The Re- Claim

By JessSolanki

Athena wakes up with no memory of the past year. To what lengths will Theo, Ethan, Charles and all her friend... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57 - Part I
Chapter 58 - Part II
Chapter 59
Epilogue

Chapter 14

1.1K 55 123
By JessSolanki

-Athena-

It's Friday today and I don't think I've seen Nancy this happy before. ''Do you know where he is taking you? what are you going to wear? What will you eat? Please don't order a burger or shawarma. Not ideal food for a first date, speaking from experience here.''

I listen to her rambling and roll my eyes at her. ''Are you for real, what are we, teenagers? Who goes to a burger joint on their first date?''

''Heyy, there are people who do that okay. Not everyone can afford to go to 5 star restaurants like you guys.''

''Okay, okay yeah you're right. Anyway, I don't know what he has planned but I'm guessing it will be good,'' I reply with a smile.

''Ooooooo look at you, all smiley smiley and blushing. Ahhhh I'm so excited for you. I need all the deets tomorrow,'' she squeals.

''I'm not telling you anything Nancy. And by the way aren't you supposed to be somewhere?'' I quirk an eyebrow at her and look at my watch.

''Umm what?'' she asks and stares at me blankly. I raise my eyebrows again at her inquisitively. 

''Ohhh shit! Yes.... yes.... I'll umm...I'll make myself scarce,'' she says and walks out of my cabin.

''I need those papers before I leave for the day!'' I call back and she gives me a thumbs up.

I continue with my work for about an hour. Next week will be busy since this time we are going to be doing a photo-shoot instead of the fashion show to showcase the clothes. We need to start finalizing on the models, venue, backdrops and a lot more.

The samples for the new line will be coming in on Monday so that we can try them on and check for any altercations. As I go through my laptop I hear a commotion outside and see someone trying to fight off the security.

''Let me in! before I rip your heads off.... I want to see Athena!''

I get up and walk towards the little group that had now gathered around the front door. No one saw me walking towards them, as all their attention was on the scene in front of them.

''Everyone get back to work. Now!!'' I order. The look on their faces almost had me bursting out in laughter. Almost, but I had to keep on a straight face. The security guards immediately let go and started walking back to their positions.

''Not you two!! You idiots, you're actually doing your jobs! Seriously Athena, this is your security??'' Charles shouts, pointing to the two guards.

The guards come back and they each take a hold of Charles' arms. I purse my lips to stop myself from laughing at the situation.

''It's okay, I know him. You guys can go now,'' I tell them and they both let go of him.

''Thanks but I would have taken them out you know,'' Charles says as he adjusts his collar.

''Ohh I know, but you didn't. So to them and everyone else here, you just a man who was stopped by security and made empty threats,'' I reply with a smirk.

''Yeah yeah...whatever, I can kill 10 of them in my sleep,'' he mutters and I shake my head. ''Cool it with the ego Morgan.''

I walk in my office and he follows me in, ''why are you here in the first place? Last I checked you were mad at me and quite literally slammed the door on my face.''

''Payback's a bitch, ain't it?'' he replies and looks at me pointedly. ''Yeah, whatever, but you haven't answered me.''

''Well I was actually looking into the building right opposite yours,'' he says and points to the 25 storey building right across the street.

''Ohh, so you're into real estate,'' I conclude.

''What?? No...seriously. Actually my boss wants to buy that building. He is thinking of opening an office here in Toronto. I have sent him a few pictures of other buildings too. But I'm 100% sure he will go for this one.''

''Ohhh I see. But like seriously the whole building? Isn't it a bit too much. What about other companies that already have their offices there?''

''Ohhh no no no...we are not going to be throwing people out. Besides, he is only interested in the 17th floor and upwards.''

''So, he could have rented out the floors he wanted right? What is he a billionaire?'' I ask.

''Ohh yes he is,'' Charles replies with a smirk. His phone pings, indicating an incoming message. He reads it as a smile lights up his face. ''I knew it! I knew he would go for this one.''

I raise my eyebrows at him in a questioning manner. ''Wow, you really know him don't you. What's so special about that building?''

''Well there is something that he really loves and that building is the closest he can get to it. So of course he went for that one in particular,'' Charles replies and I notice his eyes sparking with mischief.

''Ooookkkaayyy. So billionaire dude loves something so much that he decides to buy a building so he can be closer to it right? Because that's a very normal thing to do, of course,''

''Way to be sarcastic Athena,'' he rolls his eyes at me and I chuckle. ''Though you still haven't told me why you're here, in my office.''

''Ohh I just thought of passing by you know, '' he stands up and walks to the wide window facing the 25 storey building, a victorious smile forming on his face, ''check out where my new neighbor works, drop in to say hi and of course give you these,'' he fishes out a box from a bag I hadn't even noticed he was carrying.

''Uhh what is that?''

''I got them from the bakery nearby, I know you'll like them, they're freshly baked,'' he says and hands me the box of cookies.

''You seem to know a lot of things don't you Charles?''

''You have no idea of the things I know Athena. Now come on open that box, I brought them so we could share. Not all of them are for you duh!''

''Seriously Charles, like seriously?''

''Yes, seriously. Now come on, open it up. Let's eat.''

I shake my head in mirth at his antics and give him a cookie. I take one too and put the box down.

''I hope it's good,'' I say and take a bite out of it. Charles looks at me intently, like he was expecting for me to react in some sort of way. I swallow my bite and see his face drop in disappointment.

''what happened, is everything okay?'' I ask him. ''Yeah, everything's cool, totally cool. Did you like the cookie?''

''Honestly, it's not all that. it's okay, nothing great,'' I reply and he nods.

''You must think I'm weird comparing cookies, I mean they are just cookies. But It's like I have this...how do I put it.... this umm expectation. It's like whenever I eat a cookie I expect it to have this certain taste, certain texture but I'm always disappointed. Not that I'm offending you, the cookies are good really. Thank you,'' I tell him.

A huge smile breaks out on his face, ''I'm not offended at all Athena, not at all.''

''Okay then I'm just going to assume you like smiling a lot,'' I reply skeptically when he suddenly gets up. ''I need to make a call, so I'm gonna take your leave, I'll see you soon okay?'' and he starts to walk out.

''Okay...yeah sure see you,'' I reply and wave at him when he stops on the threshold. ''Ohh by the way you have that date tonight don't you?''

''Yeah I do, why ask?''

''Ohh nothing. Just confirming, that's it. Bye,'' he says and walks towards the elevator.

I continue with my work and soon Nancy delivers the documents to me. It's now 04:00pm and I leave the office building to go home. First thing on my list is a power nap and then I can start getting ready.

Freshly showered, I'm now standing in front of my wardrobe looking for something to wear. My eyes land on a spaghetti strap, low cut bottle green dress. ''Huh, this will do, now what shall I pair it with?'' I tap a finger on my chin.

I put on the dress and walk to my jewelry cabinet, ''hmmmm...'' I go through it when my eyes land on a pair of gorgeous diamond earrings. ''Weird, I don't remember getting these.''

I remove the tear drop earrings from their casing for a closer look, ''and yet they feel so familiar.''

I try to rack my brain for any memory when a pain shoots through my skull. ''ohhh no no no no...not again. Come on man, I've been good, arghh...shit,'' I clutch my head in pain.

''Go away.... go away...,'' I murmur to myself as I rock back and forth. I feel my wolf threatening to come out, ''please...please...go back, go...GO!!'' I scream at the top of my voice.

''Athena!!!! Athena! Are you okay? where are you? Athena?!'' I hear a voice as someone barges into my apartment.

''Argghh...it hurts...goddess it hurts! Please go away,'' I'm now crouched down on the floor leaning against the wall. I feel a pair of arms grab me by the shoulders, '' Athena, cookie...look at me, look at me. Are you okay? hey, hey.'' My sense pick up a muffled voice.

I try to look up but my head feels heavy and it rolls back. He grabs it before I could hit the wall and lifts me up, placing me on the bed. ''Athena, you need to answer me please.''

I take in deep breathes and make an attempt to open my eyes but the light hits me hard,'' ugh so bright,'' I grumble as I feel the pain receding.

''Hey, you can open your eyes now. The light won't hurt you,'' I now recognize the voice as Charles'.

I attempt to open my eyes again and sure enough the light doesn't reach me since Charles has successfully blocked it by hovering over me. ''Hii,'' I manage to croak out.

''Hey you, care to tell me what happened here?'' he says. I lift myself up and rest against the headboard. ''Trust me, you don't want to know.''

''But I do Athena. I heard you scream bloody murder. You were in agony. So what the heck happened?''

''it's nothing serious Charles, just a migraine. Everyone gets those,'' I reply trying to get him to back off. But damn is he stubborn.

''Everybody else may get them, but we don't. Not our kind. So you tell me what is going on or so help me God!''

''Look, as much as I'd love to sit and chat, I need to get ready. Leo will be here soon. So I'd rather you.....you know...like leave, but thank you really, '' I tell him.

''You can't ignore this forever Athena. I'm on to you like a leech,'' he says and walks out the room.

I contemplate on whether to follow him or not. ''ughh damn you Charles,'' I grumble and go after him.

''Wait!!'' I shout and he stops mid-way. ''Look, I'm sorry for being rude and um.... thank you for coming over and helping me, although you do owe me a new lock,'' he chuckles at this but quickly replaces his smile with a frown.

''I'm conflicted okay; I'm used to being alone. I don't want to burden you with my worries, you have a lot on your plate already. And whatever this is,'' I point to my head, ''I'm sorry, since there is no better way to put it, but it does not concern you. It's my problem to take care of.''

''Wow.... you really know how to push people away don't you? Do you even care how the other person feels? Or the only thing that matters is what you say, that's it? To hell with what the other person thinks or feels. That's what you did to Ethan, to your mom!''

''How do you know my family?'' I ask him. ''Oh come on Athena, how can you be so dense? Gosh!'' he scoffs and runs a hand through his hair. ''It's like you're not even trying for god's sake!''

I look at the clock. Dang it! It's 20 minutes to 7. Leo will be here soon. ''Listen Charles, as much as I'd like to go back and forth with you, I have a date that I need to go to and he will be here at 07:00 pm sharp. I know you think that I'm pushing you away but I'm not. In some weird twisted way, you're growing on me. I'll talk to you but not today okay?''

''Not what I had expected but okay. You're not off the hook Athena. You and I are going to have a serious heart to heart. I'll leave you to get ready for whatever it is you're doing with that guy,'' he says in a disgusted tone.

''We are going on a date Charles. It's what two people who like each other do. In case you didn't know,'' I reply.

''I know what a date is okay. But I just don't see you and him together you know. It's like you don't fit. Anyway who am I to judge. Have fun or not, '' and with that he leaves.

''Weird, but then again it's Charles. Wait. Why did I say that? have I said this before? I mean, I don't even know him that well. Seriously! Ugh!''

I walk back to my room and continue getting dressed. I pick the earrings from the floor and stash them back into their box, ''stupid earrings, giving me a migraine,'' I grumble as I opt for a gold choker.

I do my make up as quickly and neatly as possible, then put on my golden heels and pair it with a golden clutch. I decide to put my hair into a messy bun, leaving loose tendrils of hair to fall on the sides.

I'm almost done when I hear the doorbell ring and his scent hits me. I take in a deep breath, ''okay, here goes nothing.'' I walk to the door as slowly as possible not wanting to seem too eager.

Oh Goddess, I think I need to pee. Or do i? or am I just nervous. Why am I nervous though? It's just Leo right? Yes, it's Leo. Hunky, blue eyed hottie Leo. Ohh no, what if I don't look good enough? What if there's something stuck in my teeth, what if ....

''Athena? Are you there?'' I hear him ask.

''Yeah...no....um...yes. Give me a minute,'' I call back.

''I can do this,'' I whisper to myself one last time before swinging the door open.

''Hey-llo,'' I say and mentally face palm myself. Hey-llo! Like seriously! What the hell is that supposed to mean! ''Umm...sorry I wanted to say hey there and then I wanted to say hello and it all kind of mashed up and I ended up saying 'hey-llo','' I ramble nervously.

''hey-llo to you too,'' Leo says, playing along with my fumble. ''You look amazing Athena. Here, these are for you,'' he hands me a small bouquet of pink roses.

''Leo these are beautiful. Wow, thank you,'' I take the roses from him and kiss him softly on the cheek.

''Glad you liked them, ready to go?'' he extends his arm. ''Yup, let me grab my coat.''

We take the elevator down and walk out into the chilly night. Of course the cold doesn't bother us as much as it does to the humans. ''My car is this way, come on,'' he guides me towards his black Audi parked at a distance.

''Here, let me get that for you,'' he attempts to open the passenger door for me. ''Uhh Leo, as much as I want to, I don't think we are going to make it out of here,'' I say and point towards the punctured tires.

''What the hell! The tires were fine. I double checked everything before I left. How did this happen? Athena, I swear I checked it,'' he turns to tell me.

''Leo, Leo calm down. It's okay. I'm not doubting you. Come on, we'll take a cab,'' I take his hand and start to walk to the taxi stand.

''What...no.... I'm not taking you on a date in a taxi! Look, we can take your car. I'll drive okay. There is no way we are going in a taxi,'' he says and takes my hand veering me towards the parking lot.

''Umm, we can't take my car. I dropped it off at the garage after work. I'm not getting it until Monday, '' I reply.

He stops mid-way. ''Okay...wow. So what do we do now. I need to call a tow truck. I even have a spare but whoever did this punctured 3 tires! Damn it!'' he yells.

''Leo, Leo. Calm down. Let's get an Uber okay. Come on. Let's call the tow truck first, we'll explain everything to the building security; they will take care of it.''

''Yeah okay... we can't be anymore late. I made a reservation. Let's go.''

The Uber arrived after 15 minutes. Leo was clearly frustrated even though I told him a million times that it was okay. I think I know who slashed the tires but as the law goes, they're not guilty unless proven.

Damn you Charles Morgan!

***

What do y'all think of this chapter??

Let me know in the comment section below

-Jessica.S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6M 427K 12
**SAMPLE ONLY** Previously known as His Queen. Highest ranking : #1 in Werewolf (26/12/2015) Note : Please refer inside for the full summary. ❝Every...
287K 10K 50
24 year old Athena is on her journey to success; but she has a secret. She is not human. What happens when Athena decides to return to her pack 8 yrs...
79.4K 1.3K 13
Completed~( 10 July, 2018) *** Manakel, the descendant of Moon Goddess, is send to the Werewolf World, to finish the...
106 15 17
Battles, betrayal, love, powers and witches. Who will win the upcoming battle? What is a soulmate mark? Who will save the day? Will everyone survive...