The Act (Malec AU)

By Ayana2570

This is a Malec AU story. Alec is a young actor who just had his big break. He is going to work together with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 8

3.9K 173 35
By Ayana2570

Magnus had been conflicted about how much he should tell Clary, but he really needed her help, so he had settled for telling her, that they needed to remind Alec that he had friends here and that he would lose them if he kept up that behavior. How she would go about it were up to her. She had agreed to help, and he hadn't heard from her since. That was two days ago.

Magnus sad in his chair on set during lunchbreak. Pondering. If Clary wasn't going to do something soon, he had to find another way.

Suddenly he saw Lydia approach him, followed close by a dark-haired beauty.

"Lydia... What are you doing here? And who might this lovely creature be?"

Magnus smiled his most welcoming smile, hugged Lydia and were about to offer the stranger his hand in greeting.

"Where the hell is Alec?!"

Magnus quickly changed his mind and kept his hand to himself. Lydia pointed in the direction of Alecs trailer and the woman stomped of.

"Well, maybe lovely wasn't the right word..." Magnus mumbled to himself.

"That is Izzy. Alecs younger sister. If anyone can get through to him it's her."

Izzy stormed into Alecs trailer, slamming the door behind her.

"What the hell!" Alec jumped in surprise.

"Izzy what are you doing here?"

Alecs smile went all the way to his ears when he approached her to give her a hug. But his smile disappeared quickly.

"What's this I hear? You aren't treating Lydia right? And you insult your co-stars? Based on sexuality!"

Izzys voice had reached extreme heights, making people rapidly disappear outside the trailer.

Alec stepped back. Trying to get out of reach when she smacked him at the side of his head. He winced when her hand made contact with his temple. Alec wasn't completely sure what the hell had happened. How did she know anything about what was going on and why was she here?

"Damn it Izzy. Don't hit."

"Then don't be a freaking asshole!"

Alec was just about to figure out what to respond, when Clary walked in.

"Am I interrupting anything?"

"Yes!"

"No."

They both answered at the same time. Izzy seething with anger.

"Umm.. o-kay. Alec, Jace needs to talk to you."

Clary stayed clear of Izzy. The woman seemed angry.

"Alright. I'm coming."

Alec walked by Izzy with as much distance as possible.

Clary followed him.

"Wait."

Clary stopped and turned around to face izzy.

"What does that Jace guy want with my brother?"

"Um, he is going to ask him to go with me too the club tonight. Jace has to go back to New York for work, and he doesn't like me going out without someone to look after me."

"Fine. I'm going to."

Izzy then walked back to Magnus and Lydia, leaving Clary a bit confused.

"So, now tell me what the hell all this is about. I'm guessing you are the guy he has been treating like crap?"

Magnus nodded slowly.

"Alec is a mess. And we need your help. I can't tell you any more than that. You brother has to be the one to tell you." Lydia explained.

"Well then I guess he has to be in a sharing mood tonight."

Izzy turned to walk away but then quickly turned around again. Like she remembered something.

"By the way. I'm Izzy. Its nice to meet you. I apologize for my temperament. But no one can piss me off like my brother. Especially since it isn't the first time."

Magnus shook her extended hand.

"Its very nice to meet you too. I'm Magnus."

She smiled at him before heading towards her brothers trailer once more.

"It isn't the first time?" Magnus looked questioning at Lydia.

"No" she sighed.

"There has been an episode before, when he was younger. Just not quite as bad. Izzy got through to him back then."

"I bet she did. That woman is fierce."

Magnus couldn't help but feel a bit impressed. She seemed to be a strong, willful and undependable woman.

"She is. Those two are like night and day. Fire and water. But then again, she didn't really grow up under the same circumstances as Alec."

"How so?"

"Their parents were afraid Alecs "issues" would rub off on her, so she was sent to boardingschool. She was only home at holidays, and Alec protected her from the truth about his situation and their parents. Now she is in college, and still has no idea what her parents are like."

"That sounds like Alec. Trying to protect others and please his parents at the same time."

Magnus thought about how a young Alec would put away his own problems to give his sister a joyful holiday.

-------

Alec had agreed to go with Clary when Jace had explained to him that he didn't trust anyone else too look after his wife. It had made Alec feel proud. And he had begun to crave that feeling.

Since Izzy had invited herself, they were three people going to the club that night. Intentionally they avoided the Pandemonium.

They had decided to walk to the club since it was a beautiful night.

"It isn't right to judge people for who they love Alec. And I know that you know this."

Izzy had once again begun to direct their conversation towards his rude behavior. Alec stopped.

"Izzy! Men aren't supposed to be with other men. If they were, they would be able to get kids. It's against the natural order of things!"

Izzy and clary shared a look.

"And how about woman? Is that against the natural order? They cant have children either?" Clary chimed in. She had mostly stayed out of the conversation, but she couldn't any longer.

"Yes off course it is. It isn't natural."

"So what if I were to tell you that I like women?" izzys voice was gentle and sincere.

"Would you then hate me too?"

Alecs shoulders dropped.

"Of course not Iz. I could never hate you..."

He felt defeated. He knew that he couldn't argue against it. He would never hate his sister. No matter what.

"Then why should you hate Magnus? He seems like a nice guy. Just think about it."

She pecked a kiss on his cheek before walking towards the bar. Soon after he followed.

When they entered Hunters Moon, Alec could feel his old habits return. He hated crowds! But he had made a promise, and he was going to hold it.

Before they could reach the bar, Clary stopped abruptly. Alec saw her tense up and looked in the direction she was staring. A young man with bright red hair and a jawline that could cut through bone walked towards them.

"Clary? Who is that?" Alec asked detecting something wasn't right.

"That is my psycho brother. I thought he still was in jail."

Her voice was trembling with fear. Alec stepped in front of her when Jonathan reached them.

"Hello little sister. Missed me?"

Clarys entire body was shaking and Alec suddenly felt very protective. When Jonathan reached out to grab Clary, he punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground. Jonathan whipped away the blood from his nose and looked at it.

"That was the wrong move, pretty boy!"

Jonathan jumped back up and attacked Alec. Stumbling around with fists flying, Alec tried to defend himself, while still making sure Jonathan couldn't get near Clary or Izzy.

Even though Alec did the best he could he still ended up on the floor spitting out blood. He was sliding in and out of conciseness. The last thing he heard was his sister screams.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 518 29
simple Alpha omega story..
46.6K 1.9K 32
Magnus had never intended on coming back to the townn he grew up in, but that is exactly what happend. Now he has to deal with the consequenses of hi...
10.3K 342 25
It was supposed to be a last minute confrontation for Alec before his wedding. Magnus tries to reason with Alec telling him that what he feels for h...
23.4K 986 54
Hey, this is my first fan fiction about Malec. I don't own any of the characters. English is not my first language, so I may have mistakes, I would a...