Emotional Traffic Series: Lo...

By urluvissuicide

#1 At 26, Rebecca Halloway is looking forward to putting a horrible year behind her. In order to do that... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
DELETED SCENE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Deleted Scene #1
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 17

9.4K 84 7
By urluvissuicide

Harry’s POV:

 I woke up to find Zayn in my face.  Literally, leaning over my bed and peering down at me.  Of course I jumped, his face wasn’t something that I was prepared for so early.  “What the hell, man,” I groaned.

“We need to talk,” he replied.

“Was being ontop of me necessary?”

“Harry,” he sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed. “If I was ontop of you…you wouldn’t be complaining.”

“Sick,” I scoffed.  Niall let out a chuckle from the bed across the room, as he rolled over and buried himself back in his covers.

“This is serious,” Zayn said with a nod.

“Oh god,” I sat up in bed and brushed my curls from my face. “What is it?”

“Becca’s husband was back lastnight,” he explained.

“Seriously?” I groaned. “How do you know?”

“Because when I walked by her room I saw him grab her by her hair, so of course I-“

“Oh fuck,” I stopped him. “You didn’t!”

“No,” he sighed. “I didn’t hit him.  But, I wanted to.”

“Well what happened?” I asked, giving him a look to go on.

“I told him to leave or it would get ugly. Of course he said he wasn’t scared of me…when I went at him he finally agreed to leave, of course it was with Becca begging him to.”

“What did she have to say after he left?”

“Well, they’re in the middle of a divorce,” Zayn scratched at the back of his head. “According to her he just doesn’t want to let go.”

“Okay then, I’m not so worried about Louis now.”

“But we should be,” he made a face. “I mean, I don’t want him to be involved with something that could get him hurt.  I told him that, but he didn’t want to listen.”

“You told him that?” I raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

“He came into her room while I was in there with her-“

My eyes widened and I started to laugh. “Did he have that deer caught in headlights look on his face?”

“Yeah,” Zayn laughed, then looked at me again.  “Seriously though, I don’t want to see him get hurt. I told him that he should slow it down with all that’s going on.”

“And of course he refused,” I nodded, knowing Louis.

“Right,” he sighed. “I’m just worried that things could get ugly between her and that guy…Louis will jump in the middle, ya know?”

“I know,” I nodded once more with a groan.  “I’ll talk to him.”

“Thanks,” he stood to his feet and stretched.  “In the mean time, you boys need to get up.  We have to be at the venue by 9.”

I looked over at the clock and groaned, finding that it was already past 8.  “Niall, time to get up.” I turned and flung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up.

“Wow, you’re actually wearing clothes,” Zayn pointed at my boxers.

“I don’t sleep naked with Niall around,” I smirked, causing Zayn to laugh. “He gets excited.”

“Fucking sick,” Niall sat up, rubbing his eyes.  He looked up at Zayn with a smirk.  “What’s this about Louis?”

“We need to convince him to slow it down with Becca,” Zayn said with a nod.

“So, he admitted to you that he’s banging her?”

“Well, I told him that I knew-“

“Doesn’t matter,” Niall held his palm out. “You lose, as usual.”

“Fuck,” Zayn groaned and pulled out his wallet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Becca’s POV:

“Becca! Becca!”

“Becca!! Over here!”

“Becca!! Where’s the boys!!”

The chanting and screaming of my name was definitely going to take some getting used to.  I wasn’t a celebrity, but I found that in the One Direction fandom….anyone who had anything to do with the boys was immediately part of their family.

“Becca, please! Where are the boys! Please…we just want to see them!” A brunette girl, probably around 15 clutched my arm, pulling me.

I forced a smile and turned towards her. “They’re on their way over.”

“When can we see them!” A girl behind her squealed.

The manager of the hotel had called about an hour before, informing me that someone needed to take care of the growing mob outside or they would have to ask us to find another hotel.  I left Paul at the venue with the boys and rushed over, finding the hotel completely swarmed with girls outside.  Now that I thought about it, coming alone was probably a bad idea.  Because, I quickly found that I was surrounded by squealing teenage girls.

Truth be told, they could probably tackle me and tear me to pieces…especially if they knew that I was involved with Louis.  Luckily, I had a plan that would hopefully make them happy and keep us from being kicked out of the hotel.  If only I could get them to quiet down enough so I could speak.

“Girls,” I called out, unfortunately, to no avail.  The screaming seemed to get louder, I sighed and rested my hands on my hips, hoping that if I stood their long enough they would listen to me.

“SHUT THE HELL UP!!!” I heard a familiar voice yell, getting closer to me.  “JESUS CHRIST!! SHUT UP!”

I turned to find Eric move to stand behind me, he smiled smuggly and I rolled my eyes.  When was I ever going to be able to escape him?

I was surprised to see that he had actually done the trick, the girls calmed down and stopped screaming.  Instead, they looked confused as they whispered back and forth to each other trying to figure out what was going on.

Eric nodded at me.  “What were you trying to say, Becca?”

I sighed and turned back to the crowd.  “Girls, we have a little bit of a problem,” I started. “The hotel is threatening to kick the boys out of the hotel if the crowd doesn’t thin out, you don’t want that to happen, do you?”

“Oh my god!” One of the girl’s gasped.

“THEY CAN STAY AT MY HOUSE!!!” Another yelled.

I couldn’t help but smirk and shake my head.  “Seriously, girls.  I know that you all want to see the boys so badly, but they’re working really hard and by the time they get back here later they’re going to be exhausted, they’re gonna need to rest.  I know you all love them enough to not want them to get kicked out.”

“I’m freakin’ serious! My bed may be small, but if we cuddle up enough they’ll be more than comfortable!” The girl yelled again, causing the others around her to laugh.

“Okay, okay,” I held my palms up in defeat. “Let’s make a deal, okay?  If you guys promise to keep it down out here, I will make sure the boys spend some time out here when they get back, okay? But ONLY if you keep the noise down and stay behind the barricades!”

I was thankful to find the girls cheer and retreat behind the barricades. 

“Now, you guys behave yourselves!” I called out again. “If ANYONE comes over one of those barricades I’m going to hear about it and the deal is off, alright?”

I turned back to Eric and made my way back toward the doors leading into the hotel lobby.  “You haven’t left yet,” I said as he followed me.

“I’m not leaving without you,” he replied.

“Well then I guess you better plan on getting a body bag, cause that’s the only way I’d end up going anywhere with you,” I said hurriedly making my way through the lobby.  I needed to grab a couple things from upstairs, then get back to the venue.

“Becca, come on,” he said with a groan as I pushed the button on the elevator.  “We can get through this.”

“There’s nothing to get through,” I stepped into the elevator and rolled my eyes when he stepped in it with me, feeling a chill go down my spine.

“You know you want to come home with me,” He said firmly.

I laughed. “Have you bumped your head? Obviously you don’t know me as well as you think.”

He reached out and pulled the emergency stop button and looked at me.   I felt my cheeks flush and my palms begin to sweat.  He knew I hated confined spaces….especially confined spaces where he was involved.

“Eric, please,” I sighed. “I have to get back to work.”

“Work?” he raised an eyebrow. “By the way, I can’t believe that you’re fucking one of those kids! How pathetic can you be?”

“It’s none of your business,” I replied, swallowing hard.

“You’re my fucking wife,” he moved closer to me, pressing me up against the wall.  The smell on his breath was familiar…single malt whiskey.  “It’s every bit of my business.”

“I’m begging you,” I choked. “I have to get back to work, please don’t make me lose my job.”

“Let’s just work this out,” he sighed.  “I fucked Jade, you fucked the boyband guy. We’re even.”

“We’re no where near even,” I glared at him. “I’m done.”

“Done?” he chuckled. “Rebecca, look me in the eye and tell me that you don’t love me.”

With everything I had inside me, I stood up as straight as I could and glared into his eyes. “I fucking hate you,”  As soon as the words left my mouth I reached up to touch my stinging cheek, the strength behind his hand was just as I had remembered, swift and strong.

“You won’t speak to me like that, you hear me?” he snapped.

I felt the tears build in my eyes, not from the seering pain in my cheek but from the entire situation.  I felt like I was drowning.   Like I was stuck under water and someone was holding me under.  

I felt his breath against my neck and I cringed. His hand found my thigh, trying to move up my skirt.  With one swift movement I lifted my knee, knowing that I had found my destination when he crumpled to the floor, crying out in pain and holding his crotch. 

Fighting for breath, I reached out to push the red button back in, making the elevator move again.  As soon as the doors open I leapt out, gasping for the fresh air as I bolted to my room and locked the door behind me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Louis’ POV:

It had been another long day of rehearsal.  Don’t get me wrong, I love “One Thing”…but singing it over 20 times in one day was ridiculous.  If that wasn’t bad enough, getting onto the lifted platform was a task because Zayn almost started hyperventilating.  Liam almost had to hold his hand, although neither would ever admit it!

I climbed into the van after Harry, sitting next to him.  “I’m exhausted,” Niall complained from infront of us.

“I’m starving,” Liam replied.

Harry made a face. “Wow, that’s a change.  Are you guys playing a game of opposites or something?”

“No,” Liam shook his head. “I really am starving.”

“I’m not anything,” I shrugged. “Just annoyed, not really tired.”

Zayn climbed in the seat infront of me, next to Niall as Paul slid the door shut.  “Alright boys,” he said when he got into the passenger seat.  “Let’s get some food and sleep and do it all over again tomorrow!”

“Wasn’t Becca supposed to come back?” Liam asked, looking towards Paul.

“She was supposed to,” he replied. “She text me and said that she wasn’t feeling well though, I’m sure she’s fine.”

“Don’t we have some kind of radio interview tomorrow?” Zayn asked.

I turned to the side, feeling Harry tug at the sleeve of my t-shirt.  “What?” I asked.

“We need to talk…” he said in a whisper.

“About what?”

“The situation with Becca.”

“Damnit Zayn,” I flicked his ear.

“Ow!” he turned to me.  “Don’t be a dick.”

“You have such a big mouth.”

“It doesn’t matter,” Harry shook his head. “Louis, we don’t want to you see you get hurt.”

“I’ll be fine,” I shrugged.

“That guy doesn’t look like he would play fair,” Zayn replied.

“Why is everyone so worried about him?” I said with a sarcastic chuckle.  “He’s a fucking loser.”

“Who’s a loser?” Paul called.

“Niall,” I replied. “Duh.”

Niall shot me a glare.  I waited until Paul went back to talking to the guy driving the van, bragging about his wife and kids back home.  I turned back to Harry, leaning towards him. 

“Look, boys…” I whispered. “I’m enjoying myself, okay? Becca makes me really happy, can that be all that matters?”

“We’re glad that someone is making you happy,” Niall replied.  “Just don’t be stupid about it, okay?  Obviously there’s a reason she’s still married to the guy…”

“Yeah, what if she’s still stuck on him?” Harry asked.

I shook my head. “She’s not, okay? He won’t let her go.  It’s him…not her.”

“I hope so,” Zayn nodded. “Just be careful , okay?”

“I’m being careful,” I sighed. “And, I’m having fun at the same time, okay?  Honestly, I haven’t felt this way in awhile.”

“Not even with Eleanor?” Niall raised an eyebrow.

“Niall,” I shook my head. “What makes you think that I’ve even compared the two?”

“It was just a question,” he lifted his shoulders, innocently.

“He has a point,” Liam added from beside Niall.  “A few days ago, when I found out…him and Becca looked pretty happy.  They’re actually kinda cute.”

“Thank you,” I smiled smuggly, reaching up to pat his shoulder. “Now, you boys stop being so protective, okay?”

“Alright, we won’t-“

“Shutup, Niall,” Zayn looked to Liam. “The other day?  Like…as in, before we left London?”

“Yeah, you guys were out shopping,” Liam shrugged.

Zayn elbowed Niall, holding out his palm.  “Pay up, you little leprechaun.”

“No way! It’s already done!”  Niall chuckled.

“Niall! That’s cheating!” Harry scolded.

“What the hell is going on?” I raised an eyebrow.

“They’ve been taking bets,” Liam explained.  “About you and Becca.”

“What the fuck, boys!”

“What?” The two of them shrugged as they chuckled, Niall digging out his wallet.

“You’re not really surprised, are you?” Harry asked.

“No, I guess not.” I sighed and shook my head, unable to keep from laughing with the two idiots in front of me.  The van came to a stop and Paul opened the doors, allowing us to jump out.  “Paul, can you do me a favor and knee Zayn and Niall in the balls, please?”

“What’d they do now?” he asked with a chuckle.

“They’re stupid.”

“Tell me something I don’t know,” he laughed. 

“Paul!” Niall chuckled. “You’re supposed to love me!”

“I do,” he replied as he shuffled us into the lobby and we headed towards the elevator. “I love you enough to admit that you’re stupid.”

Harry laughed. “I love you, Paul.”

“Don’t get me started on you, Curly.” Paul chuckled as the elevator dinged and started to move.

“See ya later, boys,”  I said as we stepped off the elevator and moved towards our rooms. “Dinner later?”

“For sure!” Liam nodded. “Before my stomachs eats itself!”

Harry’s head spun around to look at him, a confused look on his face. “Liam! Come back to us! Please don’t turn into a Horan!”

Liam threw his head back and laughed as he and Zayn disappeared into their room.  I slid my room key and went inside my own.

I was surprised to find the door that separated me and Becca’s room closed.  I shrugged it off, one of the housekeepers probably did it earlier.  I opened the door and crept inside, finding Becca curled in a ball in the middle of the bed.

I sat on the edge, her back was to me and she was clutching a pillow against her chest.  I reached my hand out to gently run my fingers across her hip.  “Hey babe…”

“Hi,” she said softly.

“Paul said you weren’t feeling well.  You okay?”

“Just a headache...” she shrugged.

“We’re gonna go out for dinner in a bit, you coming?”

She shook her head.  “I think I’ll stay in.”

I bit my lip, knowing that something was a little off.  “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah, go on…have fun with the boys.”

“No, if you’re gonna stay in…I’ll stay with you.”

“I’ll be fine.  Please go,”

“I don’t want to go,” I argued back playfully, tracing my fingers along the waist band of the jeans she had on.  “Not without you, anyway.”

“God damnit, Louis,” she snapped and I could hear her sniffle. “Just go!”

“Whoa,” I was taken aback at how she had spoken to me.  “Look at me,” I sighed.  “What’s gotten into you?”

“You don’t want to know,” she growled.

“Yeah I do.”

“Happy?” she asked as she sat up.  My eyes widened at the site infront of me, her cheek was swollen and puffy, turning a bluish purple from the bruise that was forming. 

“What the fuck,” I said gently. “Did he? Oh my god, I’ll fucking-“

“Stop,” she rolled her eyes. “You’re not going to do anything, because I’m not going to let you. I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not fine!” I growled.  “What the fuck happened!”

“It doesn’t matter,” she sighed, pulling her knees to her chest and folding her arms ontop of them.  “I’m okay. It’s nothing.”

“He fucking hit you, babe! It’s not ‘nothing’!”

“Don’t you get it?” she asked, as tears formed in her eyes.  “This,” she pointed to her cheek. “Is something that I’ve grown used to.”

I reached out and grabbed her, pulling her into my chest.  “Not anymore you’re not…” I kissed the top of her head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 282 41
Victoria works hard at her uncle's production company. She answers phones, handles scheduling and organizes the affairs of hundreds of artists, bands...
351 1 14
When Rebecca Johnson travels to London with her four best friends to follow her dreams and suddenly becomes best friends with One Direction will her...
93.2K 1.5K 39
Who am I? I'm Heather Cowell. Yeah, you read that right. I am the daughter of Simon Cowell. Sometimes I think my dad is crazy... but this time, m...
10.1K 301 22
Stacy been living with her abusive father for her whole life. She doesn't remember her mother or if she had any siblings. In order to keep her and he...