Jikook Oneshots

By Mikchimin

A compilation of stories where Jungkook loves Jimin and Jimin loves Jungkook just as much. A wide variety of... More

Princess
The Games
Barely
Suffering
Gone for a Day
Closed Off
Messages
Top
Treason
Rose Bowl
Past
Smol
Online
Sinking
Paris
Peristant
Hurt
Waste it on Me
Big Brother's Best Friend
Selection
The Most Cliche Jikook Story Ever!!!
Treehouse
Father
Forbidden
Forever Yours
Test
Compensation
Experiment
Childish
Spoiled (Continuation to Compensation)
Speech
Sightless
Morals
Fake Princess (Continuation to Selection)
Bad for You
Hot
Homeless
Beast
Toxic
Dare (Prequel to Top)
Hero
Couch
Souls
Conversion
My Jikook Theory
Bankrupt
Love Letter
Sugar Baby
Fatal
Popular
Betrothed
Hybrid
One Week
First of All
Wooden
Marriage (Continuation of Betrothed)
Nervous
Captured
Hate
Destiny (Continuation of Hybrid)
Shoulder
Magic Shop
Overheard
Rehab (Continuation of Toxic)
Officer
Kinky (Continuation to Top and Dare)
Sky
Stain
Touch
Fight
Debate
Fairy
Thirsty
Bodyguard
G.C.F.
Slave
Tree
Camp
Emergency
Surprise
Mistake
Behind
Island
FaceTime
Run
Artist
Second
Unlucky
Ex
Ship
Distance
Perfect
An Author's Note for Perfect (and also Distant)
Out (Continuation to Bodyguard)
Wild
Laguna
Open
Missing
Bowling
Looking (Continuation to Run)
Stranger
Invitation
Drama
Hey~
New Years
Accidental
Caught
Saved
Closet
Jacket
Secret
So...
Homecoming
Overthrown (Prequel to Island)
Football
Gone
Befriend
Blind
Anxiety
Cocky
Smut
Poem
Hunt
Best Friend
Pupper
Study
That
Poor
Teachers
Gym
Vow
Ring
Thanksgiving
Wedding
Children
Colors
Buddy (Continuation to Invitation)
Romo
Changed
Chance (Continuation to Second)
Dance
Roommate
Flowers
Cupid
Healed (Continuation to Suffering)
Heart
Professor
Wingman
Bar
Quarantine
Super
2013
Return (Continuation of Island and Overthrown)
Bikers
Ivy League
Nostalgia
First Sight
Alone
Braces
Century
Fire
Dynamite
Lifetime (Continuation of Befriend)
Breakdown
Archery
Time
1890 (Prequel to Hunt)
Streaks
Animals
Ghost
Cuddlebug (Continuation to Gym)
Rebound
Ferry
Mythical
Mythical (Part Two)
Pain
Bouquet
Diary
Bump
Siren
Heavy (Continuation to Hot)
Easter
Airforce
Birth
Heaven
Serial

Trial

2.4K 85 73
By Mikchimin

Jimin propped himself up on his side, having to use a great amount of effort. But...that's not right, he should be dead. He remembers very clearly being stabbed in the heart by an arrow, he remembers taking his last breath with a painful realization that he was leaving his lover behind.

But now he doesn't feel any pain. So he must be dead...but he's still on Earth. He scans the area, looking around. Then he sees Jungkook's lifeless body next to him and he panics. Just as he was going to cry out, he moves. Well, his body doesn't move, instead something comes out of it, Jungkook, a ghost, his soul maybe, yet as he fully emerged, he was no longer transparent, he looked just like a normal living person. So they are dead...but where exactly are they?

"Jimin...we didn't make it," Jungkook walks up to him, expression pained as he touches the older's arm delicately.

"It's too chaotic, I can't tell who's dead and who's alive," Jimin observed. "Too many people moving around."

"We'll figure it out," A voice comes behind them. "The living will move on soon."

"Namjoon," Jimin's expression makes him look like he's about to cry, but no tears come. "Our general. You're so intelligent, I can't believe you've fallen."

"This is war, even the wise fall victim," Namjoon stares at both of them with a stoic expression. Neither of the two had anything to say about that, almost grieving for the death that took place here despite being dead themselves.

The living filed out soon, after a quick moment of mourning. This was a battle they had lost.

The dead assembled together, the field of their lifeless bodies sending shivers down their spines. Over half of the troops were dead. It was a cruel time to be in. Men, woman, and children over the age of ten were all eligible to be enlisted. No one was to be exempt. If you were weak, if you were disabled, too bad, you were basically dead the second you got drafted.

"I need all my commanders and sergeants," Namjoon instructed, calling out to the crowd. "Please."

Along with Jimin and Jungkook, four more people press through the crowd.

The one with curly black hair and dark eyes looks at the couple. "They got you both, huh?"

Jungkook stared back. "They say don't let grief get in the way, but the second Jimin dropped to the floor I couldn't regain my composure."

"Seven of us are dead out of nine," Namjoon assessed. "Jimin, Jungkook, Seokjin, Taehyung, Hoseok, Yoongi, and myself. Only two of our leaders survived this battle."

"I died with honor sir," The same man stepped forward, Taehyung. "Because of me a child lives."

"Good job soldier, but it doesn't matter for us anymore," Namjoon's expression was grim. "This is no longer our war to fight."

"Namjoon, many of the animals have died too," Seokjin noted. "What will we do with them?"

"We don't even know what to do with our troops," Yoongi countered. "Shouldn't we worry about them first?"

"We're dead, how much does it matter?" Hoseok pointed out.

"But it doesn't feel like we're dead. If we're dead..." Jungkook brought up the question in everyone's minds that they were too afraid to ask. "Why does it feel like nothing's changed? Like we're still alive?"

Right as he said that a bright flash shot through the sky, shaking the ground and causing a mass panic. Jungkook instantly grabbed Jimin, holding him close to protect him. Everyone looked up. Jimin gasped.

To the left was a beautiful woman floating in the sky. Her hair was long and golden and flowed in waves, just like her magnificent billowing dress, pure white. She had beautiful wings that rested on her back, but extended to the sky, and she was glowing.

To her right however, another woman floated next to her. Unlike the first woman, she radiated darkness. Her hair was straight and black like charcoal, and her irises were blood red. She was ghostly pale, but her hands and feet were pitch black up to halfway up her arms and legs, flaking off to her original skin tone. Her outfit was very different as well, black leather that only covered what it needed to. Her wings resembled ones of a bat's, but only the frames. There was no skin in between. The aura around her was pitch black.

"We represent the realms of heaven and hell," The woman in white, most likely an angel, speaks. Her voice is powerful and commanding, yet almost comforting in a sense. "We are here to inform you of your journey." 

The other woman, who had to be a demon snapped and all of a sudden there was a mass cry of pain. Jungkook lets go of Jimin as thorns bound his wrists. He looked around in horror as the rest of the troops were held captive by the exact same thing.

Jimin fell to his knees, the tears that wouldn't come before streaming down his face. He couldn't feel the agony of the arrow anymore, how could he feel this? Jungkook not only felt pain on his wrists but now in his heart as well as he watched his lover.

"Right now you are bound to this Earth by the chains of morality," The demon explained, her voice calmer yet more lethal. Her eyes darted back and forth throughout the crowd, smirking, as if she got off on their pain. "Over there is your fate," She pointed with her long red nail to a huge stone wall that must have appeared when the women did. It stretched for countless miles on both sides, much beyond eyesight. A rock was peaking over the top. "You will make your journey to that rock, climb it, and jump off the edge."

"If you are judged by the heavens as morally good, you will be granted an eternal life of no suffering," The angel's eyes are baby blue and calming. "And if you are evil," She stops to let the demon finish her sentence.

With a sickening grin she reveals, "Hell awaits you."

"Good luck, the path is clear but the obstacles blocking your way are nothing short of difficult on the mind."

"It's eternal life, or eternal suffering," The demon smirks once again. "Morality will be the judge of that."

The two disappear, and Jungkook tries to get Jimin back onto his feet, but the thorns dig into his skin, drawing out blood despite him being a ghost, or at least something of the sort. Jimin does, end up getting to his feet after quite a bit of effort was made. "I love you Jungkook, no matter what happens."

"I love you too Jimin," Jungkook leans forward and kisses his lips, but they're cold. How could he not of expected that? They're dead.

"I'm so envious of you," Yoongi looks at the couple.

"How can you be?" Jimin questions. "We're suffering just as much as you."

"But you guys have each other," Yoongi argued. "You're dead, but you're together. It's eating me alive knowing my wife is still alive, carrying my child nonetheless. I hate knowing she's a prisoner of war in a religious cult, probably being tortured, and I'll never be able to protect her again. You have each other, she has nobody."

"Yoongi I'm so sorry," Jungkook's chest hurt even more.

"Why? You didn't do anything," Yoongi shrugged. "I'm just mad at myself that I had to die. I've been there, to the cult. They said if I came back they would kill her but...but I always thought once we won this thing I would be able to destroy them and get her back."

"Yoongi we can't think about that right now," Hoseok came up and tried to comfort, but it was hard without the use of hands. "We have to go. We're all weak from pain and the gate is far."

"I know, I'm going to be strong," Yoongi focused on something in the distance. "For the troops I have to be."

"Come on, Namjoon instructed. "The faster we go the less time we'll be in pain. I want Jimin and Jungkook in the front with me, Yoongi and Hoseok in the middle, on the sides to keep track of the adults, and Seokjin and Taehyung in the back with the children."

They all surrounded the people like shepherds and started moving in mass. Seokjin stops for a second, examining a dead bird, a dove, shot down by an arrow. He takes the arrow out of the ground to the best of his ability with his bound hands, then places it in his coat. Then he catches up with the others.

"Namjoon, why are we up here?" Jimin questioned. "Along with you, Taehyung and Yoongi are much better leaders."

"Well I don't want you to be alone together, but I don't want you to be apart," Namjoon doesn't make eye contact, eyes fixed on the wall ahead. "I'm sorry to say this, but love is a weakness right now, it distracts and it causes unnecessary pain. If you're alone you'll be too focused on each other, if you're apart you'll be too worried to do your job properly. Trust me, you two are two of the best people I know, there's no doubt that you're going to heaven, and you can be in love there. But right now I need two commanders, not a couple."

"Yes Sir," Jungkook nods his head.

"Sorry Sir," Jimin does the same.

"Don't apologize with words, prove you're sorry with your actions," Namjoon replies.

They walk on, the gate seeming much farther away as they continued walking. But they got there soon enough. The gate was much taller than they anticipated. It was made of stone, and was aged with cracks and moss running up the sides.

There was a message carved into the wall. Taehyung walked up to it. "Children's eyes are not to be plagued with the evils of this world," He looked at Namjoon. "Are we supposed to literally cover their eyes?"

"There must be danger," Namjoon looked at him gravely. "It's too late to protest these children from the hardships of this Earth but they shouldn't have to suffer after death, even if they aren't at their final destination. Taehyung, Jin, any spare cloth you have, coats, bags, even shirt sleeves, use the to cover the children's eyes."

As he says that the thorns disappear from Taehyung and Seokjin's wrists. "They're watching us," Hoseok says in a low voice.

"Of course they are, why did we think differently?" Jimin agreed.

"Taehyung, rip off my jacket, you can use all of it," Jungkook tells the older. "My shirt is long, I don't need an extra jacket." Taehyung does as told and more people step up. Tae ends up ripping some of his own clothes up, wearing only his dress shirt and undercoat that hugs his frame. Seokjin works to tie all the clothes over the children's eyes. After their eyes were all shielded the two men's hands were bound again and they writhed in pain. Hoseok went up to the two quickly, helping them come back in a soothing voice.

"There's something else here," Jimin notes. "To open the gate the strongest man with speed like a gazelle's and the purest soul must journey alone to find a key to open the gate." His breath hitches. "Namjoon..."

"Jimin there's nothing we can do but follow the directions they give us. Jungkook," He turns to the youngest. "You must go find the key."

"But Namjoon you said you wanted us together!" Jimin protested.

"It's not about what I want Jimin," For once the dead general's expression changes, from stone-like to almost pity. "I'm not as in charge now as everyone treats me."

"Namjoon's right, we need to sacrifice things for the good of all these people," Jungkook reached forward to hold Jimin's confined hands in his own. "I love you and I don't want to leave you but everyone has a job, including you, and including me. My job is just a bit far away. It's not like I'll die, I've already done that part. Look, everyone is stepping up."

Taehyung, who had recovered, had gone back to the children, talking to a girl with golden hair.

"I'm scared," She whimpered.

"It's going to be okay," Taehyung looked right at her even though she couldn't see. "You've already died once, I will not let that happen again."

"See? Everyone knows their place, and now I know mine," Jungkook looked at him warmly. "I have to go, but I'll think about you every second I'm gone. I love you."

"...I love you too," Jimin sighed. "Come back soon."

"I'll try," Jungkook pecked his lips.

"See this is where love is strength," Namjoon noted. "Go Jungkook. Be safe and get back to us soon."

"Yes sir," Jungkook nodded again and he ran. The wind blowing against his face as he ran from the gate to the trees.

Fear hit the bottom of Jimin's stomach. "He'll be back soon...right?"

Hoseok rubbed the back of Jimin's neck the best he could, but didn't speak, no one did.

Because no one wanted to be the one to lie to him.

*

Jungkook's chest burned with effort, and he heaved for breath. He was deep in the forest at this point, no idea where he was going. He couldn't run anymore, he collapsed onto the ground, closing his eyes in exhaustion and pain.

There were many things that were theorized about death while Jungkook was living on Earth, but he never expected this. Was it a punishment? For bringing kids into war? Because Jungkook loathed that law, he wished it never came into place. He shouldn't be punished! Nor should Yoongi, or Hoseok, or Seokjin, or Namjoon...

Or Jimin.

With the thought of his lover he rolled over and opened his eyes. And then he saw something.

He didn't know why he was so compelled to the small pool before him, but it intrigued him. Light was shining through the trees, making it glisten. With all of his remaining strength he gets up, walking into the pool that goes up to his knees.

There's something large in the water, so Jungkook reaches to pick it up. As he brings the object out of the water the chain of thorns disappear. It turns out to be a shell, and Jungkook feels another compelling feeling in his chest.

So Jungkook blew into the shell.

*

A loud noise was heard all of a sudden. It was a hollow noise, but still carried from far away.

"Y-you think that was Jungkook?" Jimin looked up at Namjoon.

"I don't kno-" He was interrupted by the rumbling beneath their feet. All those with sight looked up at the gate, and there it was, there was the gate opening slowly, revealing the rock, as well as a large mountain range in the distance.

Taehyung couldn't help but pull the girl's blindfold down from her face. "Look, I told you. We're safe."

"Taehyung, put her blindfold back on," Namjoon instructed.

"I'm so sorry Namjoon," Taehyung did as told, the thorns digging into his wrists as to tell him that he shouldn't have done that. "She just seemed like she needed good news. I mean she died today Namjoon-"

Said male put a hand up to stop him. "And so did we. But we were instructed to shield their eyes. Your hands were given freedom to do so. We're this close to either eternal life or death, we have to play it safe."

"Namjoon," Yoongi walked up to him. "How do we know the gate is safe? How do we know it won't just crush us when we try to cross?"

"I think I have a solution," Seokjin stepped forward. He opted to keep his coat, and pulled the dead bird out of it. However, just like everyone here, despite being dead it seemed very lively. "We'll see what happens when the dove flies through."

"...That's not a terrible idea," Hoseok nods.

"I like it," Jimin agreed in a small voice, still worried about Jungkook. "It's better than risking any of us. We've already had so much taken from us today."

"Good idea," Namjoon approved of the idea. "The six of us will stand in front, and Jin will release the dove. If it goes well, we can start sending people over."

"But what about Jungkook?"

Jimin was ignored.

So he followed them, standing up tall in a line with the other five. He had to look confident, so the troops didn't have to feel scared. In turn he felt more confident when he tried. He was scared for Jungkook, but Jungkook was dead. It can't get much worse for him.

With his head high he watched Jin. The oldest stared at the gate, before thrusting the dove out of his hands. The dove flew onward and upward and they all held their breath.

It went through the gate without a hitch.

For one a smile was brought to many of their faces. They were almost free. Well...they didn't know for sure, but everyone thought that they were getting into heaven. They had to be, right?

"Alright, let's start sending people and-"

"No!" Jimin yelled, finally getting their attention. "We can't go without Jungkook!"

Namjoon looked at him for quite a few seconds before sighing. "You know what, you're right. Forever can wait, we're in this together. Let's wait for Jungkook."

Jimin just hoped it wouldn't take too long.

*

Jungkook tried to run back with as much speed as he could in his fatigued state. The thorns got removed from his wrists when he picked up the shell so he must have done it right, right? And when he blew into it, the painful chains were put back on his wrists, so that had to of been the key. He can't imagine how crushed he'll feel if he fails.

Soon the wall comes into view, and in the distance he can see the people, all tiny dots, and what seems to be an opening in the wall. The sight makes his heart a little lighter, enough to make him run a little bit faster.

Jimin sees him first, and he starts running too. "Jungkook!"

They stop right in front of each other, wishing they could hug. "I did it."

Jimin nodded with a smile. "You did."

Their cold lips touch and the ground shook. They pulled apart quickly, terror rushing through their ghostly bodies as they saw what was happening. The mountain range in the distance was what caused it. One of them was active, and started shooting lava. Everyone huddled together, scared, but they soon realized that it wasn't going anywhere near them, and as they hit the ground, trees started growing on the other side of the wall. When it stopped, there was a clear path between the people and the rock.

"Come on," Jimin told Jungkook and they walked back to the other five in charge.

"I don't know if I like this afterlife thing very much," Yoongi grumbled.

"Well we don't have to deal with it much longer," Namjoon reminded. "Jungkook's here now, we can start sending people."

"But who do we send first?" Hoseok questioned, which left the six quiet for a minute.

"I want to go."

They turned around, and there was the girl with golden hair. Still blindfolded, but obviously timidly determined.

"Honey, are you sure?" Taehyung crouches down to her level. "It's very brave of you, but we don't know exactly what's going to happen. It's a daunting job."

"Please take the blindfold off me Tae Tae Sir," That's what Taehyung told the children to call him, to lighten the war mood even a little bit. He did so hesitantly. "I'm already dead, nothing terrible could happen to me. And my wrists hurt, I want it to end. I can do it Tae Tae Sir, please. I wasn't strong enough to survive the battle, I want to prove I'm still strong."

Taehyung looked at Namjoon.

"Alright," The leader said. "Good luck little one."

So she walked down the path, up the rock. The closer she got to the top, the more she trembled, but the determination on her face never wavered. After a couple of minutes she was at the top. When she go there, the sky around her lit up, the clouds were laced in gold. On the other hand, a terrifying ring of fire melted into the ground below.

"You can do it," Taehyung mouthed, smiling at her. She would have no suffering after that, and Tae really thought that was what every child deserved.

She nodded, and with one last inhale, she sprinted, jumping off the edge of the cliff. The second she did, in the air, the thorns morphed into a beam of light, which then wrapped around and changed into gorgeous white wings on her back. She looked at them once again, pure joy on her face.

Taehyung looked back with the same expression. He loved kids from the bottom of his heart.

The girl with golden hair looked radiant, floating up and disappearing behind the clouds of gold into an eternal life of happiness.

"Children have pure souls that aren't damaged by the demons of this world," A voice booms, and Jimin immediately recognizes it as the angel from earlier. "Lives lost much too young will always have a place here."

"I want the children to go first," Namjoon instructed after hearing that. "Jimin and Seokjin, take the blindfolds off them, Hoseok and Jungkook, guide them to the path, and Taehyung, lead them to the base of the rock. I have no doubt you'll give them the courage they need."

"What about me?" Yoongi stepped up.

Namjoon shook his head. "You'll only grieve for your own child. I don't want to bring you unnecessary pain."

Yoongi didn't comment; he didn't know how.

With Namjoon's instructions, Seokjin and Jimin's hands were freed, which they couldn't really be happy about-they knew they were coming back on later.

Too many children had died in this battle, there were so many children to get around to, but they got all the blindfolds off eventually as Hoseok and Jungkook guided them like shepherds. The children hadn't seen any of this happen, and they were all bit scared, but they continued on the path.

Once they were out of sight the chains of morality were put back on, and of course it gave way to new agony, piercing new places on their wrists.

Taehyung must have started talking to them, because slowly the children walked up the rock. The first one, a little boy, sprinted, putting on his brave face. He jumped, and just like the little girl his thorns turned into wings and he was granted access to heaven.

The children marveled, and walked with more excitement, more joy. It brought a small smile to Jimin's face, who's arm was now brushing against Jungkook's. The younger male saw that smile, which in turn, made him happy as well. He wanted his lover to be happy so bad, he hasn't seen him smile for weeks.

All the children went rather quickly, and it was very uplifting seeing the pure joy on their faces as all their troubles were washed off of them like dirt. Soon the last child disappeared behind the clouds and the adults were the only ones left, still, there were many more adults than there were children in battle, so the crowd was still big.

Taehyung came back. "They're all in heaven."

"Then let's send the adults," Namjoon looked back at the troops. "Guys, you know how to do it now. No one is staying here. Hoseok, Yoongi, Taehyung, Jungkook, Jimin, we're going last, make sure no one stays behind."

They all nodded. "See this is why we chose you leader," Hoseok smiled. "Even in death you're organized."

"I have to be," Namjoon made eye-contact with each of them individually. "You five have become my family. I couldn't keep you safe in life, I have to keep you safe in death. I don't want any one of you to suffer."

"Namjoon, we all love you, I hope you know that," Jimin stared back. "Thank you for being there for us through both life and death."

"Yes," Seokjin agreed. "We're all very thankful for you."

Then Namjoon finally, finally smiled. "Anything for any of you."

Then the adults started down the path while the six in charge stayed back before the gate, watching. The first few went without a hitch. Their thorns turned into wings, and they flew to their eternal life. But then...then one man stepped forward.

He was sweating profusely, Jungkook could see it even from where he was standing. He ran, but hesitantly. When he jumped, instead of the thorns disappearing, they only grew, wrapping around him, causing him to scream in agony and terror. Soon you couldn't even see flesh as he plummeted into the fiery pit below.

"Ah, our first resident," The she-demon's voice boomed. "Lucifer has been waiting evil one."

A shiver went down Jimin's spine.

"It's okay," Jungkook pecked his cheek. "You're not going there."

"I know," Jimin breathed. "But it's still scary."

There were probably around a hundred, maybe a hundred fifty adults in total, and many of them went to the clouds, but the amount that went to hell was bone-chilling.

A quarter of them at least.

But the last of them flew up into the heavens, leaving the six on a good note.

Jungkook took a deep breath. "It's our turn, isn't it?"

"Yes it is, but don't be worried," Namjoon assured. "I know your souls are all good."

"I thought many of their souls were good too but they still went to hell," Seokjin countered.

"You have nothing to worry about, your heart was always for others," Hoseok stood next to him.

"I think we'll all go too," Yoongi agreed with Namjoon. "I didn't know those people as much as I know you, and I trusted you all with my life. We're all going to be in heaven together, that's a promise."

"A promise you don't know you can keep," Jimin mumbled.

"Jimin stop, I know you're scared, but Yoongi is right" Jungkook stared at him. "The wings of angels are going to carry us all, we don't need to worry. Arguing doesn't help us with reality. The only way we'll truly know is if we go up the rock and jump.

"He's right," Namjoon looked at them all. "We're not needed here on Earth anymore, we need to leave."

He started walking, causing the six to follow. Fear pooled in each of their stomachs going through the gate, still fearful that it could close.

And it did, but not until Jimin, the last one, finally walked through. The loud boom as the two stones hit made him yelp, and he ran up to Jungkook, who was previously right in front of him.

The rock looked steep but the traction was surprisingly good, as if protecting them from falling. You couldn't fall unless you jumped.

The seven of them climbed, Jimin and Yoongi falling back a tiny bit due to their shorter legs.

Jungkook was closer to the back too, but something compelled him to want to run halfway up the rock. So he did without fear. The others watched him nervously, because his fate still wasn't 100% certain. Jimin didn't take his eyes off him, and his breath hitched when he jumped, and how could it not? It was just so unnatural to see people jumping off a rock so carelessly like that, especially when it was someone you loved so deeply.

But of course, the thorns turned into wings, and he smiled, felling an inexplicably joyous feeling. "I feel perfect!"

That caused Taehyung to run, then Seokjin and Hoseok. Then, even Yoongi started sprinting towards the edge. But Jimin couldn't force himself to, even when wings appeared on the others' backs. Namjoon lingered with him.

"Do you want to go together?" Namjoon suggested. "I can't hold your hand or anything, but."

"I'd like that," Jimin whispers.

"You can do it Jiminie!" Jungkook calls out to his lover. They all waited for him, deciding not to fly into the clouds just yet.

"On the count of three, okay?" Namjoon looked at him. "One...two...three."

And they sprinted, Jimin going as fast as he can, no turning back now. He closed his eyes as he jumped, preparing for the worst...

But he felt happiness instead.

The angel wings felt powerful against his back, he was able to control them like you could an arm, or a leg. "I...I'm free!" He exclaimed, absolutely beaming.

"Jimin you're so beautiful," Jungkook cupped his lover's face and kissed him deeply. Unlike before his lips were now warm with life.

"Why, because I'm glowing?" Jimin guessed.

"No," Jungkook's eyes were warm. "Because you're happy."

"Let's go!" Taehyung cheered, and the seven of them flew to the heavens.

The angel they met before was waiting for them at the golden gates of heaven. "Ah, the ARMY family. The strongest, and bravest, with the purest souls. Welcome to your final destination, we give you a warm welcome."

They all gave their thanks, and when they walk through the gates Yoongi is the first to speak. "Well I hope I don't see my wife and child here for a long time, so you are my closest family. I...I love you all."

"They called us the ARMY family, we truly are one," Seokjin smiled. "It's nice to know family doesn't have to mean by blood, but by brotherly love as well."

"I can't even be sad for dying young," Jungkook stared at Jimin. "Because I'm here with the man I love, with the family I love. Nothing could be better."

Jimin pecked his lips. "I'm so glad I get to spend eternity with you," He turned to the others. "With all of you."

And together, the seven of them started their eternity together. 

A/N: Exactly 5,000 words...wow.

Okay so, hey guys. I want to give you an author's note, because I want to kind of explain the concept of this story, even though I know you guys know what it's based off of. But I kind of want to explain how I got to that idea, because it really veers off the path of the original story. So in this note I'm really only explaining how this story came to be.

Because it won't be a normal length authors note, I have a kind of surprise in the next couple days. So, I guess anticipate that. But not too much because it's not anything great. Just different. Hopefully good different (:

Okay, so this story, right? It's based off of the On MV, hopefully that's obvious. It shares a lot of the concepts of the music video. The thorns, the dove, the girl with golden hair. Stuff like that. But of course there were things I didn't add, like the boat full of animals, or the little boy with the drum that Jimin was with, the fact that Hoseok was from the future or something, or like, whatever Jungkook was running from at the beginning, which for some reason the second I saw it I was like, "Human trafficking?" Cuz I don't know it looked like he was running away from a place where they were gonna sell him for something.

But anyways, this was basically based on an early morning half delulu thought. It was a theory, a theory I knew of course was incorrect, but still. I saw Jungkook running up the rock, and I couldn't not think, he's gonna jump off the rock, that's what he's gonna do, he's gonna jump off the rock. And I think that's a little valid, because of the HYYH storyline. But then I was like, wait, all those people in the field were dead, and at one point we saw a bunch of people behind Bangtan looking beyond the wall, and I was like, "Shit, what if they're all dead? Then why would Jungkook jump?"

So that's where I got the heaven hell phenomenon. 

It was actually surprisingly fun for me to write, because I've always hated dystopian shit and whatever, but this was 21 pages long. 21 pages! And 5,000 words. I just had so much to say in this story, so much detail. I wanted to add the place Yoongi was in, because again, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was, "Oh shit that's a cult, it must be a religious cult, cuz they do be looking low-key Catholic." So yeah. I hope this made people feel emotional in some way. Cuz it made me feel emotions, which is rare when I'm the one writing it, cuz like, I'm the one writing it, I know what's happening. 

Also, I feel like Jikook wasn't the focal point in this story, and that was refreshing too. Because I feel like I'm never going to write another story where the focal point in another ship, but it was a new experience writing about the seven of them where the focal point was a family aspect. There was still Jikook, but it wasn't loud and in your faces, but it still gave you the amount of wholesomeness you needed from my oneshots, because that's what I'm here for. Your not so daily dose of wholesome.

This probably took a billion years to read, it took three days to write (and mind you I was basically writing non-stop, and it took probably around seven hours at least to type of and upload. And it was kind of difficult, but I was like "I have to get this up, I have to share it with the world."

So I hope it was worth the wait. I also hope it lives up to your expectations because I've never written in this genre before ^^

I think that's all I have to say. It was based off my incorrect theory I had about the ON MV. I really hoped you loved it as much as I love you.

Haha smooth much?

Also I wanna say thank you so much for 200k. Like, how? Why? When? Where? Who? I guess the who is you guys, and I guess me too. But yeah, it's so great. This hasn't even been up for a year and it already has 150k more views than stuff that's been up for over two and a half years. Like I love you guys so much ^^ I think it was May of last year where my goal was to get to 10k views. And now this...14 year old Mikayla would freak out.

And that's all I have to say, because if I say more I'll ramble, and you know I can get way way off topic when I ramble, and honestly both love and hate that for me.

But yeah, I love you ^^

See you soon!

I have so many finished oneshots that I need to get up like you don't even know.

-Mikayla

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.5K 31
Jeon Jungkook a well known photographer is hired to be the photographer for a big boy band BTS but only one member caught his eye Park Jimin! Park Ji...
510 23 27
In the title. A collection of fluff one-shots; some one-shots continue on from each other, so yeah. Since some of these chapters were written a whil...
23.7K 574 16
Just your run-of-the-mill BTS One Shot book but with some interactive fun stuff mixed in. I have so many ideas for stories, so I thought I'd deliver...