The Boys & I

By ChristineCabel

A heiress from Manila decided to pursue her dream being a star. She trained then was given a chance to show t... More

The Boys & I
Chapter 1: Taking Flight from Manila To Taipei
Chapter 2: I Met a Taiwanese Celebrity for the First Time
Chapter 3: I'm Such a Lucky Girl
Chapter 4: Goodbye Taipei, Hello Seoul!
Chapter 5: My Dad's Best Friend Is the Current Company CEO
Chapter 6: The Academy Program
Chapter 7: Meet the Tenth Member of Korea's Popular Female Idol Group
Chapter 8: A Familiar Guy Who Found My Necklace
Chapter 9: My First Dinner Date with Super Junior's Siwon
Chapter 10: A Private Conversation with Jessica
Chapter 11: Talking About Love Life
Chapter 12: Jonghyun Found His SHINee Girl
Chapter 13: My Hectic Schedule As A New SNSD Member
Chapter 14: Three Endorsements + A Someone Special = Bling Bling!
Chapter 15: Getting Ready For My First Drama Debut
Chapter 16: Parfait Love 완전 한 사랑
Chapter 17: SMTOWN Live in Manila
Chapter 18: My Star-studded 18th Birthday Celebration
Chapter 19: From A K-Pop Idol Star to K-Drama Actress
Chapter 20: Confirmed!
Chapter 21: Princess of Korean Pop Music Is Born
Chapter 22: New Project Unit Called SM-B&E
Chapter 23: Meet My Dad, Jonghyun
Chapter 24: Our Two-Week Manila Vacation
Chapter 25: Goodbye Jonghyun, Farewell World?
Chapter 26: It's Time To Let Go
Chapter 27: I'm Still Alive
Chapter 28: Hollywood Welcomes the New Disney Teen Star
Chapter 29: SM Artists Say, "We Saw Eunkyo on TV!"
Chapter 30: America's Multimedia Superstar
Chapter 31: Top Asian Stars in 'Bring the Boys Out!' Season 2
Chapter 32: Asian Stars Are Proud of Me
Chapter 33: Sterling Knight Admits But...
Chapter 34: My Dinner Conversation with Mr. Lee & Mr. Kim
Chapter 35: Jonghyun's Heart-to-Heart Talk with Me
Chapter 36: I Heart This Shade of Hollywood Movie Fame
Chapter 37: My Answer to Sterling's Hanging Question is...
Chapter 39: And I'm In Love Again
Chapter 40: Finally Remembered My Past
Chapter 41: Thank You and Farewell, Jung Eunkyo
Chapter 42: I've Made Up My Mind
Chapter 43: Finally Home For Good
Chapter 44: Jonghyun Is The One
Chapter 45: Jonghyun Completes Me (Finale)

Chapter 38: Refreshing Memories as Dad's Only Daughter

45 0 0
By ChristineCabel

“But why?” Sterling didn’t believe that I’d said no.

I bowed my head down. He tightly held my arms and said loudly, “Tell me! Why?”

I started to cry and told him honestly, “Because there’s a guy who was waiting for me who still loves me for years.”

“WHAT? Then who is that person? That’s why you’re going back to Seoul?”

“I want to find the answer to all my questions about my past. That’s all. I’m so sorry,” I didn’t stop crying in front of him.

He turned back as he approached to the exit door, “I understand. And I regret that I waited for you because I love you. But I have no choice but to accept it and move on.” He turned again and asked, “We can still be friends, right?” I just nodded at him as his tears fell down from his eyes. He went out. I cried so hard and whispered, “I supposed to say this to you. Thank you for loving me and sorry for not loving you back.”

Few days after, I arrived in Manila. A guy was waiting for me at the arrival area. He’s holding a cartolina paper with a big arrow above him saying, “Koreen Young, this is your number one fan.-Dad.”

I suddenly hugged him without a doubt, with no reason. I just felt that I’ve met my father again.

We went home in Gosiengfiao’s mansion located in Makati City. I was amazed of how big it was and how elegant its interior design. Dad picked the photo album from the glass shelf in living room. I opened it and saw many pictures of myself with him. The photo album was full of childhood memories. I almost cried. I asked him, “What was my name?”

“Your name was Maria Christina Kitana Gosiengfiao, my one and only daughter and the heiress of Asia’s most successful music label company,” he truthfully answered.

“Oh. What a nice name! But it’s long. Can you tell me more about my life before that accident?”

“You’re a member of Girls’ Generation, one of the top girl groups in South Korea. You became a singer by releasing a solo album and actress in your dramas. Also, you were an MTV VJ. And of course, you’re the girlfriend of Kim Jonghyun, a member of SHINee,” he continued describe my life.

It was meaningful indeed. Many fans were inspired and loved me as I am: a Kpop singer, an amazing actress, a smart host, a caring friend, a loving daughter.

Still, I didn’t remember anything even a little bit of memory. Dad asked, “So have you remembered?”

I shook my head. And he just nodded but hoped that I would remember in right time.

I stayed a week in Manila with my father. We went to high-class shopping malls like Eastwood in Quezon City, and Powerplant, Rockwell, Greenbelt and Glorietta in Makati City. Plus I tasted Filipino dishes in restaurants. People noticed me as Koreen Young and took time to shake hands and capture a photo with me.

As a surprise visit before I departed, I gave my time with a total of 50 kids of World Vision Philippines which our family company sponsors. With the help of my dad, we had fun games and they received prizes. I was very happy when I saw their cute smiles and gave sweet kisses. As a token, I distributed 50 school bags with supplies they needed for an academic year. They even made a handwritten card saying ‘Thank you.’

Finally, the day came. I bid farewell to my dad. I thanked him for taking care of me when I was a baby until I grew up using my name Maria Christina Kitana Gosiengfiao. Before I went inside the airport, I smiled at him and hugged him tightly. As I turned back, my tears were falling down as I go to the plane back to Seoul.

Continue Reading