly from the bottom of my heart don't care,'' I say putting a hand on my heart for emphasis.

''Wow! Wow, you know what? I'm done,'' he says and walks away, leaving me on the dance floor.

I shrug my shoulders and start walking on the opposite direction when someone pulls me towards them. The said person twirls me so that I'm facing them now. ''Hi,'' he smiles, his brown eyes lighting up with mischief.

''I was going for a drink you know,'' I raise my eyebrows at him. 

''No you were not. He left you on the dance floor and I came to save the day,'' he smirks.

''Oh right, so you're what my knight in shining armor now?'' I scoff at him. 

''More like wolf in shining armor,'' he bends low and whispers in my ear. And there it was. That feeling again. A deep shudder from within. My grip on his shoulder tightens as I try to balance myself.

''I don't need a knight...sorry wolf to save me. I can handle myself very well,'' I tell him once I've regained composure of myself.

''Not every day you don't. But today you needed one. Besides, it's rude to leave a lady stranded on the dance floor, especially someone as beautiful as you."

I tilt my head at his remark. A sense of familiarity flowing through me. ''Why does this sound so familiar?'' I question myself.

''Maybe you've heard it before,'' he replies and smiles mischievously. I shrug off the feeling and continue dancing. I'd rather not ponder over it, or else i'd be fighting off a migraine and Goddess knows I can't afford to get one today.

After a few songs we decide to stop and walk towards the bar when Nancy comes up to me. ''Athena, you've got to see this.''

Theo and I exchange confused glances before following her. I spot a small crowd gathered at the end of bar all looking at something. Or rather, someone.

''Oh goddess it's Leo,'' I gasp at the sight of him. Slumped on one of the bar stools. Clutching a bottle tight to his chest. Shooing away anyone who comes closer to him.

''Come on let's help him, '' I tell Theo who seems to be enjoying the little show. 

''Why? it's so much fun seeing him like this.''

''Fine, then I'm going to help him,'' I grumble and walk to Leo cautiously. ''Leo. Hey, hey it's me Athena. You okay there?'' I place my hand on his back slowly.

''Hmm....Ath....Athena?'' he opens one eye and looks at me. He then gets up and stares at me blankly. ''Why the hell have you come here? huh? I thought you don't care?!'' he shouts.

People start murmuring and whispering towards each other. I ignore them and force him to look at me. ''Leo, let's go. Come on, you're embarrassing yourself,'' I whisper to him.

''No. Get away from me. Don't pretend like you're worried about me!!'' he yells. I look away from the people who have now increased.

Theo suddenly appears at his side. He gives me a 'you owe me for this' look and grabs Leo's arm. ''Come on man, let's get you out of here.''

''You! oh so now you've brought him to help me!!''

Oh goddess. This guy is going to create a huge scene. I grab one of his arms as Theo grabs the other and we drag him away from the crowd. ''Listen here man, you so much as make another noise, I'm going to punch your guts so hard, you'll never be able to create a noise again. Ever. Are we clear?'' Theo threatens him.

The threat must have got to him so he nods quickly in understanding and fear too. After we get to the parking lot he stops us. ''It's okay. I can go from here. Thank you. both of you.''

He seemed a bit okay so I loosen my grip on him. I shouldn't have done that since he stumbles forwards. ''I can walk on my own now,'' he slurs.

''No Leo. You're really drunk right now,'' I tell him as both Theo and I hold him back.

''Nnn...no...no I'm not. You're just really blurry,'' he points at me.

''Okay, alright, come on. How far is your car? We need to get him home safely,'' I ask Theo.

''What no! oh come on Athena. Look at him he is fine,'' Theo let's go of him making all of Leo's weight fall on me. I stumble backwards from the sudden weight dumped on me. ''What the hell Theo?!''

''Oh Sorry, sorry. Fine, my car is just nearby. Come on,'' he says and grabs Leo again.

''I can't believe I'm helping this guy of all people,'' he grumbles as we make way to his Porsche. 

***

So what did you guys think?

Is the old Athena slowly starting to make a comeback? 

Let me know your thoughts on the comments. 

-Jessica.S

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

164K 5.3K 59
"I John Smith Alpha of Red Rose Pack reject Xavier King as my mate" "I Xavier King accept the rejection and serve all ties with Red Rose Pack" You mu...
1.3M 36.6K 45
The ground shook. The battle began. Blood spilled. The Alpha died. The luna escaped with her new born child. 17 years later. Meet Athena a 17-year ol...
391K 10.8K 36
Kayleigh White has been beaten, tortured, raped and passed around from rogue to rogue more times than she can count. They took her childhood, her li...
92K 3.2K 40
Violet Thomas never filled the role that anyone wanted her to. Leading up to her 17th birthday, her father is excited for her to meet her mate, and f...